Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Kingsisle Nerfed Mirage Too Hard...

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
High Five Ghost on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
That's the thing I don't get. This is the way this game was for years. People either played PvE to have a relatively casual, fun gaming experience, or they used it to level up for PvP where they had a tougher challenge.

PvE was never the realm of the hardcore. Now all of a sudden people will accept nothing less.
There are several reasons for the shift.

1)Player growth- The 12 year old who played wiz is now a 20 year old who wants to be challenged in his favorite game.

2)Turn based rpgs are hard to find- Outside of things like Final Fantasy or Pokemon you won't find many turn based rpgs so wiz offers a safe haven to those who like that style of play.

3)Loss of casual players- Wiz has been hemorrhaging casual players especially with the advent of mobile games which have attractive easy, casual games like Angry birds or candy crush.

4)The State of Pvp- PvP is in the worst state it's been and I've been pvping from the get-go. KI' s apparent disregard for the arena (an attitude that is only now changing due to KI losing huge chunks of revenue from it's dying PvP segment) has led many to leave the arena. While some who have left the arena also left the game, many instead stay in PvE.

These ex- PvP players have the same competitive spirit, drive and thirst for challenge that led them to the arena in the first place. Only now those desires are directed towards PvE. In perhaps the strangest piece of irony, the casual players who complained about PvP nerfs that would have helped the arena(thus leading KI to not implement these changes), drove their own displacement and the changing face of PvE as discontented PvPers flooded the previously casual PvE.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
Jared Darkshield on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
Actually I have read them and my response stands! This game was developed as a social game. If you don't want to develop friendships within the game or social skills then yes you will run into issues you likely will not be able to overcome. That coupled with an unwillingness to work for the rewards within the game but expect to get what those who work hard get. I don't buy into or support this mindset.

You are FAR more passionate about this than you need to be. Put half as much effort in working for these rewards as you do in arguing for them to be easily achieved and I guarantee you will have the stats to conquer even minion battles with a mere 5-7K health.

I however am not buying what is being sold here. Life is work and sometimes fun is too.
I couldn't agree more.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
High Five Ghost on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
That's the thing I don't get. This is the way this game was for years. People either played PvE to have a relatively casual, fun gaming experience, or they used it to level up for PvP where they had a tougher challenge.

PvE was never the realm of the hardcore. Now all of a sudden people will accept nothing less.
The funny thing is, cheating bosses are very easy compared to PVP. Once you figure out what the cheat is, the bosses are completely predictable just like non-cheaters. Simply counteract the cheats and then face the same battle over and over again after that.

(What made the Rat so hard was the time limit coupled with his extremely high health. Otherwise....)

Meanwhile, PVP can be a guessing game, an arms race, or a sprint to the bladestorm finish line. You never fight the same battle twice.

What I'm starting to think is that some of these 'complainers' about the nerfing don't actually like challenge as much as they claim they do. They take the easy route by teaming up with four highly decked out wizards, using the exact same strategy to run the exact same battle over and over again. In other words, they've already removed all challenge from the battle!

They won't do it any other way but that one way they know, then complain that it's "boring."

Seriously, I'd like to see just one of these nerf complainers go solo or in a team of just two, no henchmen. Describe their experiences. Create a battle guide to the Rat or Grandfather Spider or Darkmoor for just one or two wizards and post it here. Put their wands where their mouths are, so to speak.

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Actually I have read them and my response stands! This game was developed as a social game. If you don't want to develop friendships within the game or social skills then yes you will run into issues you likely will not be able to overcome. That coupled with an unwillingness to work for the rewards within the game but expect to get what those who work hard get. I don't buy into or support this mindset.

You are FAR more passionate about this than you need to be. Put half as much effort in working for these rewards as you do in arguing for them to be easily achieved and I guarantee you will have the stats to conquer even minion battles with a mere 5-7K health.

