Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Request: Level 80 Dungeon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2020
Preface: To the wonderful dev team at Kingsisle: I'm aware this would take a fair bit of work on your part. This is a humble request, and while I'd be incredibly happy to see this as an added feature, we've lived without it for a while and can live a little longer.

As you can see from the title, I'd very much like to see a level 80 dungeon.

In terms of story, this would allow us to continue (probably conclude) the Briskbreeze/Zigazag questline, and explore some hidden corners of the spiral as related to that. What's Sekhmet up to? Who else is in on her conspiracy? What doors will the Bone Key unlock? All these and more are burning questions for the mid-level wizard!

Mechanically, and my primary reason for requesting this, it's about gear. Currently, wizards of all stripes use Waterworks gear practically until Darkmoor. While there are crafted boots that provide some small improvements, I personally used my Waterworks hat and robe until I replaced them with the Malistaire set. That's 40 levels, four whole worlds, with no new gear worth acquiring.

To address a potential criticism: I am aware that Aquila exists. However, the Poseidon gear from Atlantea and the Hades gear from Tartarus are not (in my opinion) well-balanced for the soloing wizard in the same way that Waterworks and Darkmoor gear are. Rather than request a full rework of Aquila gear, I thought that a new dungeon would adequately address these mechanical concerns, while also allowing for the story beats mentioned above.

To my fellow players: Are there any problems I did not address? Is there anything else that might improve this proposal? Does my assessment of the situation have any glaring errors? Feel free to comment!

Survivor
Mar 20, 2020
Well, in order to have a reason to put in a level 80 dungeon for the sake of gear means that there would have to be something wrong with the gear at hand. I don't really see a huge problem with keeping water works gear until level 100. If there is a big issue with that, then maybe there could be a change where you could do waterworks again at level 80 and it would grant new gear for level 80... the problem is that waterworks would be easier at level 80 and with a greater reward, which seems counterintuitive... I don't think there needs to be a new dungeon, but I agree that Aquila gear could be better. You can get pretty good stats on your wiz from levels 60-100 without any new level 80 gear.