Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Now in mooshu but getting clobbered!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
I've been having so much trouble in mooshu i feel like giving up. :( Mooshu is so hard and i cant get anything done! People say its because of my lvl (Got in ms at lvl 28 ) Should i just do more side quests or is ms immpossible?

Samantha Stormgem lvl 29 storm

Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Ummm.... I think you may have made a typing mistake. It is impossible to be in Ms at lvl 2. Lvl 29 may be a little to low for ms. I'm lvl 36 and still can't seem to do the bosses by myself. It get pretty annoyong. But it's part of the game I guess we need to come up w/ new battle stratigies????

Iridian RoseHeart
Level 36 Magus
Thamuturge

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Your level is a bit low, but you have Tempest and a blade so you should be able to hang tough. If you can find some other players to quest with that always helps. As a Storm wizard you strength is in attacking fast and hard.

There are many ways to strengthen your wizard. If you can find some side quests in MB or KT to get enough experience to get to level 30 then you can upgrade your equipment. Buy the best gear you can afford for level 30 - look for gear with the highest accuracy, attack and health bonus. Make sure you have a good ring and athame (High health).
There are now level 30 wands available (Dragon's Hoard) that give you a bonus pip, (and even a crown wand that gives a power pip). The extra power pip(s) help a lot.

You can get Tough, strong, giant or monstrous treasure cards at the bazaar to add extra damage to Tempest. (Also you can get some Treasure cards for any shields you are missing in your spell deck) Buy some Stormblade TC or Dragonblade TC if you can find/afford them.
In general use a shield(s), use a Stormblade, use an Elemental Blade and then attack with Tempest + a tough card. Don't heal until you kill at least one enemy, or are on the verge of dying.
Always use a Stormblade when attacking. Build your spell deck so your blades and Tempest come up within a few turns.

Anyway, that's some of my advice. Good Luck.

Survivor
Jan 05, 2011
Busymk wrote:
Ummm.... I think you may have made a typing mistake. It is impossible to be in Ms at lvl 2. Lvl 29 may be a little to low for ms. I'm lvl 36 and still can't seem to do the bosses by myself. It get pretty annoyong. But it's part of the game I guess we need to come up w/ new battle stratigies????

Iridian RoseHeart
Level 36 Magus
Thamuturge

Sry for some reason it put a smiley instead of lvl 28. Wierd.

Defender
Oct 26, 2009
purplepancakes wrote:
I've been having so much trouble in mooshu i feel like giving up. :( Mooshu is so hard and i cant get anything done! People say its because of my lvl (Got in ms at lvl 28 ) Should i just do more side quests or is ms immpossible?

Tempest my friend! You can kill most things in MS with a storm blade, storm trap, pass, and Tempest. For bosses, finish them off with a Kraken. You are entering the part of the game that will get easier for you. Once you have tempest, your journey as a storm wizard will get easier.

Defender
Sep 14, 2010
:O I'm assuming you did no side quests. You should go do them, because you'll get better gear, spells, and more. Then Mooshu should be pretty simple for you.

Explorer
Feb 18, 2011
Busymk wrote:

Iridian RoseHeart
Level 36 Magus
Thamuturge

wait but since your ice youll have trouble with bosses ussually because of your low damage

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
MooShu at level 28? What??? I didn't get in until about level 33. Wow... No wonder your getting clobbered.

Survivor
May 23, 2009
Nick16567 wrote:
Busymk wrote:

Iridian RoseHeart
Level 36 Magus
Thamuturge

wait but since your ice youll have trouble with bosses ussually because of your low damage

Um I take HIGH OFFENSE to that comment. Ice is one of the best defense and offense schools!! I pretty much SOLOED Ms and I'm Ice. So quit being a hater.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
This is why you have friends, text one that you need help and they will be happy to assist you or make friends around the spiral and let them help you.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
</div>
</blockquote>
</div>
</blockquote>
Untrue... you obviously don't have an ice wizard. Ice can be very powerful if played correctly. And we have the highest level of life of all wizards. Let's not attack what you are unfamiliar with, okay? :-/

Defender
Nov 18, 2011
Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Yes do more side quests. I have notice that the side quests gives you more XP points then the story quests gives you. I also have a storm student and the higher your level is the better hits you get as will. Good Luck...

Explorer
Jan 17, 2012
It's a good idea to do every single side quest you can. Also a good idea to take on bosses multiple times.

Doing side quests will get your levels up higher which you will need (don't know how you made it through Marlebone without the side quests. Those bosses are tough!). Doing bosses multiple times will get your loot you can either use for better defense, or can sell to buy better defensive gear.

You will often find that the Kraken on Triton Avenue is constantly busy precisely because players are battling him repeatedly for sellable loot.

Defender
Dec 31, 2011
purplepancakes wrote:

Level 29 seems a bit low for Mooshu. So you might wanna do Marleybones side quest to level up.

Level 35 Ice Wizard

Geographer
Nov 26, 2011
OK, You should try to get lvl 35+ before you attempt to do Mooshu, your WAY underleveled. I always go overleveled. Maybe see you in the Sprial, Jasmine Fireblade.

Explorer
May 10, 2011
Busymk wrote:

Iridian RoseHeart
Level 36 Magus
Thamuturge
you need to be 40 level to get there and it will be easier 40 level is the right level you need to get the key to ms

Survivor
May 08, 2011
Just look at your quests and do the ones with the most XP
Timothy Darksword Master Necromancer 44 8)