Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Scaradactyl mount camera issues.

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Apr 13, 2011
The Scaradactyl mount I got in the prehistoric bundle I purchased a long time ago, has this issue while you're riding it that the camera will fall below so you are stuck looking at its feet while you're flying, and you can't fix it until you go another area, and it will eventually happen again. It's the mount my myth wizard is using while questing through Azteca and I don't want to use another cause my pet is the Mythdactyl.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2014
This is a message for anybody wanting to buy large mounts, specifically the skyvern. When equipped the camera angle drops below the mount which in turn blocks the screen and than cuts off the view of the player. Only in some instances like entering the shopping district does the angle correct itself to above the mount and you can see the whole screen. Unfortunately, this only occurs for a split second before getting dropped below and the issues arise again. For those of you have other large mounts like the whale you may be aware of this issue. So far KI support doesn't seem to want to address the issue. After asking them a few times what is the correct camera angle, they dismiss me and say the camera is working as intended for that mount. This response does not make sense considering the mount provides two different angles. One thats above the mount and shows the whole screen (but rarely happens and when it does is for less than 5 seconds) and one that falls below the mount blocking the game play and your own character. If anyone else has had these issues and a non cooperative response from KI please include it here so maybe they can finally do something about it. I have spent alot of crowns trying to recieve the skyvern from the pack that drops it, only to find out it does nit work "as intended". Please consider this before purchasing any large mount and please respond if you have anything to add. Thank you.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2014
Hello, Thank you for your message. The something happens to my skyvern. When I told them about it they said the camera angle is working as intended. Which doesn't make sense because I told them there are two angles happening. One where it's above the mount and you can see the entire screen but only happens for less than 5 seconds and the other where it falls below and blocks the screen. Yet all they can say in multiple emails is that the "camera angle is working as intended". Seems like they don't want to help, yet I want a refund on all the crowns I spent trying to get this mount. Especially when they don't make us aware of the issue. It's extremely unfair that they don't want to speak of the issue.