I however am not buying what is being sold here. Life is work and sometimes fun is too.
You're making a BIG assumption that all "casuals" choose not to be social or to farm; why are you ignoring our posts as to why the majority of "casuals" can't do as you suggest?
I have many friends in this game and Pirate, unfortunately, our schedules don't coincide. I then use team up for the boss fights. Sometimes I friend those players, unfortunately the majority of the players I meet in team ups are utter trolls.
I can understand why after a few encounters like this that players are reluctant to make a friend in any part of this game.

Survivor
Jun 15, 2010

You're not a very avid reader, are you?

I mean, you've been completely ignoring the part people keep repeating which says, and I quote "Not everyone has copious amounts of free time to slogfest through mind-numbing dungeons 100s of times just to get one piece, then spend a year to get the whole set." Which isn't a matter of ability/mindset, but of TIME constraints, something that is often out of the player's hands.

So I'm going to assume that you have no rebuttal to that counterargument since there's obviously no sign of one. Now, onto point B, which is, in a nutshell, try harder (really that's about the amount of depth I can extrapolate). Never mind the fact that a lot of the so-called "casuals" could be new to Darkmoor, meaning that they're going into it with either the largely outdated Waterworks gear, crafted gear (which isn't even significantly better than WW) or Hades and Darkmoor itself is by no means an easy dungeon, quite difficult actually despite numerous nerfs, but downright discriminatory practices are norms when it comes to Darkmoor team comp. 9/10 unless you're a life wizard, it will NOT be easy finding some chums to play with on WW gear. Even if Darkmoor was easy, it's still lengthy, and as said numerous times, some people just don't have that time. Drop rates are abysmal to boot, so whatever kind of 4 leaf clovers you've been throwing over your shoulder with pinches of salt won't work for everyone.

Even despite all that, why am I spending hours on ends tediously farming one of the hardest dungeons in the game, which is OPTIONAL by the way just to have a shot at getting a set of outdated gear to even have a hope at getting through the MAIN SERIES QUESTS with no viable, more easily accessed substitute? Yes, you do have to earn what you get, but super dungeons like Darkmoor are optional for a reason. Mirage isn't, and even post-nerf its level of difficulty is insane.

Stop the "git gud" mentality. PvE and PvP are different for a reason.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
On the question of gear; I have quested the majority of this game with bazaar gear, sometimes a good drop comes my way, sometimes I get lucky with a pack. ( BTW, I haven't seen any gear worth spending the time to craft,) I have been successful all the way through Mirage using that mix of bazaar gear, good drops, and lucky pack drops.

I don't PVP, and that's the difference, I believe, in attitude to PVE. Hardliners want the PVP challenge in PVE. I'm sorry for you but that's not how this game works - PVE is meant to allow the majority of players at many levels of gear, strategy and experience have a chance to be successful in the quest line.. Mobs aren't meant to be as tough as bosses. The dungeons and bosses of Mirage haven't been nerfed.
Sabrina Shade, level 120

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
thegreatone100 on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
You're not a very avid reader, are you?

I mean, you've been completely ignoring the part people keep repeating which says, and I quote "Not everyone has copious amounts of free time to slogfest through mind-numbing dungeons 100s of times just to get one piece, then spend a year to get the whole set." Which isn't a matter of ability/mindset, but of TIME constraints, something that is often out of the player's hands.

So I'm going to assume that you have no rebuttal to that counterargument since there's obviously no sign of one. Now, onto point B, which is, in a nutshell, try harder (really that's about the amount of depth I can extrapolate). Never mind the fact that a lot of the so-called "casuals" could be new to Darkmoor, meaning that they're going into it with either the largely outdated Waterworks gear, crafted gear (which isn't even significantly better than WW) or Hades and Darkmoor itself is by no means an easy dungeon, quite difficult actually despite numerous nerfs, but downright discriminatory practices are norms when it comes to Darkmoor team comp. 9/10 unless you're a life wizard, it will NOT be easy finding some chums to play with on WW gear. Even if Darkmoor was easy, it's still lengthy, and as said numerous times, some people just don't have that time. Drop rates are abysmal to boot, so whatever kind of 4 leaf clovers you've been throwing over your shoulder with pinches of salt won't work for everyone.

