Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hello from Europe :)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
Hello everyone! <3
I am a returning player (I pretty much grew up on this game) although, this is my first time on us version.
Since the community of the European one is almost dead I want to ask you how is it here?
I've seen many people on the free areas but how does it look like on the paid ones?
And the last question are there any players from outside of the US?
The time difference is huge so it would be nice to have some friends from my time zone.

Anyways, I'd be very grateful for all the answers and I am looking forward to meeting you in-game.
I hope I can make some friends here. :)

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
SuDari on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:
Hello everyone! <3
I am a returning player (I pretty much grew up on this game) although, this is my first time on us version.
Since the community of the European one is almost dead I want to ask you how is it here?
I've seen many people on the free areas but how does it look like on the paid ones?
The time difference is huge so it would be nice to have some friends from my time zone.

Anyways, I'd be very grateful for all the answers and I am looking forward to meeting you in-game.
Wow, you're playing from Europe! Nice to have you back!

The community here can be very active, but maybe you don't see it if you're in a different time zone.

And yes, there are players from other countries. I'm an example! I play from Canada, one time zone west from Texas!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Welcome back.

The community on these boards is a very active one.

There is also a thriving community on the Book of Faces.

Depending on the time of day that one logs on, you'll see Wizards roaming around every world of the Spiral. There is a constant crowd at the Bazaar, Pet Pavilion and gathered around the Team-up Kiosk.

You didn't mention what your time zone is. Most of America will be heading off Daylight savings time in a few weeks. So here's a helpful primer for American time zones

GMT Noon

EST GMT -4 8am
CST GMT -5 7am
MST GMT -6 6am

PST GMT -7 5am

Steven 125
Christopher 12
The Ghoststalker Brothers

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome Back to both The Game & Message Boards!

The spiral isn't exactly as you left it though as much has changed since you've been away.

As highlighted before, the overall community here on the US Servers are very active and vocal about their playstyle and thoughts.

You'll see some echoed here on the boards and others throughout the spiral.

There are indeed players from outside the US, I've a couple friends who play from the Caribbean!

There's also players hailing from your country; the UK.

With that said, it's easy to craft friendships here.

We're also open to any further questions you might have.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Area51Alien on Oct 24, 2018 wrote:
Welcome back.

The community on these boards is a very active one.

There is also a thriving community on the Book of Faces.

Depending on the time of day that one logs on, you'll see Wizards roaming around every world of the Spiral. There is a constant crowd at the Bazaar, Pet Pavilion and gathered around the Team-up Kiosk.

You didn't mention what your time zone is. Most of America will be heading off Daylight savings time in a few weeks. So here's a helpful primer for American time zones

GMT Noon

EST GMT -4 8am
CST GMT -5 7am
MST GMT -6 6am

PST GMT -7 5am

Steven 125
Christopher 12
The Ghoststalker Brothers
Welcome back! I'm in the UK and love being on the US servers. There are loads of people playing and unless we select to 'remember realm' and choose a quiet one we get moved to the busiest ones automatically. It's a really friendly community both on the message boards and in game.

A couple of things about timezones...Alien got them an hour off!

GMT noon

Eastern Standard Time (EST) -5 hours (7am)
Central Standard Time (CST) -6 hours (6am)
Mountain Standard Time (MST) -7 hours (5am)
Pacific Standard Time (PST) -8 hours (4am)

However, twice a year we have a week of Europe's clocks changing an hour different from the USA! I'm mentioning this because it is NEXT WEEK!!! Our daylight savings end this weekend and clocks go back an hour...but the USA doesn't end their daylight savings until the following week (they start a week before us and end a week after we do). So, if your clocks change this weekend for one week only the times will be an hour closer (eg EST will only be -4 hours just for ONE WEEK).

I hope this is helpful and a big big welcome back to the Spiral!

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 25, 2018 wrote:
Welcome back! I'm in the UK and love being on the US servers. There are loads of people playing and unless we select to 'remember realm' and choose a quiet one we get moved to the busiest ones automatically. It's a really friendly community both on the message boards and in game.

A couple of things about timezones...Alien got them an hour off!

GMT noon

Pacific Standard Time (PST) -8 hours (4am)

However, twice a year we have a week of Europe's clocks changing an hour different from the USA! I'm mentioning this because it is NEXT WEEK!!! Our daylight savings end this weekend and clocks go back an hour...but the USA doesn't end their daylight savings until the following week (they start a week before us and end a week after we do). So, if your clocks change this weekend for one week only the times will be an hour closer (eg EST will only be -4 hours just for ONE WEEK).

