Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My Issue with Dragonspyre Mobs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 24, 2012
Most of them are undead, right? I know all the spiders are living, and some of the "monster" type creatures, but almost every human in Dragonspyre should technically be undead. They're all ghosts, so why AREN'T they considered undead?

I've still collected a good amount of souls in Dragonspyre, admittedly. But I had one particular mob I was trying to capture this time around; the Kyanite Crystalmancers in Crystal Grove. Like every other human in Dragonspyre, they're ghosts. So why can't I get any animus from them?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SkyPony2017 on Nov 24, 2018 wrote:
Most of them are undead, right? I know all the spiders are living, and some of the "monster" type creatures, but almost every human in Dragonspyre should technically be undead. They're all ghosts, so why AREN'T they considered undead?

I've still collected a good amount of souls in Dragonspyre, admittedly. But I had one particular mob I was trying to capture this time around; the Kyanite Crystalmancers in Crystal Grove. Like every other human in Dragonspyre, they're ghosts. So why can't I get any animus from them?
I'm just guessing here, but I expect it is because they'll be added to monstrology under a different category in future. I'd also like everything to be collectable already, but it looks like we're just going to have to be patient and come back for those creatures once a new extract animus spell is introduced.

I'm loving monstrology as well...I hope there are some more extracts added soon!

Survivor
May 24, 2012
Victoria FireHeart on Nov 25, 2018 wrote:
I'm just guessing here, but I expect it is because they'll be added to monstrology under a different category in future. I'd also like everything to be collectable already, but it looks like we're just going to have to be patient and come back for those creatures once a new extract animus spell is introduced.

I'm loving monstrology as well...I hope there are some more extracts added soon!
I think there's already been some new extract spells added since Monstrology was introduced. It's exciting for me as well!

And you do make a bit of a point, but it comes back to the same issue. If they add an extraction spell for Ghosts (probably in MooShu from my experience so far. x3), well, ghost = undead. So why weren't they capturable in the first place?

It's just a bit silly to me.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
SkyPony2017 on Dec 1, 2018 wrote:
I think there's already been some new extract spells added since Monstrology was introduced. It's exciting for me as well!

And you do make a bit of a point, but it comes back to the same issue. If they add an extraction spell for Ghosts (probably in MooShu from my experience so far. x3), well, ghost = undead. So why weren't they capturable in the first place?

It's just a bit silly to me.
Yes and yes - they've added more monstrology extracts and a ghost is undead! I totally see your points and it makes it confusing that an undead wizard is maybe classed as 'wizard' instead of 'undead'! It must be difficult for the KI team to decide what title to use that covers everything the extract works on, while excluding anything that crosses over into that category. Checking the wiki can help us find out who is/isn't extractable and which extract to use on them. It also helps us avoid big battles only to find we have the wrong extract or the monster can't be caught yet...I've messed up in this way multiple times lol

The extracts at the moment are (and cost 100,000 gold unless stipulated):

Undead - Ravenwood - freeeeee!
Gobbler - Colossus Boulevard. 10,000 gold
Elephant - Boabab Crossroads.
Imp - Northguard.
Mander - Oasis.
Parrot - Zocalo.
Pig - Pigswick Academy.
Polar Bear - Walruskberg.
Treant - Northguard.
Wyrm - Caliburn.

We can port to buy them too, they're not level locked or hidden away somewhere we can't get them

The only one lower levels can't access through teleport tapestries is Walruskberg, we'd need a friend to help port us in. The Baobab Crossroads - go through a Drum Jungle tapestry then click commons. The others are direct via tapestry