Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology revision

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2017
  • you guys ever play plant vs zombie,?after facing a new enemy its information is then stored into a zombie book where you see their strength, weakness and a little fun fact. wizard101 does the same thing, however they approach it a little differently, you have to use an animus card combine it with a spell and kill the enemy in order to get a animus from them. This mechanic has the right idea but there are several problems i see right now. First, the price to buy the spells is way too high for players to want to get into monstrology, now I'm not talking about the hardcore/veteran players I'm talking about casual players by the time they have enough gold to buy the Animus card they are onto the next world and can't be bothered going back. What I suggest is that you get the info of the enemy after facing them and if the player chooses to can collect the Animus for their monstrodome. Second problem is that the vendors are scattered throughout the spiral and is somewhat hard to find and is easily undermine. For this this all the cards can be sold by one Burke in ravenwood instead of having her all over the place. The last problem which is the main problem for me is that it takes place of a strength enchantment that I could've been using in place of the Animus, now I know most of can agree once you use strength enchantment like gargantuan there is no going back to using normal card with no enchantment. For this I suggest that we make the animus card into a blade or trap so that we can still use card enchantment at the same time still able to collect.