Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

How to get really good pets?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Hi. My pets' talents usually aren't that great compared to other players pets(no offense to my pookies). I have one truly helpful pet and that is the Sultans Monkey, which may not be helpful at higher levels. I have a few meh pets like Auspicious Ox and then the rest are basically for looks. When I think of the Hatchmaking kiosk I feel like I'm mooching off others hard work. And getting a pet whose lame talents won't mess up the benefits of the kiosk pet to create a better than average pet is also hard. Plus I am very, very unlucky with talents and often manifest all the lame ones. I want to be able to say I made a really awesome pet with great talents that will benefit me and other players in the kiosk so I'm not mooching. So how is it done? How do I get a really good pet? Especially Balance?

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
Mackenzie Moondrea... on Aug 1, 2022 wrote:
Hi. My pets' talents usually aren't that great compared to other players pets(no offense to my pookies). I have one truly helpful pet and that is the Sultans Monkey, which may not be helpful at higher levels. I have a few meh pets like Auspicious Ox and then the rest are basically for looks. When I think of the Hatchmaking kiosk I feel like I'm mooching off others hard work. And getting a pet whose lame talents won't mess up the benefits of the kiosk pet to create a better than average pet is also hard. Plus I am very, very unlucky with talents and often manifest all the lame ones. I want to be able to say I made a really awesome pet with great talents that will benefit me and other players in the kiosk so I'm not mooching. So how is it done? How do I get a really good pet? Especially Balance?
Hey again!

Making a pet from scratch can be daunting, but here is a link to a helpful guide!

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Wizard101/comments/csyuwp/pets101_a_guide_for_making_your_first_perfect_pet/

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
Kyle IceWielder on Aug 12, 2022 wrote:
Hey again!

Making a pet from scratch can be daunting, but here is a link to a helpful guide!

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Wizard101/comments/csyuwp/pets101_a_guide_for_making_your_first_perfect_pet/
Thanks for the guide!