Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Montrology questions, Draconians?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2009
Hi,

I am a returning player to the game and had some question about monstrology for Draconians. I would like to use monstrology on draconian to make them my house guest. But it looks like there isn't any Draconian type of montrology spell? Are there any ways to get Draconian as a house guest?

Also I notice that my monstrology level (only 3) is too low to capture many creature's animus? Does my monstrology rank need to be the same rank as that creature to capture its animus?

What's a quick way to get to higher montrology levels? Are there any guides to raise your level quickly to 10?

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Darkbyte on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
Hi,

I am a returning player to the game and had some question about monstrology for Draconians. I would like to use monstrology on draconian to make them my house guest. But it looks like there isn't any Draconian type of montrology spell? Are there any ways to get Draconian as a house guest?

Also I notice that my monstrology level (only 3) is too low to capture many creature's animus? Does my monstrology rank need to be the same rank as that creature to capture its animus?

What's a quick way to get to higher montrology levels? Are there any guides to raise your level quickly to 10?
The only way you can get a Draconian as a house guest is to find a Draconian that also counts as an undead enemy. That way you can use the "extract undead" card to create a Draconian house guest.

The best way to quickly increase your monstrology level is to just fight any undead you can find in and of the worlds. Though I do recommend going through the "sunken city" and "vault of ice" dungeons. Those places are filled to the brim with undead that you can harvest for exp.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Darkbyte on Jul 17, 2018 wrote:
Hi,

Extract Draconian hasn't yet been added...hopefully it will be soon though!

Some of them are also 'undead' and can be extracted with the undead extract enchant. Some of the Wyrms look similar to draconians and might make some nice house guests you like while we wait for more extracts to be added.

To extract the animus of an enemy your monstrology level needs to be the same rank as they are (or above). If you're higher rank you get an extra one but if you're the same, getting the extra one is not guaranteed.

To rank up we need to extract from level appropriate creatures to get XP. A fast way to do this is using a triple animus elixir from the crown shop and/or doing tons when the double animus member benefit is active. There are some places where you're guaranteed more enemies even if you're solo (eg there are 3 Fire Spitter Spawn in the Poisoned Well even if you go in solo), so a multi hit there gives a lot of animus. I collected a bunch of those cute little dragons during double animus with a triple animus potion...18 per fire spitter spawn, so 54 per multi-hit!

Sorry I don't have better or more specific info but I hope this at least gives some ideas/info that helps a bit!