Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Guests / Space Available

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 29, 2011
I just noticed a huge problem straight out, making Animus into house guests to roam around your home. It takes time and money to make house guests, collecting Animus. There are well over 200 undead creatures. Obviously, at some point, if Wizard 101 increases the type of creature you collect, this number will vastly multiply. The problem is this...

Each housing guest you create takes one spot in your backpack, or wherever you store it. The undead alone will take every spot in the backpack, and just about every other available storage spot... attic, bank, space on your property, whatever... This doesn't even take into consideration the other types of Animus you can already collect on different locales, as well as the possibility they may expand beyond just undead at some point.

The only possible way to prevent overflow, that I can think of is an Animus House Guest Vault, that has no upper cap limit to storage space in it. Because, people are going to want to make house guests out of every creature they can, and they're going to want to trade them out, now and then, to make room in their homes for even better ones later on, or switch back and forth between themes... All ghosts one month, all skeletons the next, etc. And it's almost a sure thing, after all the hard work and money it took to create the house guests, and the fact that they were created specifically to show off, people are not going to want to get rid of them.

We will, without question, need a Vault to store the house guests in. And it cannot possibly have a limit cap on it, like the seed vault, and such. Wizard 101 has opened the door for people to have these creatures showing around their homes, and I cannot see them being happy in any way, shape, or form being unable to collect every single creature they are able to get their hands on. Just look at the popularity, and slogan, of a certain monster collecting game, that I am uncertain if I can mention by name here, and you will see what I mean.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
I doubt this is going to be an issue for many, if you really must hoard buy more houses like everyone else. I would much rather see them increase pet space then housing guests, I am sure this would be more beneficial to a larger base of players.

Why you expect the sky to be the limit on this one item is really mind boggling, what, exactly makes it any different than any other housing item people like to buy, craft, hoard and/or store??

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
LlorDrei on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
I just noticed a huge problem straight out, making Animus into house guests to roam around your home. It takes time and money to make house guests, collecting Animus. There are well over 200 undead creatures. Obviously, at some point, if Wizard 101 increases the type of creature you collect, this number will vastly multiply. The problem is this...

Each housing guest you create takes one spot in your backpack, or wherever you store it. The undead alone will take every spot in the backpack, and just about every other available storage spot... attic, bank, space on your property, whatever... This doesn't even take into consideration the other types of Animus you can already collect on different locales, as well as the possibility they may expand beyond just undead at some point.

The only possible way to prevent overflow, that I can think of is an Animus House Guest Vault, that has no upper cap limit to storage space in it. Because, people are going to want to make house guests out of every creature they can, and they're going to want to trade them out, now and then, to make room in their homes for even better ones later on, or switch back and forth between themes... All ghosts one month, all skeletons the next, etc. And it's almost a sure thing, after all the hard work and money it took to create the house guests, and the fact that they were created specifically to show off, people are not going to want to get rid of them.

We will, without question, need a Vault to store the house guests in. And it cannot possibly have a limit cap on it, like the seed vault, and such. Wizard 101 has opened the door for people to have these creatures showing around their homes, and I cannot see them being happy in any way, shape, or form being unable to collect every single creature they are able to get their hands on. Just look at the popularity, and slogan, of a certain monster collecting game, that I am uncertain if I can mention by name here, and you will see what I mean.
Do you have to make every Undead into a house guest, can't you be more selective?

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I get what you are saying and agree;

Simply Said; how 'bout a vault for guests?

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
I agree with Jasmine's suggestion though; I have 'junk yard' gold houses for storage only.
her suggestion makes more sense.

Survivor
Nov 29, 2011
I don't mean just undead... I'm simply using that as an example, since the starting Animus collector everyone gets is undead, so it's the most convenient example. At some point they're likely to increase the range.

But the thing is, there are well over two hundred undead... then there's all the parrot monsters, wyrm monsters, polar monsters, and whatnot you can also extract from, raising that number by a few factors... plus the possibility they'll allow the collecting of any and all monsters Animus at some point if this becomes popular enough in the game... Do you realize how many houses you have to buy to store them all, with a new castle potion, or lot storage expansion potion to make it possible?

Plus, you have to battle creatures over and over again, just to get enough animus to make one house guest. And a lot of those monsters are bosses, of which there are almost three hundred,alone... Though obviously, the number is less with the undead limitation... at current. In the first world alone, you can battle several undead bosses in their towers over and over again to make them house guests.

People are going to put in hundreds of hours, and thousands of gold, just to be able to catch the lot of creatures, simply because of the house guest option. I simply cannot see them being happy once they reach a storage limit and realize they now need to throw away the creatures they spent all that time and effort battling, over and over again, just because they don't have the space for them.

I feel that a Guest House Vault for house guests, without a cap limit, would be the only possible way to be able to do this.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Best option is to make house guests not count as pets in a house. Make a new section for the guests like they did for castle blocks.