Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Reduce Critical Healing

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
So I think we are already witnessing the effects of these spell nerfs on max level PvP, and it's exactly as we suspected- the school of Life is taking over. This is an issue with both Jades and critical healers, and it is such an important issue because it consistently leads to major frustration.

I hear that KI has plans in the works for revamping the resistance system in the hopes of making jading and immunity less of an issue in PvP. That's phenomenal and I really hope that it's true. I guess we will have to keep dealing with the jades until then (I say with visible frustration). I would love to hear confirmation that the new resist rating system will put an end to jades in 1v1, so if any of you know that from hearing news from the devs, please share that here as well. Or if the devs want to post here, that would be the best case scenario!

Here is my previous post from the test realm section which I still stand by. Sparck said he would relay this issue to the developers, which I appreciate so much. Just to be clear, this is about critical healing being an issue, but just to say it again, Jades are very, very much an issue as well. The increased backlash penalty from shrike, our most important tool to work against Jades, has made Jade strategies even harder to deal with.
-----------

This is coming from a 1v1 perspective at max level, but please feel free to chime in if any of you have thoughts about this in team PvP. Critical healing strategies had already been very difficult to deal with, and nearly impossible to overcome for some of the weaker damage output schools such as ice and balance (but really it is difficult for any school). Keep in mind that a lot of our attack power at max level comes from shadow spells. If we are overall weaker now on average, then critical healers will be even harder to defeat and thus will become a bigger issue.

Critical attacks only do 1.3x in PvP after that was changed years ago (we appreciate that!), but critical heals were not adjusted in this way. In fact, they actually do more than 2x the heal, which I don’t think everyone is aware of. Critical heals are actually boosted by 2.2x. In other words, a critical attack in PvP is boosted by 30%, but a critical heal is boosted by 120%. I strongly believe that healing should have viability in PvP, but healing in 1v1 had already been getting out of hand, and this update made it much worse. Critical heals should be reduced some amount from what they currently are, or we are going to be dealing with excessively frustrating matches, exactly like the “stalling” type of 1v1 matches against Jades.

I think critical healing needs to be balanced in a way that is still a viable strategy, but isn't able to be as overpowered as it currently is. I do not think a 4 pip heal should reliably heal 4k with a crit and incoming/outgoing stats. Put a sanctuary on top of that and we're talking a 5-6k heal for 4 pips. That's a bit over the top, wouldn't you agree? It far exceeds our damage output for that amount of pips, and that was even before these shadow spell adjustments.

At the end of the day, the big issue here is and always will be that something more needs to be done about stalling strategies in PvP. Sources of PvP frustration need to be reduced, and this is a MAJOR one.

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
How can we make life offensive pvp viable who suffers the most punishment after storm for being able to have any useful utility when going offensive. If lets say an critical FFA does 4k wide open how much of that should be healed off, we can go by a dependency on the strength of a spell so lets use a critical dryad for an example at 5 pips.

Im not gonna speak on jades because they are well apart of pvp and uses a defensive play style to win games, even if most of us don't agree its apart of the game just like one shot scions.

Survivor
Dec 29, 2008
I posted on your previous post about this and I still agree. The jades are back and it's possible to be immune across the board since set bonuses came out but like you said the devs are looking into fixing that (maybe with resist rating instead of percent?). Critical heals need a nerf in my opinion. Why should a heal do 2.2x when my attack does 1.3x the damage? Not only is it unfair it encourages people to just spam heals and wait out the opponent to run out of cards or just flee from frustration.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2019
It appears critical heals are now a 1.3x multiplier in PvP. They also changed it in PvE to be 1.3x but I'm hoping they change it back to 2.2x for PvE. It ruined my critical healer build for PvE and makes it inferior to an outgoing build now. There's now even less diversity for healer builds on PvE.

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
SirJaredSalty on Aug 6, 2020 wrote:
It appears critical heals are now a 1.3x multiplier in PvP. They also changed it in PvE to be 1.3x but I'm hoping they change it back to 2.2x for PvE. It ruined my critical healer build for PvE and makes it inferior to an outgoing build now. There's now even less diversity for healer builds on PvE.
They reverted it back, right? They should absolutely keep it at 2.2x in PvE, and 1.3x might be a bit drastic in PvP, even though that's what attack crits are. Maybe like 1.5x at least... Thoughts?