Even despite all that, why am I spending hours on ends tediously farming one of the hardest dungeons in the game, which is OPTIONAL by the way just to have a shot at getting a set of outdated gear to even have a hope at getting through the MAIN SERIES QUESTS with no viable, more easily accessed substitute? Yes, you do have to earn what you get, but super dungeons like Darkmoor are optional for a reason. Mirage isn't, and even post-nerf its level of difficulty is insane.

Stop the "git gud" mentality. PvE and PvP are different for a reason.
I keep seeing posts like this, so I'm just gonna offer my opinion. First of all, there are extreme exaggerations of how long it takes gear on these Message Boards, so I want to say they are just simply not accurate. The comments that there's no other viable gear is also not accurate.

Robes can also be gotten from Rattlebones in the Exalted duel. The duels drop quite often from Rattlebones in Unicorn Way, and the Exalted fight itself can be easily done in 5-10 minutes, as you can now DIRECTLY counter some of the cheats with Aegis and Indemnity. The robes even drop quite often, and I was able to get mine on all my characters in only around three runs. That took about 20 minutes to get. (By the way, I farmed with people with bad gear who didn't really know what they were doing, and yes, it was that easy to get)

I see most people now using the shoes from the Sands of Time bosses, and all three of the bosses that drop shoes can be easily farmed. You can even port in those instances, so you don't have to be at that point in the storyline to farm. The bosses there also only take 5 minutes, and I managed to get all the shoes just from doing Team Up. (Shadowwock can be easily duoed in 3 rounds, so I don't know why people are complaining about him)

I've also farmed Graveyard before with my friends with bad gear, and it's incredibly easy now as I can easily counter the cheats with Aegis and Indemnity.

I agree there should be more options for hats, as Krokopatra Exalted duels are hard to come across. Same with wands, but I see a lot of people using the Legendary weapons.

Lastly, I've been easily able to solo in Mirage with my Waterworks/Crafted gear. Bosses don't even have much health, and for mobs, I just blade twice and hit. It's not that hard, and it's kinda boring cause there's no real difficulty.

I think if people actually spend time to learn the cheats for instances, they would find it's not as hard as they make it out to be.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 18, 2017 wrote:
There are several reasons for the shift.

1)Player growth- The 12 year old who played wiz is now a 20 year old who wants to be challenged in his favorite game.

2)Turn based rpgs are hard to find- Outside of things like Final Fantasy or Pokemon you won't find many turn based rpgs so wiz offers a safe haven to those who like that style of play.

3)Loss of casual players- Wiz has been hemorrhaging casual players especially with the advent of mobile games which have attractive easy, casual games like Angry birds or candy crush.

4)The State of Pvp- PvP is in the worst state it's been and I've been pvping from the get-go. KI' s apparent disregard for the arena (an attitude that is only now changing due to KI losing huge chunks of revenue from it's dying PvP segment) has led many to leave the arena. While some who have left the arena also left the game, many instead stay in PvE.

These ex- PvP players have the same competitive spirit, drive and thirst for challenge that led them to the arena in the first place. Only now those desires are directed towards PvE. In perhaps the strangest piece of irony, the casual players who complained about PvP nerfs that would have helped the arena(thus leading KI to not implement these changes), drove their own displacement and the changing face of PvE as discontented PvPers flooded the previously casual PvE.
Thank you for this explanation. It does put things into a different perspective to see where this conflict between PVP & PVE came from and what direction it has taken lately.

I can sympathize with PVPers feeling frustrated by game mechanics they feel are working against them ... but can they, in turn, understand why the average PVE player is now feeling equally under siege and frustrated? Finding common ground is always a good start to solving problems that we both face.

So, with that said, would you mind further elaborating on where you feel KI has disregarded the arena?

Alia Misthaven

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Freshta on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
The funny thing is, cheating bosses are very easy compared to PVP. Once you figure out what the cheat is, the bosses are completely predictable just like non-cheaters. Simply counteract the cheats and then face the same battle over and over again after that.

(What made the Rat so hard was the time limit coupled with his extremely high health. Otherwise....)

Meanwhile, PVP can be a guessing game, an arms race, or a sprint to the bladestorm finish line. You never fight the same battle twice.

