Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Finally- progress!

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 09, 2010
I love mooshu. I made level 40 yesterday getting my Master Pyromancer badge. I also got my level 38 spell a few days before that. The quest really was easy!! Also right before I leveled to 40 A friend called for my help in dragonspyre. So I got my "first" invite and glimpse of the world before I have finished Mooshu. Its gonna be hard!!!!

Anyways as a treat for helping him he took me over to the shops in Dragonspyre so I could get my level 45 crown gear. I was happy!!!!! I always have to wait til I get to the world to get my gear and I am usually long into my level before I get the gear for the level. So now I am ready for Malistere and his brother. I hear you have to fight his brother first. and alone at that. Supposedly he is 5000 hit points. Glad I got my armor before I get to him!!!!

Also I got to finish up a quest and finally fought the "war oni" today. A friend helped out. IT was fun and thrilling. Now I am on my next quest. I am going after the next Oni on the list. The plague Oni I believe it is. I look forward to it. I am still worried about the Jade Oni but with friends I am sure I can do it!!!!!

I also finished up finding all my lotus. Jumping from realm to realm really helped me find it. I also wound up with "two black pearls" on my hunt. I hear they are very hard to find. I will hang on to them!! And hope I find more. So far I have equalled one a day. Sooooo if I can find one tomorrow I will be good!!!!

Explorer
Jun 18, 2009
Yeah, it is the plague oni. Heads up, there is a solo quest with a boss in ancient burial grounds. He is death. My level 36 necromancer beat him in one hit without treasure cards just a convert and some feints and curses, so I think you can do it. Good Luck!

Scarlet Willow
Master Sorcerer Lvl 48- Dragonspyre

Victoria Dusk
Magus Necromancer Lvl 36- MooShu

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
Queenlillia56 wrote:
Yeah, it is the plague oni. Heads up, there is a solo quest with a boss in ancient burial grounds. He is death. My level 36 necromancer beat him in one hit without treasure cards just a convert and some feints and curses, so I think you can do it. Good Luck!

Scarlet Willow
Master Sorcerer Lvl 48- Dragonspyre

Victoria Dusk
Magus Necromancer Lvl 36- MooShu

I hear you, I was there the other day helping someone out and fought him. He was very easy, being I am not the same "caste" as him. I think he will be a walk in the ball park to some of the characters I have fought alone. I had to fight several bosses yesterday without help and they were fire.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
Nice progress, espeically for someone who's only been on a month! Keep up the good work and have fun finishing up Mooshu. For many of us it's our favorite world. Have a good time!

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
Nice progress, espeically for someone who's only been on a month! Keep up the good work and have fun finishing up Mooshu. For many of us it's our favorite world. Have a good time!

The trick is a lot of soloing. That and not having more than one character at a time. I don't plan on working on another wizard till this one makes GM and I beat Malistare, since this is my first wizard. Gonna keep my crown gear so my other characters can use it as well!! When I create them. So that helps with the leveling faster. Especially the soloing. Unfortunately now there will be only side soloing. The Bosses are getting too hard to do alone now.

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I don't plan on working on another wizard till this one makes GM and I beat Malistare, since this is my first wizard. Gonna keep my crown gear so my other characters can use it as well!! When I create them. So that helps with the leveling faster.

I have 6 wizards and work on them all. I's nice to alternate between different worlds and schools. Also, you learn different ideas as you play different wizards/spells. You might want to give it a try!

Also, be sure to keep any "no auction" clothing you may come across. That is generally the best stuff so good to keep for any later wizards.

Also, it may just be my opinion but there really isn't any need to spend crowns on clothing. The best stuff for each of the schools is obtained from drops or purchased in the bazaar. School targetted clothing provides what each school needs (e.g., accuracy for storm). The crown gear is sort of "generic" and therefore not as specialized. Crown gear may be great at getting low level wizards started but for higher level wizards, you'll probably find more use from the dropped stuff.

Anyway, have fun!

Delver
Jun 09, 2010
addisoncrawford wrote:
I don't plan on working on another wizard till this one makes GM and I beat Malistare, since this is my first wizard. Gonna keep my crown gear so my other characters can use it as well!! When I create them. So that helps with the leveling faster.

I have 6 wizards and work on them all. I's nice to alternate between different worlds and schools. Also, you learn different ideas as you play different wizards/spells. You might want to give it a try!

Also, be sure to keep any "no auction" clothing you may come across. That is generally the best stuff so good to keep for any later wizards.

Also, it may just be my opinion but there really isn't any need to spend crowns on clothing. The best stuff for each of the schools is obtained from drops or purchased in the bazaar. School targetted clothing provides what each school needs (e.g., accuracy for storm). The crown gear is sort of "generic" and therefore not as specialized. Crown gear may be great at getting low level wizards started but for higher level wizards, you'll probably find more use from the dropped stuff.

Anyway, have fun!

I have looked at the clothing that is dropped, nothing compares to my crown clothing.

Survivor
Jun 20, 2010