Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Request to Dev Team - Can we Get More Graphical Settings?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 27, 2009
This is mostly a message for the dev team, but I am also curious to know if anyone else would want something similar. I would like to request that three main graphical settings be added into the game natively:

Some form of Anti-Aliasing;
Anisotropic Filtering;
View distance slider for NPCs.

Now, I understand that this is geared towards a younger audience and these would be more taxing on weaker computers. Moreover, some people might not know what the first two do. I believe that if you added these options, they should all be either off or on a low setting by default.

Interestingly enough, the game has an (what I assume to be) Anti-Aliasing feature called smoothing. However, as long as I have been playing the game, this setting does absolutely nothing in-game. All three of these settings are standard in nearly every PC game in existence. I am going to be making a seperate post about how there is a bug with the game where several animations appear faster than intended at frame rates over 60 FPS, but even these three settings would definitely be welcome.