Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Obsidian Chests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 15, 2009
Can anyone tell me what their function or importance are? Are they a quest? I'm a level 40 necromancer and my ignorance is beginning to annoy me. :?

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
Yes, they are a quest from Dragonspyre. A magical staff was broken into nine pieces and hidden in chests throughout the spiral, to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. You have to retrieve the pieces in order to.... Well, you'll get there! 8)

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I got the staff last night its a very long quest and be prepared to do alot of running to get it all done.

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Gargar2001 wrote:
I got the staff last night its a very long quest and be prepared to do alot of running to get it all done.

;)
That.... is a serious under-statement, since they're spread all over the entire length and width of the Spiral...!

If you have issues with where any are found, I can probably help you find the ones from WC to Mooshu....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 39, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")
;)

Survivor
Jan 23, 2009
I have done all the mossback quests in Cave of Solitude, Kisbibe Village, Shirataki, and Ancient Burial Grounds and I still can't get access to Ancient Burial Grounds for the obsidian chest. I also saw a message you have to fight crazed forest spirit which is given to you by Mossback. I cant remember where that was. Did I miss anything? Allison Mythrunner, Level 49, Life. Followup: I just found a Mossback I missed, I finished the obsidian in Mooshu and now I only have Labyrinth to get.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
I have been all over looking for mossback qests and can't find any and I still can't get into that house to get that chest can some one help please .