What I'm starting to think is that some of these 'complainers' about the nerfing don't actually like challenge as much as they claim they do. They take the easy route by teaming up with four highly decked out wizards, using the exact same strategy to run the exact same battle over and over again. In other words, they've already removed all challenge from the battle!

They won't do it any other way but that one way they know, then complain that it's "boring."

Seriously, I'd like to see just one of these nerf complainers go solo or in a team of just two, no henchmen. Describe their experiences. Create a battle guide to the Rat or Grandfather Spider or Darkmoor for just one or two wizards and post it here. Put their wands where their mouths are, so to speak.

Alia Misthaven
I have no stake in this argument. Yes I do believe Mirage was nerfed too hard but I don't really care since it's the main story.

However, I am here to address the perception that those who think the nerf was too much don't challenge themselves. "Putting my wand where my mouth is" so to speak.

http://www.duelist101.com/videos/dueling-vids/wizard101-darkmoor-graveyard-solo/

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?445629-Fun-duoing-DM

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Freshta on Mar 19, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for this explanation. It does put things into a different perspective to see where this conflict between PVP & PVE came from and what direction it has taken lately.

I can sympathize with PVPers feeling frustrated by game mechanics they feel are working against them ... but can they, in turn, understand why the average PVE player is now feeling equally under siege and frustrated? Finding common ground is always a good start to solving problems that we both face.

So, with that said, would you mind further elaborating on where you feel KI has disregarded the arena?

Alia Misthaven
Things KI has ignored with PvP

-The Jade Gear fiasco
-Guardian Spirit's design
-Reshuffle multiplication
-Class balance disparity
-Dropped spell disparity
-Shadow enhanced spells vs health buffer
-The rise of stall strategies
-The problem of boosting
-The matching system
-The properties of dispel in max PvP
-The distribution of utility amongst classes
-Lack of communication on big changes
-The barrier of entry
-Diego's decisions in tournaments

Numerous other aspects over the years.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:

-The Jade Gear fiasco
-Class balance disparity
-Dropped spell disparity
-The problem of boosting
-The matching system
-The barrier of entry

jade gear can easily be countered with shrike/infallible/jewels.
guardian spirit was already nerfed
reshuffle was also nerfed and no longer multiplies spells in your deck.
and the list goes on.

worth noting: though no one will cop to it, we all know that the crit/block system was changed specifically for pvp: people without dm gear didn't stand a chance against those who had it, and those changes effectively rendered the whole setup useless for pve as well.

my pvp days ended when the second age did. but this is a pve game~ as in, pvp is optional. i'm not saying that these aren't valid complaints, but are the the needs of the elite few more important than the needs of many?

-von

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:

-The Jade Gear fiasco
-Class balance disparity
-Dropped spell disparity
-The problem of boosting
-The matching system
-The barrier of entry

Thank you for listing some of the issues of concern in PVP.

Some of them I've been aware of for quite some time (Jade, Guardian Spirit), some I'm not sure what they are. Example: barrier of entry. It looks like I'll be spending some time over at Central reading up so I have a better understanding.

As for the videos you posted (in reply to me, and yes I deserved to be called out).... Please accept my partial apology, you were not one of the people I had in mind when I got snarky. There was another poster on this thread and one of the other threads who, from their attitude, I doubted they'd ever tried to solo or run a small team through.

Whether we go in as teams of four, or trying to solo a dungeon, what sets us apart is mindset. Some people take on insane challenges for fun. We work around the cheats and eventually prevail even when everything seems stacked against us. When we win, the thrill is real. I get that, truly. But, we are bringing a different mindset into these battles. We go in knowing that we may lose and taking even a loss as an opportunity to learn and improve. Not everyone is like that.

Not sure if I'm saying this right and I'm running out of characters. Some wizards don't have a choice and are forced by timing or bad luck to solo main quest-line battles, and it's too much for them. They don't have the challenge-loving mindset. They are who I've been arguing for on these threads, and only on the main quest line.

