Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Monstrology Summon Spells Trainable

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 02, 2017
I have full confidence that KingsIsle was planning to what i say below this sentence anyway, but even if they hadn't; I renounce any credit or intellectual property I posses in this comment... I just really, really want KI to listen...

The Myth school's original quality and strength was its minions, aside from it's shieldbreaking (which isn't useful against enemies who don't bother shielding anyway). Over time however, more emphasis has been placed on the school's damage output than on what they can summon, especially since the minions given don't scale with the character; you summon it, then it dies from some AOE without being given time to do anything. Monstrology removes the majority of the problem by introducing beefier, more predictable minions.

Monstrology however, has a few different problems... the main one being that these minions are temporary. While farming for tenporary tcs might not be a problem for a storm wizard, Myth's primary AOE before shadow spells (humungo frog), requires the sun spells for damage to be effective, which don't work in conjunction with animus collection cards, making farming animus incredibly tedious for a myth wizard.

Instead of having to completely rework minions and how enchanting spell cards work, here is what I suggest; make it possible to craft permanent/trained monstrology spells. These spells would be different from regular mostrology summon spells, because the pip cost depends on the scaling of the monster to its boss level. On lower levels, monsters don't have that much of a health and attack difference, so they could remain 2 pips, but as they get higher, boss health increases exponentially in comparison to the minions, so depending on the boss, pip cost could be between 3-10 pips.Trainability could also be restricted to wizard level, but if any other school can also train for the cards; a myth mastery amulet can be more appealing to them.

As for the cost, I would imagine the animus be 200 for a regular henchman, while bosses would be 400-600, and as for currency... either 10,000 gold & double for bosses, or actual crowns (if i need to, i would be willing to pay crowns for a much needed minion improvement). And as always, these minions would be non-pvp, unless everyone wants them to be...

Feedback on the concept is greatly appreciated! :D

Explorer
Aug 19, 2012
If these ever were trainable Id expect them to be in the form of animus
For normal enemies you would be 10,000 gold and 100 animus
For bosses you'd need 25,000 and 250 animus....

Patrick, 130

Also humongofrog is not a shadow spell, you might be thinking of the big bug aoe for Myth from Darkmoor though

Survivor
Jun 02, 2017
pattar889 on Sep 11, 2019 wrote:
If these ever were trainable Id expect them to be in the form of animus
For normal enemies you would be 10,000 gold and 100 animus
For bosses you'd need 25,000 and 250 animus....

Patrick, 130

Also humongofrog is not a shadow spell, you might be thinking of the big bug aoe for Myth from Darkmoor though
I meant that myth is forced to resort to spamming humungofrog to get rid of enemies before they get mystic collosus. But yeah, that's an ideal price range....

Explorer
Aug 19, 2012
ADHDeath on Sep 11, 2019 wrote:
I meant that myth is forced to resort to spamming humungofrog to get rid of enemies before they get mystic collosus. But yeah, that's an ideal price range....
Yeah... I kinda wish the Imp animus never costed so much though. It's the same like the others, but it only has like 5 animus you can get with it