Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrology Experience

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I've noticed another thing...the amount of experience you get from repeat battles goes down...When I was fighting the Ghultures, I started out with 56 exp per battle, now it is 28.

I've been farming Mother Ghulture (and friends) because I think she will make a lovely House Guest, and I was getting 96 exp per battle, now down to 71.

So in addition to them cutting off experience gaining if you fight battles with lower level creatures, they also seem to be setting it up to strongly encourage you to move around a lot to earn max exp from each battle.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
markopolo100 on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
I've noticed another thing...the amount of experience you get from repeat battles goes down...When I was fighting the Ghultures, I started out with 56 exp per battle, now it is 28.

I've been farming Mother Ghulture (and friends) because I think she will make a lovely House Guest, and I was getting 96 exp per battle, now down to 71.

So in addition to them cutting off experience gaining if you fight battles with lower level creatures, they also seem to be setting it up to strongly encourage you to move around a lot to earn max exp from each battle.
I have been paying closer attention and the amount of experience is variable. In my last four battles against Mother Ghulture and brood I have gained 78, 92, 92, and 85 exp.

I'm watching for factors (number of rounds, etc.) but haven't been able to identify anything for sure that affects the amount of exp.

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Are you sure you are getting less experience...and not less animus? I haven't experienced a drop in experience when hunting the same creature, except when my monstrology level changes. The fact that you went from 56 to 28 makes it more likely you got 2 animus one time and 1 on the others. I could be wrong of course, but I have only seen my monstrology exp drop when my monstrology level goes up.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I have noticed you will get more XP if the killing shot is with an extract spell, were you perhaps extracting then killing these with a non-extract enchant spell, even a wand would do it.

Delver
Jan 30, 2015
I will check out both of these ideas. The first one about the amount of experience being related to the amount of animus makes sense...I will watch carefully.

Thanks for the responses!

Defender
Dec 06, 2009
Jasmine3429 on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
I have noticed you will get more XP if the killing shot is with an extract spell, were you perhaps extracting then killing these with a non-extract enchant spell, even a wand would do it.
You can collect animus twice from each creature, on an initial hit and on a kill. So that is likely what you are seeing.

It is definitely advisable if you are trying to raise monstrology to hit once for initial animus and then make sure your final blow is also with the extract spell.