Anyway, I got through one of your videos last night, the duo with Angela on Shane. Your battle was a beautiful disaster: messy, but it sure looked fun.

Alia Misthaven

PS: Thanks for the tip about Empowerment (one of you mentioned it in the video). Never gave it any thought before but I seriously might consider having my Balance 'tank' try that....

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Dr Von on Mar 20, 2017 wrote:
jade gear can easily be countered with shrike/infallible/jewels.
guardian spirit was already nerfed
reshuffle was also nerfed and no longer multiplies spells in your deck.
and the list goes on.

worth noting: though no one will cop to it, we all know that the crit/block system was changed specifically for pvp: people without dm gear didn't stand a chance against those who had it, and those changes effectively rendered the whole setup useless for pve as well.

my pvp days ended when the second age did. but this is a pve game~ as in, pvp is optional. i'm not saying that these aren't valid complaints, but are the the needs of the elite few more important than the needs of many?

-von
Jade Gear can now be countered (not easily- see Jade/Juju, Jade/Angel) but it took years for counters to be put in place and jade itself completely destroyed the first age meta.

Guardian spirit was indeed nerfed but not satisfactorily and as a result is still a problem spell in today's arena.

The removal of reshuffle multiplication is actually one of the worst changes for pvp, completely stagnating grand PvP and leading to even more people leaving the arena.

The crit/block system wasn't changed for PvP. It was changed for the longevity of said system in game. Heck, crit works completely differently in the arena now than PvE taking away credence from the idea it was altered for PvP.

As for the needs of the few vs the many. It did not need to be an either/or situation. KI is now feeling the very real effects of its earlier apathy towards the arena community and as a result is finally paying attention to our concerns. However, it might be too little, too late. Time will tell.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Freshta on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:
Thank you for listing some of the issues of concern in PVP.

Some of them I've been aware of for quite some time (Jade, Guardian Spirit), some I'm not sure what they are. Example: barrier of entry. It looks like I'll be spending some time over at Central reading up so I have a better understanding.

As for the videos you posted (in reply to me, and yes I deserved to be called out).... Please accept my partial apology, you were not one of the people I had in mind when I got snarky. There was another poster on this thread and one of the other threads who, from their attitude, I doubted they'd ever tried to solo or run a small team through.

Whether we go in as teams of four, or trying to solo a dungeon, what sets us apart is mindset. Some people take on insane challenges for fun. We work around the cheats and eventually prevail even when everything seems stacked against us. When we win, the thrill is real. I get that, truly. But, we are bringing a different mindset into these battles. We go in knowing that we may lose and taking even a loss as an opportunity to learn and improve. Not everyone is like that.

Not sure if I'm saying this right and I'm running out of characters. Some wizards don't have a choice and are forced by timing or bad luck to solo main quest-line battles, and it's too much for them. They don't have the challenge-loving mindset. They are who I've been arguing for on these threads, and only on the main quest line.

Anyway, I got through one of your videos last night, the duo with Angela on Shane. Your battle was a beautiful disaster: messy, but it sure looked fun.

Alia Misthaven

PS: Thanks for the tip about Empowerment (one of you mentioned it in the video). Never gave it any thought before but I seriously might consider having my Balance 'tank' try that....
No need to apologize, I didn't take offense. The vids were just an illustration that many people do partake in the challenges available.

In terms of the main story I agree. I was one of those advocating for a Nerf to Mirage. Like Vanessa Mythdust, I too believe it was nerfed too much but I'm ok with that if it means more can enjoy Mirage's excellent story.

Yes it was a fun battle, I'm sure Shane got tired of killing us and just gave in after a bit lol.

In terms of additional reading here is what I'm referring to with barrier of entry:

http://www.duelist101.com/wizard101-pvp-guides-2/advanced-pvp-guides/max-lvl-pvp-barrier-entry-high/

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 21, 2017 wrote:
Jade Gear can now be countered (not easily- see Jade/Juju, Jade/Angel) but it took years for counters to be put in place and jade itself completely destroyed the first age meta.

Guardian spirit was indeed nerfed but not satisfactorily and as a result is still a problem spell in today's arena.