I hope this is helpful and a big big welcome back to the Spiral!
In my defense, I was quoting what Google gave me. 8-)

S Gs

Survivor
Oct 27, 2012
Wow, I am amazed by how nice this community is.
Also, I didn't expect that there will be so many of you guys in-game.
That's crazy!
I love every second of playing and leveling up, I noticed that drop rate of quest items has been increased from what I've remembered.

I have one question though. Is there any way to buy retired prepaid bundles besides purchasing from ebay? (I don't trust people who sell there )

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
SuDari on Oct 27, 2018 wrote:
That's crazy!
I love every second of playing and leveling up, I noticed that drop rate of quest items has been increased from what I've remembered.

I have one question though. Is there any way to buy retired prepaid bundles besides purchasing from ebay? (I don't trust people who sell there )
The items from them normally aren't available anymore, but their contents sometimes come back on Throwback Thursdays

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Area51Alien on Oct 26, 2018 wrote:
In my defense, I was quoting what Google gave me. 8-)

S Gs
In your defense I know how it gave you the wrong times too

I'm guessing you converted GMT (which doesn't apply daylight savings) and converted to US times with daylight savings... The get the right difference we need to observe daylight savings in both or neither...except the one week before Europe goes to daylight savings but US already have, and the one week Europe ends daylight savings but US is still observing them...basically the USA gets 2 weeks longer of daylight savings because you guys get more light and sunshine than we do...yet another reason to move to America

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
SuDari on Oct 21, 2018 wrote:
Hello everyone! <3

Hello. :) And Welcome Back to the game, and welcome to the Message Boards. Lots of friendly Wizards here. And don't forget to check out the Wizard101 Central fansite and Wiki too:

Wizard101 Central

Wizard101 Wiki

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
SuDari on Oct 27, 2018 wrote:
That's crazy!

" Is there any way to buy retired prepaid bundles besides purchasing from ebay?"

I wouldn't buy them second-hand either.

Watch the purchase area of this website. Sometimes they run sale and offer old bundles.
As someone else said, watch The Crown Shop in the game for Throwback Thursday sales. There might be sales at other times too.

On th Crown Shop they usually just put the houses.

But yes sometimes old things reappear, in the official shops.

I see some of the old bundles still for sale (new items) in some of the websites for stores. I don't know if I am allowed to name any. But then you'd have to pay shipping rates to Europe, I think.

I would probably stick with this site especially if you are not in the USA.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Victoria FireHeart on Oct 30, 2018 wrote:
In your defense I know how it gave you the wrong times too

I'm guessing you converted GMT (which doesn't apply daylight savings) and converted to US times with daylight savings... The get the right difference we need to observe daylight savings in both or neither...except the one week before Europe goes to daylight savings but US already have, and the one week Europe ends daylight savings but US is still observing them...basically the USA gets 2 weeks longer of daylight savings because you guys get more light and sunshine than we do...yet another reason to move to America
Yeah, I Googled what is CST to GMT and converted from there. Add to the fact that us Americans don't care whit about Europe (just kidding) and yeah, I got it wrong.

Regarding daylight savings time, a Native American friend of mine was fond of telling me,

Only the government would think that cutting a foot off the end of blanket and sewing it to the other end of the blanket would give you a longer blanket.

S Gs

Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Area51Alien on Oct 31, 2018 wrote:
Yeah, I Googled what is CST to GMT and converted from there. Add to the fact that us Americans don't care whit about Europe (just kidding) and yeah, I got it wrong.

Regarding daylight savings time, a Native American friend of mine was fond of telling me,

Only the government would think that cutting a foot off the end of blanket and sewing it to the other end of the blanket would give you a longer blanket.

S Gs
Oh my goodness, idk how I managed to miss seeing this thread being updated! Your comment 'Americans don't care whit about Europe' made me laugh!

I laughed at your blanket analogy too...no-one's cutting it, we just pull it closer when it's cold and push it away when it's not...PUT DOWN THE SCISSORS ALIEN...YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!!

Sudri ~ KI often warn about buying things from other sources because if something goes wrong with the transaction they can't do anything about it. I just wait for them to be available through the website or crown shop...it's a pain waiting for them but they DO come online eventually. Sometimes they put a load of them on the website at reduced prices too...the temptation is too much to resist when that happens!

Defender
Jul 01, 2015
I am from Malta!
Andrew Goldencoin (Probably the only maltese wizard)

Survivor
Mar 27, 2012
Victoria FireHeart said:

"...
GMT noon

Pacific Standard Time (PST) -8 hours (4am)"

one US time zone left out here:
Hawaiian Standard Time (HST) -10 hours from GMT always, no daylight savings time.