Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mooshu is so hard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2012
Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
fabio368 on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
i don't like mooshu that world is so hard
On my first wizard I remember around mid Mooshu having to start to pay more attention to how I play the game to avoid defeats. I had to get better gear or current gear from the Bazaar and learn how to use my spells more effectively - not every spell you get goes in your deck for battles, in fact a lot never get used at all. Par down to just the spells you need to get it done, you can use the Starter deck for mob fights and deck more toward your level and school for boss fights.

It took a lot of practice to get by. Most of my friends list emptied out so I continued on most solo. Back then gear was a lot less to pick from so getting the right gear was rough. Now the choices are more vast and better gear is available.

Mary

Delver
Mar 07, 2012
It's not hard :P Atleast, it wasn't for me. I'm a life wizard so basically the hardest part for me was the jade oni. He had 800 health left, and I ran out of cards! :'( Now i'm in Celestia and those street enemies are NOT nice.

~ Vanessa Rainbowpetal, level 53 theurgist

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
I'm sorry to hear you seem to be having problems in one of my favorite zones. As I am assisting a family member get through it, I have noticed the mobs still actively shield and weaken us. If your Icon is referring to your school of choice being Death, then I have a few suggestions for you. Some of these suggestions may not apply yet as you haven't explained what level you are attempting Mooshu at.

1. Use ONLY Draining spells as a means of attacking your opponent. If you are not level 42 with Wraith, then Vampire will have to suffice.

2. Use your Feint spell for extra damage, but apply it last to lesson the opportunity for a counter attack. If your attack defeats the mob, then the 30% incoming damage boost is not a factor.

3. Remember to take the extra turn(s) to apply Feint and your other traps, your Blade spells, and Prism for mobs to maximize your damage. Use an alternate school's damage for your wand so you don't consume your damage buffs, and if a weaken spell has been applied, it will eliminate it.

4. In the first Arc, gear from the Bazaar is available to you at every 5 levels up to level 50 with some crafted gear in between. Check the Bazaar for useful upgrades to your gear which boost your health, resistance(s), accuracy, and damage.

5. If you have the patience and the extra play time, attempt to level a "useful" pet. If you have an extra 5000 gold, there is a low level spider pet at the Jade Palace Pet Vendor.

6. Make sure your spell deck is set up to fight the correct enemy. Practice new strategies on weak enemies to perfect a set of spells that best suits your play style. Limit your spell arsenal to ONLY the spells you need to avoid excessive discarding and passing during a duel, as this allows your enemies to build Pips and attack with greater force.

I don't know if you play mostly Solo or have a friend list to ask for help from, but with these suggestions you will be able to Solo Mooshu.

Best of luck to you

Gabriel Archmage

Survivor
Feb 10, 2013
Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
fabio368 on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
i don't like mooshu that world is so hard
lol i am sorry dude, but that comment just made my day rotfl.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2013
mooshu is not really hard for me. im a lvl 43 ice/life wizard so its pretty hard to defeat me. i love this world!!! Im sorry your having such a hard time :(

Mastermind
Jan 05, 2014
mmoluvr on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
I'm sorry to hear you seem to be having problems in one of my favorite zones. As I am assisting a family member get through it, I have noticed the mobs still actively shield and weaken us. If your Icon is referring to your school of choice being Death, then I have a few suggestions for you. Some of these suggestions may not apply yet as you haven't explained what level you are attempting Mooshu at.

1. Use ONLY Draining spells as a means of attacking your opponent. If you are not level 42 with Wraith, then Vampire will have to suffice.

2. Use your Feint spell for extra damage, but apply it last to lesson the opportunity for a counter attack. If your attack defeats the mob, then the 30% incoming damage boost is not a factor.

3. Remember to take the extra turn(s) to apply Feint and your other traps, your Blade spells, and Prism for mobs to maximize your damage. Use an alternate school's damage for your wand so you don't consume your damage buffs, and if a weaken spell has been applied, it will eliminate it.

4. In the first Arc, gear from the Bazaar is available to you at every 5 levels up to level 50 with some crafted gear in between. Check the Bazaar for useful upgrades to your gear which boost your health, resistance(s), accuracy, and damage.

5. If you have the patience and the extra play time, attempt to level a "useful" pet. If you have an extra 5000 gold, there is a low level spider pet at the Jade Palace Pet Vendor.

6. Make sure your spell deck is set up to fight the correct enemy. Practice new strategies on weak enemies to perfect a set of spells that best suits your play style. Limit your spell arsenal to ONLY the spells you need to avoid excessive discarding and passing during a duel, as this allows your enemies to build Pips and attack with greater force.

I don't know if you play mostly Solo or have a friend list to ask for help from, but with these suggestions you will be able to Solo Mooshu.

Best of luck to you

Gabriel Archmage
Using feint when the opponent has few pips can be good, because he tends to throw smaller attacks then that get less of a boost. In Mooshu that pretty much applies at the start of battles, but when you get to Celestia and Wintertusk it doesn't anymore, as those higher rank creatures get multiple starting pips. Most often, I throw feint right after I've put up a shield for my opponent's main damage type. He gets 30% more damage, but the shield cuts it way back.