Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Life Story And How Wizard 101 Helped

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2020
i've been having trouble in life ever since i was 12, i was diagnosed with autism along with a kre in the lower part of my brain. wizard 101 helped me through alot of issues, teaching me that in magic, there are special items and spells that make your playstyle, yours. and to me that made me think that im one of a kind. in time ive been battling bosses along with challenges in life. i have been bullied alot in my life, but wizard 101 made me think about my school of choice. so my mother pulled me out of school and got my grandma to homeschool me. at times life was hard and difficult, but hey, after a boss or two after school ended.made me feel like i was me and nothing can change that.
forever yours

-lion

Administrator
Fiona DarkWind on Sep 24, 2020 wrote:
i've been having trouble in life ever since i was 12, i was diagnosed with autism along with a kre in the lower part of my brain. wizard 101 helped me through alot of issues, teaching me that in magic, there are special items and spells that make your playstyle, yours. and to me that made me think that im one of a kind. in time ive been battling bosses along with challenges in life. i have been bullied alot in my life, but wizard 101 made me think about my school of choice. so my mother pulled me out of school and got my grandma to homeschool me. at times life was hard and difficult, but hey, after a boss or two after school ended.made me feel like i was me and nothing can change that.
forever yours

-lion
HI LionTamer! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. It's great to hear from Wizards that had this close experience with our game. We had a lot of great community stories coming in over the 12th birthday celebrations. We are glad to add yours to the collection.

Stay safe and enjoy your time in the Spiral with other Wizard friends!

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Liontamer,

Your story is so inspirational. I'm an adult player, and I live with some chronic health issues. Playing Wiz gives me a break from real-life stress and anxiety. I, too, have been bullied for who I am, and chatting with nice folks in game makes me feel better. I hope you and I bump into each other in the Spiral!

Erin Dusk Weaver

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
forever yours

-lion
What an inspirational story! While I can't claim to have gone through the same life issues as you, as a fellow autistic player you have my respect. I hope your life gets better, and it would be great to see you in the Spiral sometime!

Bryan Waterspear, Level 130

Survivor
May 30, 2017
As a father with Aspherger's I just want to say I to find this game really good and relaxing for those of us on the spectrim. There is just something ive found that really helps me to relax and understand the game and its mechanics a lot easyer than a lot of other games on the market out there.

But story's like yours i also find inspiration from the perspective of someone with asphergers. Keep your head up and keep going.

I also have been buillied a lot in my life due to A: My Aspergers and 2: Well im an all round card slinging anime loveing computer game and comic book loving geek at heart so I can relate with you on that asphect. It aint easy but its nice to have a place for us all to come and play have fun and relax

Survivor
Dec 25, 2018
forever yours

-lion
This just made my morning. It's always refreshing to hear about people persevering through tough times. I'm glad you were able to overcome all the things trying to bring you down and find comfort in the little things. I've personally never been through the same struggles, but I imagine it wasn't easy. Keep your head up!

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
These stories are so inspirational! Personally, I never have had challenges such as these, but honestly, I think it's super awesome that Wizard101 helped so much!