Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

noobie questions

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2022
1.Some wizards have a spiral with a book over their head, what is that?

2.Is there an event in the library? I was sent to the library, but had no idea what to do next?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Hi.

1. The spiral with a book over their head means they are looking at their backpack. At the bottom right of your screen is a spell book which opens up the backpack. Hmm, why is it a book and not a backpack? You can also open your backpack by pressing hotkeys on the keyboard. B for Backpack. U opens Housing items. Try out more keyboard buttons to see what opens what.

2. The most recent update changed things. The current event is the Deckathalon, which used to be in the library. Now it is in the new Arena, in the Deckathalon area.

As a side note, the Deckathalon has us use treasure cards and the library was a perfect place to purchase what we need. The way it is now, makes the Deckathalon much more tedious than it already was.

On another side note, there are 2 ways to easily port to the Event. 1. The Special Event icon found next to the friends list (top right of screen) and 2. By clicking on Crowns Shop, we can click on the front-page news and teleport to event. However, both teleports are bringing us to the library still.
Hopefully KI reads this and changes things.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Japchae on May 10, 2022 wrote:

2.Is there an event in the library? I was sent to the library, but had no idea what to do next?
1. That usually means the wizard in question is online but looking at their spellbook/backpack. This means that if you try to talking to them they may not notice.

2. Deckathalon? Apparently the Deckathalon dialogue has not been updated. You need to head over to the Arena on Unicorn Way.

Survivor
May 26, 2016
Survivor
Aug 21, 2014
Survivor
Sep 06, 2022
Japchae on May 10, 2022 wrote:

I can answer the first one but unsure about the second one. Wizards will have a book over their head when in the menus of the game! Hope this helped.