Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Participation Trophy Reagent in Dire Need

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2013
I've been unable to complete the refined wand crafting badge because I haven't been able to get ANY participation trophies. I'm not a frequent duelist or any good at doing pet derby / daily quests due to not being able to log in all the time so it's hard to get the tickets needed in order to get the reagent.
Even when I try to get into a dueling session, I'm unable to due to nobody being available.
Fellow crafting wizards: can participation trophies be sold to the marketplace? If not what's the FASTEST way possible to get participation trophies. I'm tired of being behind.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
Hi Rain Siren,

I have seen many posts regarding the reagent Participation Trophy.
I did not PVP or pet derby to get mine, I had them all from doing daily assignments.
KI made the trophies as rewards for doing daily assignments shortly after the reagent
became available. It doesn't SHOW as a reward on the reward page, but they are there I assure you.

I have 6 wizards, so I had all the trophies I needed, I just looked in
the backpack of each wizard, and there they were in the reagent tab. If you only have
one wizard it may take you a bit to get all the trophies, but keep completing your daily
assignments and you will get there!

If you have more than one wizard, check the backpacks of all of them, be sure you don't already
have some you can transfer to your shared bank.

No PVP or pet derby is required, just do your daily assignments.

Hope this helps!

Autumn Wild Heart

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
RainSiren on Jan 2, 2020 wrote:
I've been unable to complete the refined wand crafting badge because I haven't been able to get ANY participation trophies. I'm not a frequent duelist or any good at doing pet derby / daily quests due to not being able to log in all the time so it's hard to get the tickets needed in order to get the reagent.
Even when I try to get into a dueling session, I'm unable to due to nobody being available.
Fellow crafting wizards: can participation trophies be sold to the marketplace? If not what's the FASTEST way possible to get participation trophies. I'm tired of being behind.
This is a problem for many who don't like PvP but also need the PT. The only other way at the moment is through Daily Assignments which "MIGHT" drop one on days 5,10 or 15. Even with that, it is nearly impossible to get.

I posted a while back asking KI to give us more options to obtain Participation Trophies but there has been no response here. @Sparck is aware of this as it was also posted to wizard101central.com

Survivor
Nov 20, 2015
we REALLY need additional options to getting the participation trophy please! Because of the known toxicity of PVP most of us just...don't....do it...please allow other options so we can finish crafting our current final assignment. Thank you!

Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
i did the daily with the chests on 7 of my wizards and never got a singal trophy not one so no you dont get it in your daily reward and if you did I think its a lie. i am not the only one i have a few other friends who has done it too and not one trophy not any from the daily and i have tried the pvp and cant even win a fight all i get is two tickets per defeat and that will never get me anywhere i hate losing everytime i try i cant even do the pvp daily because i cant even win a 1vs1 ranked pvp. As a paying wizard101 customer this is just not cool its been almost a year and i still cant finish my quest or go any higher in crafting.

Explorer
May 28, 2012
The trophies do not show up in the chat box as the rewards from the Daily Assignments normally do, but if you check your reagents after doing the dailies for a month you may have received one as there is only a chance for it. You don’t have the chance with every chest.

My smallest crowns account (2 wizards) have a total of 8 trophies (2 one on one, 6 on another). Next account has a total of 8 trophies and this was doing the dailies. They will not be able to craft the item as they are only levels 20-30 currently. I have been able to obtain the trophies on my two member’s accounts the same way. And this was only since January 1, 2019. And I do not PVP.

I realize that doing the dailies can be a drudge, but I currently do them on 16 wizards for different reasons. With diligence you too can obtain the necessary trophies as this quest is not required to advance in the crafting quests as Professor Falmea stated in her Producer’s letter for the month of December 2017.

But I do echo the request for having more option to obtain the participation trophy.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I got mine on the scrolls of fortune.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Cheryl Duskcrafter on Feb 12, 2020 wrote:
The trophies do not show up in the chat box as the rewards from the Daily Assignments normally do, but if you check your reagents after doing the dailies for a month you may have received one as there is only a chance for it. You don’t have the chance with every chest.

