Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Limitations on monstrology?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 22, 2010
1
why is it that we are so limited on who we can get animus from? It seems like, for example, I can't get animus from gobblers which this system being limited is kind of disheartening. Instead, this system should only have one spell that works for all mobs no matter who it is, well besides mobs you can only fight once. Another example is fire elves and cyclops which this only includes the beginning of the game. If I am wrong someone let me know.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2162
kackeeek123 on Apr 16, 2017 wrote:
why is it that we are so limited on who we can get animus from? It seems like, for example, I can't get animus from gobblers which this system being limited is kind of disheartening. Instead, this system should only have one spell that works for all mobs no matter who it is, well besides mobs you can only fight once. Another example is fire elves and cyclops which this only includes the beginning of the game. If I am wrong someone let me know.
The first of the Animus collection is directed to "UNDEAD". Gobblers, Elves, Fairies and others are not considered as dead.

Creatures such as Lost Souls, Rattlebones, Skeletal Pirates, and Lady Black Hope in Unicorn Way count toward Animus.

Then Triton Avenue has Haunted Minion, Rotting Fodder, Scarlet Screamer, along Skull Splitter with a minion known as Scarlet Screecher, Harvest Lord with Rotted Fodder.

Haunted Cave has Field Guards, Rotting Fodder, and Lord Night Shade with a Field Guard.

Foul Gaze in Olde Town. Firecat Alley has 3 bosses that all count as toward Animus. One of those has an Elf as a minion.

Sunken City has 3 mobs and 3 bosses all of which count.

Delver
Oct 27, 2009
273
I understand that there are a couple of other animus spells you can get, for Parrots in Azteca, and something else in Avalon. At first I thought it was like fishing, and that I needed to level a bit more in order to get another spell. There seems to be a huge gap right now, in what we can collect. There I was, a life wizard stuck collecting all these undead things. If I liked them, I would have been a death wiz. The only one of them I might be interested in putting in my house, maybe a GH ghost bear or a krok. I suppose they will add more things we can collect later.

Hero
Mar 16, 2012
771
DragonLady1818 on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
The first of the Animus collection is directed to "UNDEAD". Gobblers, Elves, Fairies and others are not considered as dead.

Creatures such as Lost Souls, Rattlebones, Skeletal Pirates, and Lady Black Hope in Unicorn Way count toward Animus.

Then Triton Avenue has Haunted Minion, Rotting Fodder, Scarlet Screamer, along Skull Splitter with a minion known as Scarlet Screecher, Harvest Lord with Rotted Fodder.

Haunted Cave has Field Guards, Rotting Fodder, and Lord Night Shade with a Field Guard.

Foul Gaze in Olde Town. Firecat Alley has 3 bosses that all count as toward Animus. One of those has an Elf as a minion.

Sunken City has 3 mobs and 3 bosses all of which count.
Don't forget Firecat Alley: The Banshees Bastilla & Melweena along with Wormguts also count as undead.
To the opening poster, I would suggest that if you want these creatures to be part of Montrology, you could make a suggestion to KI that they add a spell to collect their animus.
It's still early days for this new addition, the Spiral wasn't built in a day, you know.

Explorer
Sep 04, 2010
65
Wizard City - Undead
Azteca - Parrot
Avalon - Wyrm
Polaris - Polar Bear

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
2162
anecorbie on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
Don't forget Firecat Alley: The Banshees Bastilla & Melweena along with Wormguts also count as undead.
To the opening poster, I would suggest that if you want these creatures to be part of Montrology, you could make a suggestion to KI that they add a spell to collect their animus.
It's still early days for this new addition, the Spiral wasn't built in a day, you know.
LOL anecorbie, I did mention Firecat Alley, just not the bosses. But thank you.

Survivor
May 10, 2014
12
blaze firesword on Apr 21, 2017 wrote:
Wizard City - Undead
Azteca - Parrot
Avalon - Wyrm
Polaris - Polar Bear
Not true, undead isn't just restricted to wizard city, as there's undead all over the spiral you can collect, for example, there's a krokomummy in Krokotopia you can collect for animus.

Survivor
May 28, 2014
47
Every world that I know of, except Wisteria, has something to get animus from. Since ghosts count as undead, just about everything in Dragons pyre works.

Survivor
May 27, 2013
44
Maybe it's bad of me, but I have always wanted Manders as guests. Now that we have freed them, they should be able to relocate! Right?

I think elementals would make good (and logical) additions to monstrology.
There any number of additions that would be good, but additions do need to be made. It is a bit odd for many non-death students to have undead wandering around their homes.

Thanks!

Survivor
May 29, 2010
15
While I believe that being able to use every single monster in the game in a fight may seem broken, it's really not. Say you wanted to use Malistaire in a fight, your either around his level which would make fighting him and his long dungeon not worth it to win one fight, or if you were strong enough to complete his dungeon and beat him with ease then what your fighting would be strong enough to make him not over powered if worth it at all so it is more balanced than it looks. One way it could be made so it can't become a problem at all is make the amount of animus required to get a tc very, it wouldn't even be confusing because all you have to get if one animus and you can see how much is required for a tc (if this isn't a thing already I don't really do much monstrology as I wouldn't use the tcs and I don't there aren't really any monsters that you can have a house guest that I would want). I really hope that something like a universal extract animus spell is added because it is kind of disappointing seeing a monster you really want to use in battle or have as a house guest but knowing that you can't get that one and it is unlikely that it will ever be available because you can't have an extract animus for every type of monster for many reasons.