Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can I transfer characters between accounts?

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We offer character transfers as a courtesy only. Limit 1 per account.

Courtesy character transfers can occur if:

a) both accounts are linked in a single Family of Accounts
b) both accounts pass our security checks
c) the Destination Account has an active membership
d) both accounts have had no significant sanctions including any of the following:
1. Compromises
2. Bans
3. Mutes
4. Suspensions

The Destination Account must:

* Have been logged into at least once (To activate the account)
* Have at least one open seat in the classroom (You can have no more than 6 wizards on an account or 7 or more if you have purchased an Extra Wizard Elixir or earned additional slots through events)

Please Note:
1. Courtesy transfers are limited to a lifetime maximum of 1 transfer per account.
2. Once a Transfer is performed it will not be reversed for any reason.
3. The character(s) must be at least level 15
4. Items in the Shared Bank will not transfer. You will need to place all items in a characters Backpack, Bank, Attic or Castle in order to have those items go with the transferred character.
5. Purchased areas will not transfer. They remain on the original account they were purchased on.
6. A character's friends list will not transfer

If you meet all of the conditions and have prepared your characters for their transfer by placing all items in their inventory, castles or personal bank please open a support ticket with the following information.
1) The Source Account
2) the Destination Account (no passwords, please!)
3) the name(s) of the character(s) to be transferred

Once provided we will verify the accounts and make sure they meet the conditions to see if we can start the process of your 1 time courtesy character transfer for you.

Additional verification, information or verification may be necessary.

https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
May 11, 2018
I just have a question. Would a warn count as any significant account compromise? And would it still be able to occur if i've never been muted or banned or suspended?

Administrator
Adrian DarkShield on Jul 10, 2020 wrote:
I just have a question. Would a warn count as any significant account compromise? And would it still be able to occur if i've never been muted or banned or suspended?
Please contact our support team and inquire on this concern. There are a few scenarios here where it might apply:

Thanks Adrian!

Survivor
Dec 01, 2012
Here is a converse question. My son and I have been playing Wizard 101 for years and he is reaching the age where he can pay for his own account. So the question is Can you hive of a secondary account to become a new Primary account?

Squire
Jul 09, 2010

d) both accounts have had no significant sanctions including any of the following:
  1. Compromises
  2. Bans
  3. Mutes
  4. Suspensions

Does that mean that the account the character comes from doesn't need an active membership, as long as the destination account does? In past I read that both accounts had to have a YEAR membership. It's the only reason we haven't applied for a transfer yet. Are monthly memberships ok now?

Thanks for the clarifications

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
Sparck on Aug 27, 2019 wrote:
We offer character transfers as a courtesy only. Limit 1 per account.

1. Compromises
2. Bans
3. Mutes
4. Suspensions

The Destination Account must:

* Have been logged into at least once (To activate the account)
* Have at least one open seat in the classroom (You can have no more than 6 wizards on an account or 7 or more if you have purchased an Extra Wizard Elixir or earned additional slots through events)

Please Note:
1. Courtesy transfers are limited to a lifetime maximum of 1 transfer per account.
2. Once a Transfer is performed it will not be reversed for any reason.
3. The character(s) must be at least level 15
4. Items in the Shared Bank will not transfer. You will need to place all items in a characters Backpack, Bank, Attic or Castle in order to have those items go with the transferred character.
5. Purchased areas will not transfer. They remain on the original account they were purchased on.
6. A character's friends list will not transfer

If you meet all of the conditions and have prepared your characters for their transfer by placing all items in their inventory, castles or personal bank please open a support ticket with the following information.
1) The Source Account
2) the Destination Account (no passwords, please!)
3) the name(s) of the character(s) to be transferred

Once provided we will verify the accounts and make sure they meet the conditions to see if we can start the process of your 1 time courtesy character transfer for you.

Additional verification, information or verification may be necessary.

"We offer character transfers as a courtesy only. Limit 1 per account.

Courtesy character transfers can occur if:"

Also, does this mean we can only transfer characters one time per user/account -- or that it's 1 character from 1 account 1 time?

Thanks again ~A

Survivor
Dec 01, 2017
Im confused. If possible clarification would be awesome. Say i have 3 accounts, each with 1 character. Is it possible to transfer character from Account2 and Account3 to my main (Account1) reason being i make multiple accounts is questing is alot easier. Considering all accounts are under my name, with similar usernames,emails,characters. Is that possible?

Survivor
Feb 19, 2018
Hello there, im sorry if i'm writing this on wrong place, but i send an email with a request about moving a wizard from an acc to an another (to this). I checked everything, the acc is connected to the family whatever what, there is no active punishments on both accs, any suspensions i ever got , i got it couse of the excessive moderation, that terribly blocks everything that is not writen inperfect English. Im from Slovakia, im playing with few friends and not always we can call on Discord or somewhere else, so we need to write in the game. We wrote in Slovak and many words or combinations were/are blocked for no reason. It's terrible. Back to the mail, i sended my request, i wrote from wich acc to which one i want to transfer which Wizard, etc. As answer i got first the auto reply that told me my request is in the queue, and few moments later i got an answer and there was only something like "Thank you for your interest in Character Transfer" and a copy of the instructions from the first post in this topic. Nothing else. Not even i wrote an reply on this mail that everything is needed it is done. Any help please?

