Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Well that's disheartening.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
Much to my dismay, I have discovered that the extract undead spell does not work on the Loremaster. I suppose this makes some degree of sense from a gameplay perspective, as the loremaster has 7000 health and knows basically every rare spell, in addition to having mastery of all schools. However, from a lore (haha) perspective, it makes absolutely no sense, as she's a ghost who's been dead for.... what? 20, 30 years?

Whatever. She's undead.

She's transparent and glows the same shade of blue as the spectral guardians at Mirror Lake. Each of those guardians is undead.

Truly, this is a shame, as the Loremaster would make a stellar addition to my library at home.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
supersaiyanunlimit... on Dec 8, 2017 wrote:
Much to my dismay, I have discovered that the extract undead spell does not work on the Loremaster. I suppose this makes some degree of sense from a gameplay perspective, as the loremaster has 7000 health and knows basically every rare spell, in addition to having mastery of all schools. However, from a lore (haha) perspective, it makes absolutely no sense, as she's a ghost who's been dead for.... what? 20, 30 years?

Whatever. She's undead.

She's transparent and glows the same shade of blue as the spectral guardians at Mirror Lake. Each of those guardians is undead.

Truly, this is a shame, as the Loremaster would make a stellar addition to my library at home.
Alas, you are not the only one to lament this gross oversight.

I made my questing party wait until I had a extract undead enhanced card ready to play. And then I don't collect anything.

Steven Ghoststalker

Survivor
Jul 27, 2012
Totally agree. Skeletons, corpses, and ghosts of any kind should apply to the extract undead animus card.

Astrologist
Aug 23, 2016
icemaster95z on Dec 31, 2017 wrote:
Totally agree. Skeletons, corpses, and ghosts of any kind should apply to the extract undead animus card.
Perhaps KI is concerned over the fact that the LoreMaster is 7000 health and knows every rare spell.

So make it double the rates for a normal boss, (ie 40 animus to craft the summon card) and you cannot craft the dispel from battle at all.

Steven Ghoststalker

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Yeah I understand... I wonder as I have not conducted this experiment myself. Does it just not award animus or are you just unable to craft the TC. (Also bosses never have the dispel option).

Again, I understand the no summon thing-but is there a housing guest option? I feel there should be a house guest option.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2012
Area51Alien on Jan 3, 2018 wrote:
Perhaps KI is concerned over the fact that the LoreMaster is 7000 health and knows every rare spell.

So make it double the rates for a normal boss, (ie 40 animus to craft the summon card) and you cannot craft the dispel from battle at all.

Steven Ghoststalker
The latter would be the only reason for that argument as there are bosses with almost 20,000 health that animus can be extracted from.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
exp613 on Mar 7, 2018 wrote:
Yeah I understand... I wonder as I have not conducted this experiment myself. Does it just not award animus or are you just unable to craft the TC. (Also bosses never have the dispel option).

Again, I understand the no summon thing-but is there a housing guest option? I feel there should be a house guest option.
You can't even get animus.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Area51Alien on Jan 3, 2018 wrote:

Steven Ghoststalker
That's what they do for Malistaire the Undying. He costs more to craft as a summon or housing guest and you can not craft the expel. I have him in a monstrodome and another strolling about my house

There is no reason for Loremaster not to be collectable unless they intend for her to be in a different category that's yet to be added eg Human/Wizard type category.