Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

XP after level 150

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
Once a character hits level 150, do additional quests still drop XP? I tried freezing my character's level, but the Overflow Experience stat shows a zero.

I want to keep playing but I don't want to lose out on all that XP if we don't get to keep it. Thoughts?

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Spin Doctor on Jul 19, 2022 wrote:
Once a character hits level 150, do additional quests still drop XP? I tried freezing my character's level, but the Overflow Experience stat shows a zero.

I want to keep playing but I don't want to lose out on all that XP if we don't get to keep it. Thoughts?
Since you are level 150, that is currently the max level. You will not reievece any xp since you are the highest level in the game.

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
Yes that helps, but isn't the answer I was hoping for. I guess I'll play another character for a while so that my level 150 character doesn't lose out on XP.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2010
Spin Doctor on Jul 19, 2022 wrote:
Yes that helps, but isn't the answer I was hoping for. I guess I'll play another character for a while so that my level 150 character doesn't lose out on XP.
You could have possibly locked at lvl 149 and continued to stack exp. however I am not sure, ive never used this new feature.

However if this is possible, it could cause problems in the future when the level cap is raised, if someone locks at lvl 149 and collects enough exp to then instantly push them to the next max level without even having to start the next world??

Interesting Theory.

Survivor
Sep 07, 2009
I thought about that, but my suspicion is that if you lock at 149, then you will continue to accumulate XP up to the point of level 150 but not beyond for precisely the reason you suggested.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2009
I'd assume the new world would give more than enough EXP to reach the new max level, so I wouldn't really worry too much about EXP waste.

If anything you'd probably have to do a few side-quests if the main questline doesn't get you maxed.