Administrator
tatussee on Sep 10, 2020 wrote:
Hello there, im sorry if i'm writing this on wrong place, but i send an email with a request about moving a wizard from an acc to an another (to this). I checked everything, the acc is connected to the family whatever what, there is no active punishments on both accs, any suspensions i ever got , i got it couse of the excessive moderation, that terribly blocks everything that is not writen inperfect English. Im from Slovakia, im playing with few friends and not always we can call on Discord or somewhere else, so we need to write in the game. We wrote in Slovak and many words or combinations were/are blocked for no reason. It's terrible. Back to the mail, i sended my request, i wrote from wich acc to which one i want to transfer which Wizard, etc. As answer i got first the auto reply that told me my request is in the queue, and few moments later i got an answer and there was only something like "Thank you for your interest in Character Transfer" and a copy of the instructions from the first post in this topic. Nothing else. Not even i wrote an reply on this mail that everything is needed it is done. Any help please?
Hi Tatussee! Glad you were able to connect with our support service. If you have any further questions regarding the latest response we gave, please go ahead and respond back to that email and we'll be able to help you out.

Survivor
Feb 19, 2018
Hi, but i answered 3 days ago and since then no answer and not even the character has been moved.

Survivor
Dec 01, 2010
Survivor
Nov 24, 2020
Hello, would I still be able to transfer my wizard from one account to another if one account is on Steam and another is from the original Wizard101 launcher?

I'm wondering because I don't want to have to get a membership for my old account then be told that I can't transfer my wizard to it so that I waste my money. Since it says that I can't have a Steam account in my family.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
GrimReaper8193 on Dec 19, 2020 wrote:
Hello, would I still be able to transfer my wizard from one account to another if one account is on Steam and another is from the original Wizard101 launcher?

I'm wondering because I don't want to have to get a membership for my old account then be told that I can't transfer my wizard to it so that I waste my money. Since it says that I can't have a Steam account in my family.
No, you cannot transfer characters between Steam and regular accounts, because you cannot link Steam accounts and regular accounts together in a "family of accounts" (the very first requirement to transfer).

Survivor
Oct 03, 2009
Hello. I emailed you guys over a week ago about transferring my character and I only got an automated reply telling me what to do and what the requirements were. I then sent a reply stating my username and what character I wanted transferred and I have yet to have the character transferred or even get a reply on the email. I have met the requirements such as the wizard being over lvl 15, active memberships and no bans/compromises. Is there any way you can help me? I really want to play my wizards together. Thank you

Survivor
Dec 30, 2020
How long does this process usually take after sending the support ticket? I just sent mine in yesterday and I am just wondering since I am seeing many people say that it takes well over a week...

Survivor
Dec 30, 2020
TaraStarxx on Jan 6, 2021 wrote:
Hello. I emailed you guys over a week ago about transferring my character and I only got an automated reply telling me what to do and what the requirements were. I then sent a reply stating my username and what character I wanted transferred and I have yet to have the character transferred or even get a reply on the email. I have met the requirements such as the wizard being over lvl 15, active memberships and no bans/compromises. Is there any way you can help me? I really want to play my wizards together. Thank you
Did you ever end up getting it transfered?

Survivor
Nov 01, 2015
Sparck on Jul 13, 2020 wrote:
Please contact our support team and inquire on this concern. There are a few scenarios here where it might apply:

Thanks Adrian!
Support team doesn't seem to respond, been 2-3 months now and I still haven't received a reply. Made a ticket, waited 25 days. Made another ticket, (because I obviously wasn't going to get a reply from the last ticket) and waited 14 days, made another ticket, and still no reply. Support team has been lacking heavily lately. Everyone in the Wizard101 Discord community has been bringing it up so it's definitely not just me, there's something going on and with all due respect, I'm not trying to wait 3 months just to get a simple issue resolved.

Survivor
May 29, 2020
Hi, I have been wanting to transfer two of my wizards on my current account to a new, fresh one.

So, after I have activated the new account and met all of the other requirements, do I just buy any membership on my new account and send an email in to transfer my two wizards?

Thank you for any help/responses.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2018
Hello, I have a question. If you transfer a account with open chat, will it keep its open chat but exclusive to that character only? Or give open chat to the entire account?

Survivor
Sep 07, 2021
so character transfers one account or family account
so main account has
2nd account
3rd account
i move my 2nd account to my main account so i have and on main but can i move my to my main since i did not use account transfer on my 3rd account
or if its family account one character i wont be able to move my to my main

so my question is one character transfer for account or one character transfer for family account?

Survivor
Jun 12, 2011
@Stormmaan1

I recently had contacted support about a transfer to get the full detail & you are limited to 1 character transfer per account meaning the host account the character is transferred from and the account that the character is transferred to will not be allowed a second transfer to or from.
Although, I'm wondering if they will make is purchasable to do a 2nd character transfer in the future though!

I was happy the process was very instant after submitting the transfer under the transfer page.
>My accounts>Manage>Login Master Password>Character Transfer