Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to fight the Jade Oni

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
The Jade Oni is the last boss in MooShu that you are to fight. Here are some tips.
He has about 5,000 health so you might want to bring 3-4 friends (unless you have a friend who is level 50)
He is life so put in a lot of "Turn Life into Death Prisms" in your Spell Deck
Death Wizards: He uses a lot of death shields so be prepared and have wands that do a death zap.
After you win against him, you are to talk to the emperor to go talk to Cyrus Drake. You will have to fight him alone and he has 5,000 life points (so be prepared myth wizards and storm wizards: he uses a lot of shields on storm and has a big resist on myth)

Well that will be all. If there is any questions about the Jade Oni I will be more than happy to answer to them.

Happy Wizardry,
anthonylover01

Geographer
Jun 09, 2009
anthonylover01 wrote:
The Jade Oni is the last boss in MooShu that you are to fight. Here are some tips.
He has about 5,000 health so you might want to bring 3-4 friends (unless you have a friend who is level 50)
Death Wizards: He uses a lot of death shields so be prepared and have wands that do a death zap.
After you win against him, you are to talk to the emperor to go talk to Cyrus Drake. You will have to fight him alone and he has 5,000 life points (so be prepared myth wizards and storm wizards: he uses a lot of shields on storm and has a big resist on myth)

Well that will be all. If there is any questions about the Jade Oni I will be more than happy to answer to them.

Happy Wizardry,
anthonylover01

Jade Oni has 7,500 health...

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
Angelocean wrote:
anthonylover01 wrote:

Happy Wizardry,
anthonylover01

Jade Oni has 7,500 health...

I forgot

Delver
Jan 29, 2009
anthonylover01 wrote:

Happy Wizardry,
anthonylover01
he has 7500hp 8)

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
I think we made it all clear he has 7,500. I just forgot because I haven't fought him in a while.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
anthonylover01 wrote:

Happy Wizardry,
anthonylover01

Wow, alone with Cyrus? That is gonna hurt LOL

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
anthonylover01 wrote:
I think we made it all clear he has 7,500. I just forgot because I haven't fought him in a while.

7500, 5000 don't matter it is gonna hurt either way :P

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The Jade Oni has 7500 health. Its biggest attacks are Seraph (Life), Cyclops (Myth), Storm Shark (Storm), and Locust Swarm (Balance). It can augment its Life attacks with the blade and trap in that school. A blade and trap enhanced Seraph will do about 650 damage, probably a good bit more to a Death wizard.

Like almost every other boss, it has HeckHound and Weakness. It defends itself with Death Shield and Sprite.

All wizards (especially Death wizards) will do well to go to the Bazaar and buy a few Life Shields and put them in the sideboard. Those bought at the Bazaar block 90% of all Life damage and cost about 45 gold each.

Myth, Storm, Ice, Balance, and Fire wizards should set their attacks up normally.

Life wizards need to have several Prisms and need to deal with the Death Shields that the Oni uses. One way to handle the shields is to buy a cheap Death wand and use it to knock the shields off. Another way is to go to the Bazaar and buy some Dark Sprites (the ones that cost 50 gold and hit 90% of the time) and put them in the sideboard.

Death wizards will also want a way to knock off the Death Shields. They can use their school's wand or Dark Sprite spells.

Defender
Aug 07, 2009
colagada wrote:
The Jade Oni has 7500 health. Its biggest attacks are Seraph (Life), Cyclops (Myth), Storm Shark (Storm), and Locust Swarm (Balance). It can augment its Life attacks with the blade and trap in that school. A blade and trap enhanced Seraph will do about 650 damage, probably a good bit more to a Death wizard.

Like almost every other boss, it has HeckHound and Weakness. It defends itself with Death Shield and Sprite.

All wizards (especially Death wizards) will do well to go to the Bazaar and buy a few Life Shields and put them in the sideboard. Those bought at the Bazaar block 90% of all Life damage and cost about 45 gold each.

Myth, Storm, Ice, Balance, and Fire wizards should set their attacks up normally.

Life wizards need to have several Prisms and need to deal with the Death Shields that the Oni uses. One way to handle the shields is to buy a cheap Death wand and use it to knock the shields off. Another way is to go to the Bazaar and buy some Dark Sprites (the ones that cost 50 gold and hit 90% of the time) and put them in the sideboard.

Death wizards will also want a way to knock off the Death Shields. They can use their school's wand or Dark Sprite spells.
just saying for the shields i have a necklace that has absorb 500 its good too also for over that 500 damage thing get shiled clothing or stuff with the card to protect yourself :)

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
colagada wrote:

\\

If Jade Oni is life then I bet you anything he has life shields and that is gonna hurt!

Adherent
May 20, 2010
noyeh wrote:

If Jade Oni is life then I bet you anything he has life shields and that is gonna hurt!

