Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mirage boosting syst

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 30, 2013
Anyone knows how the boost system in Mirage works?

I mean, I've been questing in Mirage and some mobs will be boosted against the same school as mine (example storm = storm) others mobs will boost against the opposite, which is the normal, (storm = myth).

Also since.. um, I can't remember but since Avalon each mob used to be boosted against two different schools, for example: death wizards boosted against myth & life mobs. In Mirage, however, it does not happen.

@Dworgyn is it broken?

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
SrEdu on Jul 16, 2017 wrote:
Anyone knows how the boost system in Mirage works?

I mean, I've been questing in Mirage and some mobs will be boosted against the same school as mine (example storm = storm) others mobs will boost against the opposite, which is the normal, (storm = myth).

Also since.. um, I can't remember but since Avalon each mob used to be boosted against two different schools, for example: death wizards boosted against myth & life mobs. In Mirage, however, it does not happen.

@Dworgyn is it broken?
I noticed that too. It seems the Astral school boosts introduced in Celestia no longer apply in Mirage, where Storm could boost to Fire as well as Myth.

I remember that one of the Mirage bosses, Ricky, is Storm yet Storm school attacks do a boost on him anyway. People also complained about this in Test Realm but it was never fixed. Maybe this was intended as a way to increase difficulty in higher level worlds? :/