Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help please recovering master password

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
I lost my master password and the email tied to the account I've been trying for the past 6 months to fix the issue. Does anybody know what I should do? Is there anything support can do to help?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Blaze NightRunner on Jan 16, 2019 wrote:
I lost my master password and the email tied to the account I've been trying for the past 6 months to fix the issue. Does anybody know what I should do? Is there anything support can do to help?
3 things I know:

1. KI support love to help and they want to help to the best of their ability!
2. Due to COPPA (and possibly E10) KI can not reset the master account details without absolute certainty they are dealing with the owner of the master account.
3. KI get a lot of requests from children trying to reset the master details so they can over-ride parental controls or people trying to steal/take over an account they do not own.

I don't work for KI and this is not a formal response. This is what I would try in this situation.

KI can only respond to the email associated with the account so we need to give all the info needed in 1 message. I would give the following:

1. Brief explanation of the situation
2. Details of accounts controlled by the master
3. Details of verifiable previous activity on the master (eg previous purchases, type of membersips, rough dates)
4. Details of previous methods of purchases - eg old card details - name as it appears on card, bank, address associated with card at the time etc
5. Details of previous correspondence (if any) that might be on their system (and only known to the master account holder).
6. New details and request (beg lol) they update my details so I can resume making purchases

They have no obligation to do this and MUST be sure they're not handing over the account to someone other than the owner. I don't know if the above would suffice as I've never been in that position and have read nothing official from KI stipulating what details they would need.

If you are not the true master account owner and your parent has lost/forgotten the details they will need to search their memory (and maybe even old bank statements) and do this for you...don't try to gain access if it was not truly yours or the account could be banned. If you're now an adult and want to take over the master account that can be arranged between you and the owner (eg parent) once they have gained access.

I hope this helps!

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
There is something you can do.

Email support explaining the issue and they should be able to assist.

Be sure to include your Username only in the email and any details about your account that may deem necessary.

support@wizard101.com