Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making your own school

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Blaze Sandblade got this realy cool idea of making your own school he wrote:
This is an interesting topic that there isn't really a, well, topic on here discussing. There's been the odd post here and there, but they soon disappear. So I hope that either this topic becomes hot or KI gets a member of staff to create a permanent one along with the 'New World in the Spiral' one.
So, I was thinking a layout sort of like this:
Name -
Location -
Teacher -
Origin (Titan?) -
Symbol/Colour/Gemstone -
Types of Spells -
How we Find it -
Spell Examples -
Here's just a quick example of a school I suggested earlier this year:
Name - School of Crystal, Crystalmancy, Crystalmancers.
Location - Dragonspyre Academy, one of the rubble schools was excavated by Cyrus, and this school was found.
Teacher - Oskilok Uchitel (Russian for 'Shard Teacher'), a ghost who used to teach Crystal at Dragonspyre.
Origin (Titan?) - Unlike Ravenwood, who had been warned by Bartleby not to dabble with , Dragonspyre Academy did not fear it and taught it in one of the rubble schools. However as is a primary school, they also used the Dragons to combine it , & . This created 3 schools, but the Fire Dragon was saddened by what she had done and burnt the & scrolls to a crisp. However the - school was saved; the School of Crystal.
Symbol/Colour/Gemstone - The Crystal symbol is a multi-coloured , the school has no colours and the gemstone is tourmaline as it appears in almost every colour.
Types of Spells - Augmentations. Certain spells from every school gain a 'socket' that works much like Jewel Socketing, but not quite. Using this socket, you can click on a spell in your hand, and then click on the spell you wish to augment. This will take up a turn, in which you will cast the spell and a Crystal, depending on what type of spell you used, appears between your charms & wards. You can have a maximum of 6, as Item Cards & TCs cannot be augmented, and the maximum hand is only 7.
How we Find it - You get a Tutorial Tip at Level ? (I'm not sure if it should be 60 or 110) from Cyrus Drake telling you to go to Dragonspyre Academy at once and find him across from the school. Once you get there, he's standing in front of a school that looks identical to the others, except with a above the door. You go inside and Oskilok greets you, saying Cyrus told him all about what you've done. He then says he'll gladly teach you Crystalmancy; but that it won't be easy.
Spell Examples -
Amethyst Spear - +5% Pierce Charm to self after initial spell.
Citrine Blade - +15% Damage Charm to self after initial spell.
Tourmaline Shield - -30% Damage Ward to self after initial spell.
(Experimental Idea) Sapphire Legion - -10% Damage Ward to all allies after initial spell.
So, what do you think? But more importantly, what do you think would be great schools for the game? Be sure to include whether it's a Ravenwood school or one we learn later in the game. That's all from me for now.
So i think this is a cool idea to do. I also wanted to make a quick edit on the Russian "shard teacher" thing. It just does not make any sense because if a Russian person(like me) read this for them it would make as much sense as shard teacher in english. It literally is just he 2 words shard and teacher and just because you translated it to Russian does no mean its a name because it still 2 words for a Russian who reads it so I think if you made it more like Teacher of Shards it would make for sense. But I just made this because this topic was locked so I just made a new one and if someone want s they can come up with there school idea.

Explorer
Jun 29, 2011
Name - Chronomancy (Time Magic)
Location - Forbidden Archives of the Arcanum or the Sand Sea in Mirage
Teacher - Roshanitza (Metathesis of Rozhanitsa, Old Russian god of Time)
Origin (Titan?) - Djinn?
Symbol/Colour/Gemstone - Benitoite
Types of Spells - As the name suggests, manipulate the time of the duel circle to remove all shields, blades, traps, etc placed on every wizard or monster in a specified time. Cause paradoxes with some spells by moving back in time and dealing damage.
How we Find it - Quest into the Forbidden Archives/The Sand Sea to learn the secrets of Time Magic.
Spell Examples - Rewind- Turn Duel Circle back 5 times: 6 pips, 1 pip, ?- Turn Duel Circle back a random amount and deal ??? damage, Turn the duel circle forward 5 times (To gain pips, etc)
Why this magic could benefit the game- As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any adventuring throughout time in the Spiral except for a gag reference to Doctor Who, with the Professor. This could possibly add more charm to the game.
Of course, this type of magic, would likely make PvP Chronomancers overpowered, so if it were added, it would likely be a banned PvP school.

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
Aaron FireEyes on Dec 6, 2020 wrote:
Name - Chronomancy (Time Magic)
Location - Forbidden Archives of the Arcanum or the Sand Sea in Mirage
Teacher - Roshanitza (Metathesis of Rozhanitsa, Old Russian god of Time)
Origin (Titan?) - Djinn?
Symbol/Colour/Gemstone - Benitoite
Types of Spells - As the name suggests, manipulate the time of the duel circle to remove all shields, blades, traps, etc placed on every wizard or monster in a specified time. Cause paradoxes with some spells by moving back in time and dealing damage.
How we Find it - Quest into the Forbidden Archives/The Sand Sea to learn the secrets of Time Magic.
Spell Examples - Rewind- Turn Duel Circle back 5 times: 6 pips, 1 pip, ?- Turn Duel Circle back a random amount and deal ??? damage, Turn the duel circle forward 5 times (To gain pips, etc)
Why this magic could benefit the game- As far as I can tell, there hasn't been any adventuring throughout time in the Spiral except for a gag reference to Doctor Who, with the Professor. This could possibly add more charm to the game.
Of course, this type of magic, would likely make PvP Chronomancers overpowered, so if it were added, it would likely be a banned PvP school.
You should add stop time where nobody can cast any spells, except you for 5 rounds, everybody except you is stunned, it can have a really positive affect if you are soloing something but also a negative one if you are with other people because your teammates are stunned to. Just an idea for another spell.