Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New level 118 spells & Pip conversion

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Hello fellow wizards! I am a level 116 death wizard and I would like to know your thoughts on the new level 118 spells & pip conversion.
118 Spells: I feel KI should have come up with something else. If you use one of the spells against all enemies will make the spell weak. I can see this being a single hit, not a multi target one. For example, The 118 death spell. 1020 damage. Divide that among 4 enemies and its pretty weak dealing only 255 per enemy. Of course it will deal more depending on your damage and so on. But I say scrap the spell division. I'm not saying the spells are bad. I feel the idea of dividing the damage is not a good one. But over all it does depend on how you play.
Pip conversion: I really like the idea of pip conversion. But there is really no way to get this into my game play. The gear that gives pip conversion has pretty bad stats. Maybe a jewel that gives some pip conversion?
This is just my thoughts on the new spells and pip conversion. Don't get me wrong. I feel Mirage is an amazing world! I love the new update. But some things here and there I feel could have been better. What are your thoughts on these new additions?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Players have been wanting pip conversion for years. Unfortunately, KI decided that we must pay for it, instead of just programming it into the game for all of its players.

I like the new 118 spell. I can target whomever I want. Single hit? Massive damage potential. Two? Does really well. I would place it on 4 enemy only if I didn't have anything else up or I was getting rid of shields.

Survivor
Dec 26, 2014
What I Understand Of Pip Conversion Is That If You Have Max Power Pip Chance Its Useless Unless You Have A Certain Setup That Has Low Power Pip Chance. New lvl 118 Spells Are Also Weak Unless You Know How To Use Them. You Know Those Times When You Are Helping A Low Lvl Friend. That Is The Perfect Opportunity To Use Them. Which Is An Advantage Of Having Low Pips (And One Shadow Pip). But In General They Are Not Very Useful. But There Are So Many Ways To Use It. But You Can Find A Way To Make Them Useful.

Here Is My Theory: Wizard101's Goal Is To Create A Game People Can Play With Many Options Mainly For Kids, If They Create More And More Levels Can XP And Spells And Other Stuff They Advance The Gameplay NOT Well Maybe Make It Better. So, New Strategy's Will Occur.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
Pip conversion can be really useful. Not disagreeing there. But we need new, up to the mark gear that allows us to use it or, like Brynner said KI should have just given it to us.

Level 120 spells, I agree. While helping a low level player it does come in handy. Other wise? No not really. Of course at the end of the day, everything does depend on how you play.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
The new level 118 spells could use some tweaking.
As single target spells, they're very effective. The problem comes when you start to split the targets. Sand Wurm (4 pips, 1 shadow) is objectively worse than Sandstorm (4 pips) when split between 4 targets, especially when enchanted. Proposed fix is to have split spells simply do 2/3 damage when targeting more than one enemy. This puts damage in line with other multi-enemy spells.

Pip conversion is badly conceived.
This trait affects two situations.
1) Wizard casts an odd pip spell using power pips.
2) Wizard has full pips with some white pips.

The problems is that this ability comes as a trade-off to other stats, such as power pips chance.
1) When the wizard has non-power pips, this application will never occur. A wizard without 100% power pips is very likely to have regular pips.
2) Playing with full pips almost always means you're doing something wrong.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2015
I think it would be a good idea the make it so that you could divide more when you hit like 1/3 on and 2/3 on instead of just 1/2 for both like divide more so more on one that on the other.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I'm not pleased with any of the Mirage mechanics. The divide and conquer spells are interesting, but pretty much useless for multiple targets. Qismah's Curse deals 1020 damage to a single target for 4 pips, while Khrulhu deals 830 drain damage to all targets for 5. If I split Qismah's, I get 510 damage to two targets, 300 damage less than Khrulhu that doesn't heal me.

Survivor
Jun 27, 2011
Pip conversion is all but useless as currently implemented because the probability of it occurring is so slim. First you have to have no white pips, and then you have to be casting an odd number cost spell. Added to this already less than likely event is the fact that you are very unlikely to convert the pip even if you match the required conditions ! This should be the likelihood that you are able to cast the spell for one less pip than normal. The pip automatic conversion should be an ability granted by a wand or ring or something..... that would be fun.

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Jarlaxlerod on Jan 17, 2017 wrote:
Pip conversion is all but useless as currently implemented because the probability of it occurring is so slim. First you have to have no white pips, and then you have to be casting an odd number cost spell. Added to this already less than likely event is the fact that you are very unlikely to convert the pip even if you match the required conditions ! This should be the likelihood that you are able to cast the spell for one less pip than normal. The pip automatic conversion should be an ability granted by a wand or ring or something..... that would be fun.
If it could convert a regular pip to power pip when you weren't at 7 pips, it'd actually be useful.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Austin Spiriteyes

I am having am having a hard time trying to use the divide spell on two or more of the enemies.Can someone Please help me on How to do this? I tried to click and pick one then change to pick another, but it only hits one and it never divides to hit two or more. Please I need Help. Thank you in advance.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
cs5977 on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
Austin Spiriteyes

I am having am having a hard time trying to use the divide spell on two or more of the enemies.Can someone Please help me on How to do this? I tried to click and pick one then change to pick another, but it only hits one and it never divides to hit two or more. Please I need Help. Thank you in advance.
First of all you're kind of hijacking my post...

And all you have to do is click on the spell, then click the opponents you want to cast it on, then click okay. (I dunno if it's okay, cast or whatever)

Survivor
Jan 19, 2010
Mirajane7887 on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
First of all you're kind of hijacking my post...

And all you have to do is click on the spell, then click the opponents you want to cast it on, then click okay. (I dunno if it's okay, cast or whatever)
Austin

I am so sorry for doing that. I have never posted anything before and I was not meaning to do that on yours.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
cs5977 on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
Austin

I am so sorry for doing that. I have never posted anything before and I was not meaning to do that on yours.
Lol no problem.