Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Monstrodome.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
This is just a suggestion but....

Will you guys allow Monstrodome editing?

Like allowing us not only to put the monsters in their. but let us edit the spells, stats, and give them cheats?

Just Curious.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Welcome, Novairan!

Unfortunately, Monstrodome Editing is not likely to ever happen. Some bosses cheats would overlap and create an infinite cycle. Plus it would be unfair.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2011
Novairan. i don't see how it wouldn't be fair considering how unfair this game can be at times.

plus who said they had to fight them? monstrodome is for people who wanna fight monsters that have put into a decent team.

allowing there cheats would put an interesting dynamic on it. as well as editing there stats. but not their spells.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
Novairan on May 5, 2019 wrote:
Novairan. i don't see how it wouldn't be fair considering how unfair this game can be at times.

plus who said they had to fight them? monstrodome is for people who wanna fight monsters that have put into a decent team.

allowing there cheats would put an interesting dynamic on it. as well as editing there stats. but not their spells.
I still doubt that will happen, sorry.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
That sounds pretty complicated and probably not worth the resource investment.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I think it would be cool to be able to toggle the cheats on/off. The cheats can be the reason a monster is especially fun to battle and also why it was a challenge to collect him.

Of course, with cheats it would mean a possibility of endless cycles but that happens in the game too. When I was doing a run of Aphrodite for Sacred Charge one of my team mates use beguile then the cheats between the beguiled tendril and another became an infinte cycle of cheats...we had to abandon the battle via Esc, quit. It was so funny we didn't mind but if it can happen in the main game there is no reason to worry too much about being 100% sure it can't happen in a monstrodome. The owner just needs to consider the cheats and decide how they'd like their combo of monsters to function...it could be quite fun to experiment with this

I'd really like to see the option to enable cheats in monstrodomes

Administrator
Usually 'cheats' means a big imbalance in the game... has this been possible elsewhere in what you are talking about here?

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Sparck on Jun 26, 2019 wrote:
Usually 'cheats' means a big imbalance in the game... has this been possible elsewhere in what you are talking about here?
The monstrodomes are so cool! They're crafted (or bought) housing items that take you into a mini instance that YOU get to create using monster summon cards (created by collecting animus through monstrology). We can put up to 4 creatures we've collected into it and then battle them!

It's really fun because we can make any mix of creatures we want - they don't even need to be from the same world, much less from the same in-game battles. The creative possibilities are endless

What people are talking about in this thread is that when we collect a monster's animus and make it into a summon card they don't have their cheats. The summon cards can be used in pve and also in monstrodomes. Obviously, as a minion in pve, if they had their cheats it would be chaos and balance would definitely be affected...however, within a monstrodome there is no issue of balance since there are basically no drops and it's all just for fun

The risk is that putting together multiple monsters with cheats that are not usually together in the pve battles could cause an infinite cycle, where triggering one cheat results in the cheat triggering another monster's cheat, so they just go back and forth. However, this can happen in-game, it happened to us in Aphrodite

If we could toggle the cheats on/off then we'd still have the ability to use any monster combo but also have the ability to enable a monster's cheats if we'd like them. It would be down to the owner to test if the dome they have created works properly, much like it's the owner's job to make sure a teleport they place doesn't cause a wizard to become trapped. If in doubt they can have all cheats disabled.

If the KI team were able to add this option it would be absolutely amazing!