Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New to the game

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 06, 2019
Hi all! I'm new to W101 and I'm looking to make some friends for questing/leveling. I'm usually available after work and on weekends. Not sure what type of wizard I should be.

Administrator
Waffle1991 on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
Hi all! I'm new to W101 and I'm looking to make some friends for questing/leveling. I'm usually available after work and on weekends. Not sure what type of wizard I should be.
Greetings Waffle1991, welcome to the Wizard101 forums!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome to the Message Boards!

The quiz that the game allows you to take usually tries it's best to match your responses to a particular school's choices.

So, you can try doing the quiz and use the school that you are granted with.

Or, you can possibly enlist a few details about yourself and we can possibly help to choose a school for you that may best match your playstyle.

Also, if you have any questions/queries/concerns, this is the best place to voice them.

We will be happy to assist you and respond if any way we can!

Again,

Welcome to the Forums and to the Spiral!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Waffle1991 on Apr 15, 2019 wrote:
Welcome to the forum and W101...you're going to LOVE this game!

Every account has the capacity for 6 free wizards (we'll soon be able to buy a 7th slot). This means you can try out the different schools if you want to and lots of players have several wizards of different schools. It can be hard to choose because they're all so much fun, but you don't have to worry too much since you're not limited to only one

You might like to check out some of the spells online to see which ones you really want to be able to cast. Each school has their own set of spells. I fell in love with Storm Owl when I saw him....and he is still my favourite spell animation.

If you like dealing damage and enjoy being the team mate who makes the kill then storm or fire would be great. If you're more into healing and support then life or balance might suit you. If you like to tank and be virtually impossible to defeat then ice could be for you. If you want the power to summon cool minions to help you in battle then myth is a lot of fun and they can summon up to 3 creatures at a time! Death is the last school and they have the slightly macabre trait of being able to steal the health of their enemies and use it themselves!

There really is no 'bad' school, they've all got useful spells with cool animations. Every school can solo or work well in a team. There is a great balance of them all being able to hold their own but also have their individuality too

If you've got any questions feel free to post them, we're happy to help! I hope you find some friends to quest with too, there might be someone here planning to start a new wizard who could join you right from the start

Have fun!

Survivor
Nov 07, 2009
Welcome! Nice to see a new face. You definitely can make lots of friends who are on the same quests and perhaps higher lvl friends who happened to be in your team up session. I currently have 5 maxed wizards and a lvl 75 wizard and have met lots of friendly people. I hope you enjoy your time in the spiral and perhaps I can run into you on one of my wizards!

Wish you the best!

Chris Thundercloud 130

Survivor
Apr 06, 2019
Looks like I ended with the Ice school. Thanks for all the tips!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Similarly to you, was my first school too. I still have that wizard up to this date.

A few things to keep in mind being a Thaumaturge.

Professor Greyrose is quite a charming professor :DIce requires a lot of patience. It is not a school for the rash and the hasty.Ice has the highest defenses and health within the game.The school also for the lower levels, have the lowest damage within the game as well; it does improve though!Ice has a lot of shield and utility spells available to the school such as Tower Shield and Legion Shield The school has average accuracy. It's not bad, but it's not the best either; hence, expect to fizzle a few times.The school is fun! Be sure to maximise your usage of it!
Post if you have any more queries.

Good Luck!