Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It's About Time For The Bundles to Switch

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
I have been waiting for months to buy the Accursed Play Gauntlet and it's not available at ANY Walmart in my State.
DO NOT give me that Kingsisle Blog about which Walmarts sell the Bundle because I have checked ALL of them and none of them carry it anymore. I'm not the only one to have complained about this on the Forums, please do what's right and make the Bundle available ASAP.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
Delver
Aug 10, 2010
I work at Walmart in the Electronics Dept, here's some tips and experience.

Look at the list and call the nearest store. Get someone in the Dept to go look. (ask nicely, maybe even say it's for a kid's birthday and they're less likely to just blow you off) The cards are vendor stocked and "pay per scan" which means they are NOT in the store inventory. If you are looking online at pickup availability it will always say it's not available. The cards will also sit on the rack or in a drawer until they're either sold or someone throws them away because they have no "value" until they're sold.

You may have to drive to get a card; the nearest store to me that's on the list is in Bullhead City, AZ. About a 300 mile round trip. My wife and I make a day of it, pick up cards for us and our friend in Oregon and have lunch somewhere unusual.

Explorer
Oct 24, 2019
Timothy Lionstalke... on Apr 29, 2020 wrote:
I work at Walmart in the Electronics Dept, here's some tips and experience.

Look at the list and call the nearest store. Get someone in the Dept to go look. (ask nicely, maybe even say it's for a kid's birthday and they're less likely to just blow you off) The cards are vendor stocked and "pay per scan" which means they are NOT in the store inventory. If you are looking online at pickup availability it will always say it's not available. The cards will also sit on the rack or in a drawer until they're either sold or someone throws them away because they have no "value" until they're sold.

You may have to drive to get a card; the nearest store to me that's on the list is in Bullhead City, AZ. About a 300 mile round trip. My wife and I make a day of it, pick up cards for us and our friend in Oregon and have lunch somewhere unusual.
If you work for a Walmart, please get a hold of corporate and tell them to restock Kingsisle's cards nationally since Kingsisle doesnt care for its own game to do it themselves.

Your post also just feels like an excuse to let Kingsisle continue to neglect releasing bundles.

Im not driving 300 miles to pick up a card, you're fortunate that this Forum's ToS forbids me from cursing cause your suggestion is BEYOND stupid.

Your "Pay Per Scan" suggestion DOES intrigue me, Ill ask around 3-4 Walmarts to see if that system "exists".
I "assume" you're suggesting someone just throws the cards on a shelf for them to rot instead of sending the cards back to the manufacturer or Kingsisle, my original thought.

Survivor
Apr 27, 2013
I have the same problem, I cannot find the Accursed Play Gauntlet at any Walmart, Target, or Gamestop. I even called and went to all the Walmarts listed on the Kingsisle blog around me, to no avail. I really hope it's available online soon because Accursed Play is the last dungeon I need, I have the other seven.