Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's the big deal?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 17, 2012
As someone who has not been here for a while, what is the big deal about this thing you guys call "Monstrology"? Why is this cool? Why would I take part in this? How does the Monstrodome play into all of this?

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Well being able to make minion TCs is probably the most useful part. I can see this being good for lower levels. Other than that it is just another distraction to keep people in game. The monstrodome can be used to make like your own personal dungeon, however it only seems to drop gold, and all creature cheats are removed, so sounds kind of boring to me.

Defender
May 27, 2013
It does seem like the monstrodome could be tweaked to drop other rewards as well.

I personally like the house guest feature. I'm not into collecting them, but certain ones can make a house more interesting.

I am hoping that they expand what kinds of monsters will be included.

Survivor
Feb 05, 2010
I remember years a go running through a dungeon that I liked in Krokotopia and someone said to me, what are you doing here? There is nothing here for you. I told him I liked the area and wanted to see it again. Well, Monstrology gives you a chance to go back and battle and see things with your character that you have not done for some time.

I personally like creating house guests. It takes time to do it and not everyone is willing to work for them so it makes for a more unique house to share with others. It keeps the game interesting. Like a friend said, it gives me a goal and something to get me moving again in the game.

Explorer
Jun 17, 2011
Fandango739 on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
It does seem like the monstrodome could be tweaked to drop other rewards as well.

I personally like the house guest feature. I'm not into collecting them, but certain ones can make a house more interesting.

I am hoping that they expand what kinds of monsters will be included.
I agree with you because you can match housing guests with the theme of your house.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Being able to summon minions is a BIG help when trying to solo boss battles.

I've been collecting animus for just that reason.

Survivor
Nov 06, 2014
My reasons for liking Monstrology:
  1. You get to read the (mostly) funny descriptions
  2. You can create monsters in your house
  3. You can create summon/expel treasure cards for battle
My opinion, nobody argue
Rylee GoldLeaf

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
Rylee GoldLeaf on Sep 9, 2017 wrote:
My reasons for liking Monstrology:
  1. You get to read the (mostly) funny descriptions
  2. You can create monsters in your house
  3. You can create summon/expel treasure cards for battle
My opinion, nobody argue
Rylee GoldLeaf
You forgot it's the W101 version of Pokemon. Gotta catch 'em all

Steven Ghoststalker

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I still do not understand how to use it.
I have one card I can use for undead enemies in Wiz City.

Other than that...it always says I used it on the wrong thing.

Defender
Jun 08, 2011
Sparkletude,
Each extract spell is specific to a certain kind of creature and will not work on anything else. Thus, you have the Extract Undead spell card, which works on undead and only on undead. You can find the second extract spell on Colossus Blvd., which is specific to extracting from Gobblers, but all the others are in different worlds.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2017
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
Oh this is an old topic I already replied in. Heh

I now understand that you have to purchase each Monstrology spell for gold. There are vendors for this at different parts of the game.

I just purchased a goblin one for 10,000 gold. I saw a Parrot spell vendor for I don't remember how much gold, at Polaris.

Monstrology dome is a practice arena but you have to buy the spells first, then use that spell card to trap monsters in that category. Then you can do PVE with those monsters in your Monstrology dome (or probably someone else's if you are invited.)

Survivor
Mar 13, 2009
Lets not forget the best part here, Malistaire The Undying is an undead boss that is available to extract animus from, so you can literally have Malistaire as a house guest! I'm currently farming Xibalba for his animus.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2014
Luke Deathweaver on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
Lets not forget the best part here, Malistaire The Undying is an undead boss that is available to extract animus from, so you can literally have Malistaire as a house guest! I'm currently farming Xibalba for his animus.
Woah, seriously? Does that also mean you can summon him in battle? Sorry, I'm still new to this monstrology thing.

22 Esmee

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
choudhurys on Nov 24, 2017 wrote:
Woah, seriously? Does that also mean you can summon him in battle? Sorry, I'm still new to this monstrology thing.

22 Esmee
I haven't faced the undead version of Malistaire yet but yes with enough collected animus you should be able to summon him to battle with you.

Steven Ghoststalker

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
Luke Deathweaver on Nov 23, 2017 wrote:
Hang on, you can do that? I thought you had to go to Darkmoor if you wanted his animus!