Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

mooshu can be offenseve

AuthorMessage
Defender
Oct 05, 2010
i realized this after the first few storyline quests of mooshu. alot of this stuff can be offenseve to buddisets. i mean, would you like it if your god was interpereted as a cow? i am not a buddiset my self but the whole concept of moodisum could be offenseve. this is a delecate topic but somebody had to touch on it ( we were all thinking it) so can ki plz modify it a little as to not be so offenseve. thank you and plz respond

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If they started changing their game to not offend anybody, there wouldn't be any game left. It isn't going to happen.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Survivor
May 14, 2011
I'm Asian and I have no problem with Mooshu.

Since the area seems to be an amalgamation of oriental religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, etc) I don't see a problem as long as you're not overly sensitive about it.
In fact, I find the area interesting. Especially if you know that Ganesha (War Oni) is depicted as an elephant, and cows are sacred in Hinduism.

Given that the whole wizard/magic thing is offensive to some religions, I don't see how you could make a totally inoffensive game with magic.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2009
Defender
Jun 21, 2009
I like Mooshu too. I don't think it's offensive to Buddhists, because I know several Asians who play and Mooshu is their favorite world BECAUSE of the Moodhism. Where did you get that?

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
I'm American Buddhist, and I adore Mooshu. I think the storyline is quite respectful of the Asian cultural heritage it reflects.

My favorite part of the Mooshu storyline is that wizards are asked to help troubled souls, alleviate their suffering, and purify their sacred waters. It's a beautiful lesson.

qbb

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
KI please dont change it. I love mooshu. If it was changed there would have to be a drastic overhaul to the whole game. Besides that it seems the other posters also disagree with her. Anyway it offends me in no way what so ever.

Survivor
Sep 20, 2009
lacollectr wrote:
I'm Asian and I have no problem with Mooshu.

Since the area seems to be an amalgamation of oriental religions (Buddhism, Hinduism, etc) I don't see a problem as long as you're not overly sensitive about it.
In fact, I find the area interesting. Especially if you know that Ganesha (War Oni) is depicted as an elephant, and cows are sacred in Hinduism.

Given that the whole wizard/magic thing is offensive to some religions, I don't see how you could make a totally inoffensive game with magic.
I am asian to and i am a hindu but i have no problem with it its actually kind of cool.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
Survivor
Aug 01, 2009
This is all a matter of opinion! Famous Quote: "You can't please everybody, it's impossible!" If they changed the game, to something not offensive it will just be a bunch of kiddy games....

Explorer
Jul 15, 2010
ibeamazing101 wrote:
i realized this after the first few storyline quests of mooshu. alot of this stuff can be offenseve to buddisets. i mean, would you like it if your god was interpereted as a cow? i am not a buddiset my self but the whole concept of moodisum could be offenseve. this is a delecate topic but somebody had to touch on it ( we were all thinking it) so can ki plz modify it a little as to not be so offenseve. thank you and plz respond
magic is offensive to some religions so are they not going to have magic in this game anymore? I am sorry but nobody has ever expressed their discontent or anger about mooshu and I doubt a huge or even a reasonably large amount of people will ever do that. They will not change mooshu because a couple people find it somewhat offensive. Mooshu is a lot of people's favorite worlds there is no way they will change it or they will lose a lot of players. And besides copying is the best form of flattering. CharlesDragonBlood Level 60 Pyromancer Dragonspyre Explorer.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2011
all of w101 is a joke. da whole joke for mooshu is buddhism to moohism. i meen come on each world is supposed to be like a place in real life.
marlybone to london and/or just england in general. mooshu to china and/or asia. grizzleheim? i guess scotland or ireland. Wintertusk? heck if i no. You gets it. it all a big ol' joke.

Survivor
Sep 05, 2008
darkboobro wrote:
all of w101 is a joke. da whole joke for mooshu is buddhism to moohism. i meen come on each world is supposed to be like a place in real life.
marlybone to london and/or just england in general. mooshu to china and/or asia. grizzleheim? i guess scotland or ireland. Wintertusk? heck if i no. You gets it. it all a big ol' joke.

Wintertusk is probably North/South Poles or a mixture of both.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2010
darkboobro wrote:

Grizzleheim is about vikings inspired about true events

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
I don't think it's offensive, they never made a reference to anything involved with religon.

Explorer
Apr 09, 2011
ibeamazing101 wrote:
I find it funny all the easter eggs :) plus what about the church at marleybone the cross is a fire hydrant that could be offenseve

Survivor
Jun 22, 2011
Does not seem offensive to me. Besides one person does not nudge KI into changing it.

Defender
Feb 15, 2009
Hey, Big Ben, Barkingham palace, Meowiarty, pryaminds, sphinxes, etc. ... don't put all the blame on Mooshu... Besides, I would be happy to see my ideas put into an incredibly popular game! That just means more people get to see it!

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
ibeamazing101 wrote:

i am offended by the lack of research on your part

Buddism comes from India originally
some eight thousand years ago
where the bovine or cow is held sacred.

so why not give it that position in a world of the spiral.
to create a world where the cow is a deity
is considered honoring their beliefs

Survivor
May 21, 2010
darkboobro wrote:

I am Arabic and I love Krokotopia which is based on Egypt, Mooshu I think is more a mixture of Chinese and Japanese. Grizzleheim is Norway, and Wintertusk is a connection to that. Dragonspyre might be Vesuvius of Pompeii :-D :-D :-D just a wyld guess on DS :-D :-)

Mastermind
Nov 04, 2010
Survivor
Dec 18, 2010
Mooshu is not offenseve to me but if you really wanted to change it you should probaly word it different. I do not want Mooshu to be changed at all it is my favorite world. :D And I have not finshed all the quests.

Also without Mooshu how Malistiare have gotten the key to Dragonspyre???

Only one person had it!!!

Plus I would love to add that it is very beutiful.

If you have such a big problem with it you should talk to the creaters of the game and take it up with them.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2010
wizdude73 wrote:
ibeamazing101 wrote:
I find it funny all the easter eggs :) plus what about the church at marleybone the cross is a fire hydrant that could be offenseve
i see why it would be offensive to some Christians, but i myself am Christian and i find the marleybone thing kinda cute. some people are flattered (like me!), and some find it disturbing. those who find it disturbing just get off the game. no big whoop, right?

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
it's not offensive in the united states, it's probably offensive to india.