Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I do sidequests while in Mooshu?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 22, 2009
I am level 32 and I am in Mooshu right now, does anyone think I need to do sidequests to get me ready for Dragonspyre/Grizzelheim? I am a low level wizard but I finished Marleybone really early somehow..... I was like level 28 which to me is early. Do I need sidequests?

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
Hey
I have a master death wizard still on moo shu. The reason is, the sidequests. To me, MS is the absolute BEST world because of the exp the sidequests give out. It gives like 2000 exp every quest. It gets so much easier to lvl. So yes, do your sidequests in Moo Shu. When you do DS or GH, it gets WAY harder to lvl. :)

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
jlcool6 wrote:
I am level 32 and I am in Mooshu right now, does anyone think I need to do sidequests to get me ready for Dragonspyre/Grizzelheim? I am a low level wizard but I finished Marleybone really early somehow..... I was like level 28 which to me is early. Do I need sidequests?

If you are Life, you will find it easier to obtain the level 48 spell if you do the Wavebringer, Mossback, and Oakheart quests while you are in Mooshu.

I have three grandmasters and did all the side quests in MS before going on to Dragonspyre. The extra experience did help.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Delver
May 04, 2009

jlcool6 wrote:

In my opinion, YES you should do the sidequests. Even though they are not part of the main storyline, the sidequests are there for a reason. Have you seen how many posts there are about "not being able to complete something" and "I don't know why I can't do this..."?

Many of the times the problem was that they didn't complete some sidequest that was required for a later quest. Now they have to spend time going back and looking for a sidequest they didn't complete. I don't understand why people are in such a hurry that they ignore the sidequests.

Delver
May 04, 2009

jlcool 6 - this is for you...

Hope this helps...

This is a copy of a reply that Gamma posted dated Dec. 31st (5:15) in this section of the forum:

If Theurgists are having trouble completing your level 48 Life spell quest, you must complete a sidequest in MooShu in order to have access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace.

You must complete these quests, in this order, to get to Oakheart in the Jade Palace. A lot of these quests are the same side quests that you need to complete for the “Wizard Tours” quest or Obsidian Chests quest to get access to the one chest in MooShu.

Cave of Solitude
1. I’m Cursed (from Mossback)
2. Rock On (from Mossback)

Kishibe Village
1. Wear Your Gloves (from Mossback)

Shirataki Temple
1. I’m Cured! (from Mossback)

Ancient Burial Grounds
1. Distressed Earth (from Mossback)
2. Forest Foray (from Mossback)

Village of Sorrow
1. Tainted Forest (from Wavebringer)
2. Forest Spirit (from Wavebringer)

Tree of Life
1. The Great Forest (from Oakheart)
2. Everlasting Forest (from Oakheart)

“Everlasting Forest” quest will give you access to Oakheart in the Jade Palace!

If you are not sure if you have completed any of these quests, or are still having trouble, contact Support with your username and character name and they will help you get moving forward.
{o,o}
|)_)

Survivor
Jul 22, 2009
Believe me if u take on side quests u will have a hard time telling ur friend s what quest ur working on. but first u really finish mooshu before taking on dragonspyre it is really hard. just trying to give u some advice. :-) :-) :-)

Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
It is absolutely neccessary to at least do the Mossback/Wavebringer/Oakheart side quests in Mooshu for every wizard or there will be an important quest given in Dragonspyre to recover items from various places across the spiral. One of these is in a dojo in Mooshu that you cannot get into unless you have done these side quests. I made the mistake with my first character who went through the gammut and got all the items to that point when I realized I couldn't get into that building. I had to back track a d find out how to get the quest to into the building. It took me forever to do so. It would have saved me so much trouble to have just done that series of quests to begin with.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
my recomindation is that you do a few sidequest that go along with your main quests while your in a world, then after you beat it, go back and finish them all. Makes them much easier

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
I need help in Shirataki Temple Instance.Think anyone can help me? I am a level 37 magus thergist Finnigan DarkFlame

Survivor
Jan 08, 2009
In my opnion you should do the sidequests, Even though they give you less xp, they help you get levels faster, which means worlds faster and grandmaster faster.
Hope you do the sidequests
Sincerly,
Dakota AngleBreeze Level 31 Pyromancer

Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
Right now i have finished dragonspyre and i am waiting on celestia. I would do the side quests so you can get more experience and it will help you become a grandmaster too. Hope this helps!!

-Allison Jadestone lvl 48 ice :-D

Defender
May 21, 2009
jlcool6 wrote:

YES!! You should do every sidequest from one world before you move on to a new world. Trust me I've skipped a TON of Krokotopian sidequests when I was in Marleybone, not a fun time going back to Krok. So I hope you learn form this & ty for reading.

Christopher JadeBlade
lvl.50 Theurgist
Savior of the Spiral

Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
jlcool6 wrote:

yea i think you do need side quests
that low lvl :?

Survivor
Dec 12, 2008
Don`t do all of them. Do the main quests and do some sidequests so when you`re in dragonspyre you`ll have some quests to help you level up.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
I am a level 49 pyromancer and I had the quest to beat malistare at level 42!
It is getting really hard for me to level so DO THE SIDEQUESTS! :x Charlesdragonblood savior of the spiral

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
jlcool6 wrote:

Yeah i was a level 31 in moo shu and almost at Crimson fields then i decided to do side quest cause it was only gonna get harder. I would do side quest if i were you so you could be a higher level for the Cyrus Drake battle. So it doesn't get to hard i would do the side quest. Well you can do what you want.

David Stronghunter Grandmaster Pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 28, 2010
yes you should do all the sidequests you will gain 3-9 levels :) :-) then you will be a higher level when you enter DS i was level 43 when i entered DS it gave me an advantage of the bosses :) :-)

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
jlcool6 wrote:
yes