Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Too weak for Mirage?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 22, 2015
Hey guys, so i'm a level 112 Storm wizard and I've recently been called weak. My stats are as follows:
108 strength
50-ish resistance
28 accuracy
450-ish critical
180-ish block
and 95-ish power point percentage.

I'm aware that i need to get my critical rating up, but I already have most of the malistaire gear... I've also had horrible luck with pets, but i wouldn't want a critical pet regardless.

Your opinion?

Explorer
Oct 04, 2012
Bro your fine I believe. My ice is level 123 and your stats is better than my ice in like everything besides health and the block. Also mirage quests provide a lot of exp if I remember correctly. Keep progressing and you’ll be able to get your level 118 spell which is awesome!

Happy questing!

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Ravenshield1 on Jul 5, 2018 wrote:
Hey guys, so i'm a level 112 Storm wizard and I've recently been called weak. My stats are as follows:
108 strength
50-ish resistance
28 accuracy
450-ish critical
180-ish block
and 95-ish power point percentage.

I'm aware that i need to get my critical rating up, but I already have most of the malistaire gear... I've also had horrible luck with pets, but i wouldn't want a critical pet regardless.

Your opinion?
Honestly, no matter what your stats there are some people who will call you weak just to be unkind. Nice wizards and good team mates won't say it even if you are...although nice wizards may make suggestions to help you, they won't be mean about it. It's easy to spot the difference - one type criticises and makes you feel bad; the other type suggest gear that will improve your stats and offer to help you get it!

I'm not sure what gear set is best for your level (I have a storm in a similar situation as you right now) because you're in the awkward between gear stage fighting with decay every level up! I've decided on mine to pretty much just quest on and work out gear when she hits max...it changes too much each level up to keep mitigating it imo.

Looking at your stats I would try to get my accuracy to 30 as it's a fixed stat and won't decay. Getting rid of the fizzle is a good thing It may be possible to do this just by adding a jewel (don't forget we can buy some jewels from the NPC outside the arena for tickets instead of having to farm for them).

If you can see an easy way to add more damage that would be cool, again because it's a fixed stat. Getting a pet that helps can be a good way to add extra damage. I'm happy to help you understand the process and get a nice pet if you'd like.

Your power pips and resist seem good to me. Critical and block is changing every level up (decay - ugh!) so I literally ignore it on mine atm lol. I don't see the point in farming for gear I'll change when I max so unless it's something you've got or will use at max you might prefer to keep questing instead of stopping to be OP during the between levels.

Maybe someone here will give you some nice clear advice (which I'll consider for mine too) but I suspect you felt happy with your stats until someone mean criticised you...keep smiling and play how you enjoy it most

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I wouldn't call you "weak," because honestly your stats are pretty good. My Storm is level 104 and still working on getting the best gear possible. She's got similar stats to yours, but recently upgraded her pet to a critical pet.

It was kind of a fluke, the way that pet hatched out with three criticals, a healing current and spellproof. I wasn't actually going for that, but decided to try the pet out in battle. In battle, the difference that having a much higher critical chance made was quite shocking. (Pun intended )

With that pet she's slamming through battles at an unbelievable pace. Often she's not in battle long enough to even get hurt or need healing.

So yeah, for Storm I'd say having the highest possible critical chance is what you should go for.

In terms of hatching for a pet, just go to the kiosk and start scrolling through all the pets available until you see one you like. Hatch any ADULT level pet that you have, nothing higher, with the mega pet that you've selected. Train that baby to ADULT (no higher!) and then hatch it to the same mega pet, or any other with similar stats and talents. Repeat this process several times. Within about 4-5 generations, you should start to see an amazing pet emerge.

For more specific help, head over to the pets section of this board or check out the pets areas of Wizard101 Central, a sister bulletin board. There are many patient and knowledgeable wizards willing to guide you, including Victoria above.

Good luck!

Alia Misthaven, 124
Sierra Stormcaller, 104