The removal of reshuffle multiplication is actually one of the worst changes for pvp, completely stagnating grand PvP and leading to even more people leaving the arena.

The crit/block system wasn't changed for PvP. It was changed for the longevity of said system in game. Heck, crit works completely differently in the arena now than PvE taking away credence from the idea it was altered for PvP.

As for the needs of the few vs the many. It did not need to be an either/or situation. KI is now feeling the very real effects of its earlier apathy towards the arena community and as a result is finally paying attention to our concerns. However, it might be too little, too late. Time will tell.
i do agree that jade gear ruined first age pvp. but that's why it was fixed; ditto reshuffle and guardian spirit.

there's no strategy to any of it anymore. between jade, mastery amulets, and crown pack gear, it's much easier to buy rank than it is to earn it. if it were up to pvp players to decide the fates of our spells, pve players would have nothing to work with.

i have trouble believing that crit/block wasn't changed for pvp, especially since people on the pvp boards cried about dm gear and it was immediately followed by the "improved" crit and block. perhaps an extreme instance of coincidence, though i sincerely doubt that.

we should not be weaker at level 120 than we were at level 110; i've never heard of any game that punishes players for leveling up... i had better crit/block at level 60 than i do now, and maybe that's why people found mirage as hard as they did.

-von

Delver
Jun 14, 2016
Dr Von on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
i do agree that jade gear ruined first age pvp. but that's why it was fixed; ditto reshuffle and guardian spirit.

there's no strategy to any of it anymore. between jade, mastery amulets, and crown pack gear, it's much easier to buy rank than it is to earn it. if it were up to pvp players to decide the fates of our spells, pve players would have nothing to work with.

i have trouble believing that crit/block wasn't changed for pvp, especially since people on the pvp boards cried about dm gear and it was immediately followed by the "improved" crit and block. perhaps an extreme instance of coincidence, though i sincerely doubt that.

we should not be weaker at level 120 than we were at level 110; i've never heard of any game that punishes players for leveling up... i had better crit/block at level 60 than i do now, and maybe that's why people found mirage as hard as they did.

-von
Bruh. I know NetHack kinda punishes you for leveling up, but at least it provides a way to decrease your level. That isn't even an option in Wizard101.

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Dr Von on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:

-von
Jade was never fixed, they just created a highly unstable meta that allows you to play around it. They should have made jade no PvP or nerfed it from it's inception.

Similarly GS Nerf avoided the issue and solved very little.

Reshuffle didn't need the changes at all and each has been a real head scratcher.

Crit/block was changed due to necessity. However, the implementation was poor and wrought with KIs signature lack of communication. It had nothing to do with PvP.

Only one stat system is weaker. Our other stats and spell capabilities increased. Many games offer tradeoffs for level ups. See Slaking in Pokemon, Durability in Diablo, Resource allocation in Mabinogi Duel.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:
Jade was never fixed, they just created a highly unstable meta that allows you to play around it. They should have made jade no PvP or nerfed it from it's inception.

Reshuffle didn't need the changes at all and each has been a real head scratcher.

Crit/block was changed due to necessity. However, the implementation was poor and wrought with KIs signature lack of communication. It had nothing to do with PvP.

Only one stat system is weaker. Our other stats and spell capabilities increased. Many games offer tradeoffs for level ups. See Slaking in Pokemon, Durability in Diablo, Resource allocation in Mabinogi Duel.
When did this thread become a complaint about PVP? Take into the PVP section of the boards.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Eric Stormbringer on Mar 22, 2017 wrote:

in that case, how would you propose that jade/gs/shuffle be "fixed" for pvp, without inconveniencing those of us who don't want to pvp?

i do agree that the "improved" (and i use that term facetiously) crit/block system was poorly implemented; the whole thing was a mess in theory, and an utter trainwreck in practice. i can understand the need for some sort of trade-off but, when 1) people have built entire setups around the old system and 2) there's no gear that "works" with the new system, there are going to be issues.

i just find it a coincidence that the nerf happened so soon after pvp started crying about dm gear being "overpowered".

