Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life wizard solo leveling help plz! :c

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 22, 2022
Hello!! I'm a level 26 life wizard and I am trying to solo level and it is very difficult considering the school I chose. What should my deck look like at this level?

Survivor
Dec 14, 2022
Hi! I know from experience that solo questing as a life wizard can be quite challenging, especially since they don't get their AoE spell until level 48. However, I do have a few tips that might help:
  • Make sure you're geared up! Having good equipment suitable for your level can make your wizarding journey much easier. At level 26, I'd recommend looking into life gear at the Wizard City Bazaar in Olde Town. Once you reach level 30, however, you can access the Mount Olympus dungeon which has bosses that have a chance to drop some pretty good stuff! Plus, you're guaranteed a Sky Iron Hasta drop for every run of the dungeon, which is one of the best wands in the game for your level range. Be sure to bring some fellow wizards along while venturing into Mount Olympus though, as soloing it at your level won't be easy! If you're having trouble finding a group to do the dungeon with, try clicking 'Team Up!' before stepping on the dungeon sigil.
  • A pet is a wizard's best friend! Getting a good pet can admittedly be challenging, especially for newer wizards who don't have as much gold to spare on hatching. I don't think a perfect pet is required for early-game players, but having a decent pet that gives a few stat boosts and/or useful spellcards can be a big help. Even the Jade Beetle pet you first get in Olde Town can be very helpful with its Life Assist!

As for deck building, I'd recommend keeping it simple, but making sure you have just enough attack spells to take down monsters as well as some healing spells. I'd also suggest having seperate decks for battles with regular monsters on the streets and for bosses which take a bit more hits to defeat. You could have less spells in your street monster deck and more for those tough boss fights. The spell, Reshuffle, which you can learn through Mildred Farseer on Colossus Boulevard, is also good to have if you worry that you might run out of cards. Plus, you can also learn the Life Trap spell there if you haven't already! If you're having trouble finding her, here's her wiki page: https://wiki.wizard101central.com/wiki/NPC:Mildred_Farseer

Hope this helps and good luck on your future wizarding adventures! :D

Defender
Jan 16, 2010
My Life is in Wallaru right now so I can definitely help you out with some advice here, especially since I primarily solo (although not soloing in Wallaru's taking some getting used to, and that's only because the world just dropped and there are tons of people teaming up with everyone else, good times!) - at your level, the best thing for you to invest in is to save up and to get a kookaburra pet - it not only gives you an extra blade, but it also gives you a Leafstorm card, which is the AOE you desperately need right now at your level on a Life. A Kookaburra pet will also give you a Regenerate card at Epic which, although not as good as the one you'll get as a Life wizard, it can be very useful to have until you actually get Regenerate, although that's technically level 28, just a few levels off from where you are right now.

So that's my first bit of advice. The second might be controversial to some people: but you don't really need to do Mount Olympus (and if you do do Olympus, don't solo it, there are plenty of people who usually are available for team-up to try to get Zeus gear). Zeus gear's great, please don't get me wrong, but if you're soloing PvE, your main goal is going to be to stay alive. To do that, you need to get used to longer fights, and you need to add heals to your deck. And you need a pet with resistance - that has helped me on numerous occasions, until about Wallaru, actually, but that's still a bit of a learning curve.

My max is 165 right now and she usually runs 3 Regenerates at that level, at all times, and she's done that since she's gotten the spell. Sometimes in a hard fight, that 4th kookaburra Regenerate gets added into the deck. That won't save you in every fight, but it does help because Regenerate's a heal over time, so while you're healing, you can be blading yourself up.

Third, when you get to level 60'ish - my second bit of controversial advice: don't bother with Waterworks gear - crafted gear from WIntertusk is just as good, and in my opinion, easier to get to, especially on a life (if you're careful) - my life had Wintertusk done with before I even finished Dragonspyre. She wasn't able to craft the gear until she finished the Celestian crafting quest but she did finish it, and Wintertusk gives a ton of experience, so it will overlevel you, and that makes soloing much, much easier.

Finally, what i would recommend is just that - do every side quest you can. I was able to complete every side quest on my Life until I got to Karamelle, where some of the side quests started to become pretty impossible to solo. But until about Karamelle, you should be able to do the side quests, and they're easy experience in most cases.

Hope this helps a bit.

See you in the Spiral!