The Jade Oni has no Life Shield. It has a natural 80% resistance to Life Magic and receives 50% more damage from Death Spells. That's why Life Wizards need to use Prisms and need to have a way (Death wand or some Dark Sprite cards in the sideboard) to knock off the Death Shield the Oni has.

Survivor
Apr 25, 2010
how to defeat cyrus drake: use 2 myth prisims,then use minotaur (at bazaar,750 gold). if he does storm shield, the minotaurs first attack will set it off.

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
anthonylover01 wrote:

Happy Wizardry,
anthonylover01

The jade oni does have 7500 health.

Life and Death wizards should have prisms in their decks.

Every other school should have thieir decks set up normally.

I have a suggestion to make, form a plan on how you will kill the jade oni and organize your deck. Minions can come in handy when fighting the jade oni.

Ethan Silverbane level 50 Balance.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
I just finished fighting the Jade Oni and it keeps taking back to the place he was laying as the king and when I hit the x I have to fight him again. what am I doing wrong I have fought him 3 x's.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
susie123456 wrote:
I just finished fighting the Jade Oni and it keeps taking back to the place he was laying as the king and when I hit the x I have to fight him again. what am I doing wrong I have fought him 3 x's.

I learned a valuable lesson while in Drangon spyre. Boost up before you strike your enemy. I decided to test this theory with Jade Oni. I boosted myself up and kept myself healed. I didn't hire any henchmen like I usually do and I didn't invite any friends in to help me. Infact I turned off my friends teleport to make sure nobody would interrupt me. Just to see if I could do it on my own.

I got hit and I got hit hard, but in the end I took out Jade oni not in 4 or 5 hits, I took him out in "two hits". All I had to do was majorly boost myself up. I used the feint spell and I used the boosts you can get from balance, both were my secondary schools to my fire. Both hits were from my helephant both spells were 725 and higher as it was from my pet and from an amulet I wore. Plus I used the fire ring that encircles the dual circle for an extra 25 points. So with boosts it is very easy to take out Jade Oni on your own if you have a game plan.

Another tip: take out all your weakest spells and only leave the strong ones. Yeah it made my deck smaller but it made it easier to get to the big spells much faster. I had everything I need in each round by getting rid of the weak spells. and only keeping traps,boosters, feints,one fire circle (one is all you need as it lasts the whole fight.), a few healing spells,my helephants and dragons. That is all it took. I was down to 700 hit points for my wizard but I took the Jade oni down with ease thanks to thinking strategically. This use your brain and you can do it.

It also helps to try this once you hit GM. It actually made fighting Jade Oni a bit more of a challenge than having everyone rush in to help you. Not only that but it seemed to go by quicker than havign a bunch of people around to help.

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
repost as I left some things out and had to change a few things:

I learned a valuable lesson while in Dragon spyre. Boost up before you strike your enemy. I decided to test this theory with Jade Oni. I boosted myself up and kept myself healed. I didn't hire any henchmen like I usually do and I didn't invite any friends in to help me. Infact I turned off my friends teleport to make sure nobody would interrupt me. Just to see if I could do it on my own.

I got hit and I got hit hard, but in the end I took out Jade oni not in 4 or 5 hits, I took him out in "two hits". All I had to do was majorly boost myself up. I used the death feint spell and I used the boosts you can get from balance, both were my secondary schools to my fire. Both hits were from my helephant both spells were 725 and higher as it was from my pet and from an amulet I wore. Plus I used the fire ring that encircles the dual circle for an extra 25 percent. So with boosts it is very easy to take out Jade Oni on your own if you have a game plan.

Another tip: take out all your weakest spells and only leave the strong ones. Yeah it made my deck smaller but it made it easier to get to the big spells much faster. I had everything I need in each round by getting rid of the weak spells. and only keeping traps,boosters, feints,one fire circle (one is all you need as it lasts the whole fight.), a few healing spells,my helephants and dragons. That is all it took. I was down to 700 hit points for my wizard but I took the Jade oni down with ease thanks to thinking strategically. This use your brain and you can do it. It also helps to try this once you hit GM. It actually made fighting Jade Oni a bit more of a challenge than having everyone rush in to help you. It made me think, it made me actually use my brain. Not only that but it seemed to go by quicker than having a bunch of people around to help.

Btw I had a very good teacher that instructed me on this. If you are a tank such as storm,fire or Ice always get the secondary schools that give you major boosts. Feint is a death trap that gives you 70% damage to your enemy. Instead of giving say 200 damage or 700 damage you are looking at 2000 to even 6000 damage on your enemy in one hit.

Explorer
Jun 04, 2009
anthonylover01 wrote:

u dont have 2 fight him,u just have 2 locate him did anyone else know that take my advice,dont risk your life trying 2 defeat Jade Oni