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Dr Von on Mar 23, 2017 wrote:
in that case, how would you propose that jade/gs/shuffle be "fixed" for pvp, without inconveniencing those of us who don't want to pvp?

i do agree that the "improved" (and i use that term facetiously) crit/block system was poorly implemented; the whole thing was a mess in theory, and an utter trainwreck in practice. i can understand the need for some sort of trade-off but, when 1) people have built entire setups around the old system and 2) there's no gear that "works" with the new system, there are going to be issues.

i just find it a coincidence that the nerf happened so soon after pvp started crying about dm gear being "overpowered".
It's far too late for jade to be nerfed/fixed. The highly unstable current meta offers the tools needed to defeat jade at the cost of the rest of the meta. As a result I do not propose a or support a nerf to the jade set in the current meta. What should happen is that Jade should be phased out. Higher levels of Jade should not offer any more resist and newer gear sets needs to offer an armor pierce resist stat so we can start phasing out hyper offense AND hyper defense.

I do agree the timing seems damning but a critical look at the update and how it was rolled out gives strong indication to me that it wasn't a PvP change.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Mirage was nerfed because of attention seekers and whiners. In game, I never met a single person who thought mirage was too difficult, and neither had the people I asked (and trust me that's a lot). You're only saying its too hard because your comparing it to Polaris, which everyone was a huge drop in difficulty and everyone saying was too easy.

Survivor
May 29, 2016
High Five Ghost on Feb 20, 2017 wrote:
This game had always been soloable, right up until the Rat. Those of us who play solo played this game all the way through because it offered us a gaming experience we enjoyed, more or less. Now all of a sudden everybody comes out of the woodwork telling us we're not welcome here anymore. That we should get lost, and KI should just make a game for people who want to play in full teams with the best gear from the hardest dungeons that not everybody is getting.

What's the deal?
Actually I soloed all of Mirage before the nerf. In my view it wasn't really hard. However, I can see why someone who is using bazaar bought gear instead of darkmoor gear would feel that it was too hard. Also the Rat, of course he is going to be a boss that requires more than one person. I would be upset if the final boss of a world isn't hard enough that you can solo it!
Alejandro DarkDreamer 120
Miguel 83

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I'm glad that Mirage was nerfed in some aspects, but would have been fine if it where a little tougher in others. As I've mentioned before. Street Mobs should be easy. Almost too easy. However, I also think there should be kinda a few types of bosses. The Moderate, "Oh this is gonna take a sec, but no problem", the "dang cheatin- hang on, but we got this" and the final "UGH, I Rage Quit kind". A mix of all types I feel would be appropriate. In Mirage we are graduated, so when we are just fighting someone to get some dust or something they should be easy defeats, however when we are fighting Cabal then it should be a decent and proper duel. And when we face Primal Forces and Titans we should pray for mercy. That's just my thoughts though. I know that facing the "Ugh, I rage Quit" kind is a very dividing issue for people, but those exist for those that are interested. Try the dumb Plant in Darkmoor anyone? I'm fine with the Nerfs because when there was four of us against four regular street mobs and we had to flee and return a couple times that was too much. (Don't tell me that I'm bad a playing, I know, lol, but I felt that that was a bit extreme. Now if It was a boss okay, I understand, just not the mob fights.)

Anyway, I think the complaints for "it's too hard" outweighed the "it's too easy" thus the change and I don't think that it will change back (and I'm glad of that) if ever (hopefully). Anyway, now I've offered my two cents!

P.S. Don't hijack threads meanies... PVP belongs in PVP section.

Survivor
May 29, 2016
Ok. Honestly I didn't think mirage was that hard. I soloed the whole world until the last 5 bosses. I don't understand why people thought it was too hard... this pushes my buttons considering everyone said Polaris was too easy.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
theslaya69 on Apr 18, 2017 wrote:
Ok. Honestly I didn't think mirage was that hard. I soloed the whole world until the last 5 bosses. I don't understand why people thought it was too hard... this pushes my buttons considering everyone said Polaris was too easy.

I agree. I didn't have any difficulty questing when it came out, but now it's just ridiculously easy.