Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

long cheaty battle with no team up option~ really?

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my friends weren't on tonight, but i made it through everything from just after eerkala all the way to shadowbones by myself. i tried to solo it and failed miserably, so i fled and decided to try again with a team... except that there is no team up.

you have to be kidding me, ki. this isn't even an optional instance. this is a main arc quest that even the filthiest among us casual peasants is expected to complete, in order to progress, and there's not even a team-up option?

whose brilliant idea was this? now i'm stuck here until someone from my friends list logs on... and who knows when that will be? this is peak holiday season, i'm 4 hours ahead of everyone i know, and only have a week left before my sub ends... i can't afford to be at the mercy of other people's schedules.

there's no way i can progress at this point; i am stuck, and will be until someone logs on. and, before all the hardcore players start up about how "it's too easy" or start trying to nitpick my gear/strategy/etc., i can assure you that none of them are the problem.

if you absolutely insist on having long cheaty instances in the main storyline, kingsisle, at least give us the option to team up. but this is precisely the reason that long cheaty instances have no place in the main storyline to begin with.

-von

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Dr Von on Dec 22, 2016 wrote:
my friends weren't on tonight, but i made it through everything from just after eerkala all the way to shadowbones by myself. i tried to solo it and failed miserably, so i fled and decided to try again with a team... except that there is no team up.

you have to be kidding me, ki. this isn't even an optional instance. this is a main arc quest that even the filthiest among us casual peasants is expected to complete, in order to progress, and there's not even a team-up option?

whose brilliant idea was this? now i'm stuck here until someone from my friends list logs on... and who knows when that will be? this is peak holiday season, i'm 4 hours ahead of everyone i know, and only have a week left before my sub ends... i can't afford to be at the mercy of other people's schedules.

there's no way i can progress at this point; i am stuck, and will be until someone logs on. and, before all the hardcore players start up about how "it's too easy" or start trying to nitpick my gear/strategy/etc., i can assure you that none of them are the problem.

if you absolutely insist on having long cheaty instances in the main storyline, kingsisle, at least give us the option to team up. but this is precisely the reason that long cheaty instances have no place in the main storyline to begin with.

-von
Contact support, all of these dungeons at the end should have team up. Did not notice this myself, but double check and then write support. I doubt it will get fixed based on a post.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Jasmine3429 on Dec 23, 2016 wrote:
Contact support, all of these dungeons at the end should have team up. Did not notice this myself, but double check and then write support. I doubt it will get fixed based on a post.
yeah, i went back and checked this morning... it's definitely there now, so not sure why it wasn't the other night. maybe a glitch, whether on my end or in-game. oh well.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Dr Von on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
yeah, i went back and checked this morning... it's definitely there now, so not sure why it wasn't the other night. maybe a glitch, whether on my end or in-game. oh well.
It's because they knew you were coming ..........

LOL

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Dr Von on Dec 24, 2016 wrote:
I recognize the problem and it is a glitch. It happened to me a few times too. When it happens again, sign off and sign back on. Usually that eliminate glitches