My smallest crowns account (2 wizards) have a total of 8 trophies (2 one on one, 6 on another). Next account has a total of 8 trophies and this was doing the dailies. They will not be able to craft the item as they are only levels 20-30 currently. I have been able to obtain the trophies on my two member’s accounts the same way. And this was only since January 1, 2019. And I do not PVP.

I realize that doing the dailies can be a drudge, but I currently do them on 16 wizards for different reasons. With diligence you too can obtain the necessary trophies as this quest is not required to advance in the crafting quests as Professor Falmea stated in her Producer’s letter for the month of December 2017.

But I do echo the request for having more option to obtain the participation trophy.
I have 12 wizards and not a single Participation Trophy on any of them. Dailies have gotten to the point they are boring. I don't PvP and I don't do the Scrolls of Fortune.

There should never be a requirement to PvP or the Scrolls to obtain a Reagent. But it seems it is becoming just that.

Defender
May 30, 2010
Like the guys adove said, do your daily. You will get it but it is just rare. The other way you can do it especially since you guys do not like PVP is sign up for 1v1 tourneys, go to the first match, and flee and login off of that character for a half hour or so (Depending on what type it is). Then once the tourney is over if you have crowns, you can reroll your tickets to get a little bit more. While you will get more tickets in 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4, the problem is you have to have friends who are willing to throw the entire tourney. So please if you are going to do this, just do 1v1 unless you have a group who is willing to leave a tourney

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Nordic Champion on Jan 2, 2020 wrote:
Hi Rain Siren,

I have seen many posts regarding the reagent Participation Trophy.
I did not PVP or pet derby to get mine, I had them all from doing daily assignments.
KI made the trophies as rewards for doing daily assignments shortly after the reagent
became available. It doesn't SHOW as a reward on the reward page, but they are there I assure you.

I have 6 wizards, so I had all the trophies I needed, I just looked in
the backpack of each wizard, and there they were in the reagent tab. If you only have
one wizard it may take you a bit to get all the trophies, but keep completing your daily
assignments and you will get there!

If you have more than one wizard, check the backpacks of all of them, be sure you don't already
have some you can transfer to your shared bank.

No PVP or pet derby is required, just do your daily assignments.

Hope this helps!

Autumn Wild Heart
Even with 12 wizards between 2 accounts, it can take a long time to get even 1 PT. None of my wizards has ever received a single PT and Daily Assignments has gotten to the point it is not only boring but also a chore.

I don't mind having to work for something but I don't intend to just grind to get it. I have seen posts of some players that don't PvP or Scrolls of Fortune (which I don't do either) take months to get enough PT to complete their crafting quest/task.

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
My sister and I both have accounts. We have been on wizard for almost 10 years now. This is by far the worst crafting nightmare KI has ever come up with. It takes forever and a day to get one participation trophy by doing the daily assignments. I have been trying for months with no luck... not even one. It appears they do not want to change the frustration levels of the players, especially not the young children that play.

KI has went downhill for some time now. PVP is a joke. No trophies from there for sure. I love to craft but I quit trying to craft the weapons that require the trophy which is unattainable. Maybe KI only allows their friends to have them.. who knows anymore.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
madison darkeyes on Feb 11, 2020 wrote:
i did the daily with the chests on 7 of my wizards and never got a singal trophy not one so no you dont get it in your daily reward and if you did I think its a lie. i am not the only one i have a few other friends who has done it too and not one trophy not any from the daily and i have tried the pvp and cant even win a fight all i get is two tickets per defeat and that will never get me anywhere i hate losing everytime i try i cant even do the pvp daily because i cant even win a 1vs1 ranked pvp. As a paying wizard101 customer this is just not cool its been almost a year and i still cant finish my quest or go any higher in crafting.
I received 6 Participation Trophies from Daily Assignments. You just had bad luck - that reagent drop is random. Calling people "liars" when you have no proof isn't right!

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
I do not ever pvp.
That being said.......and I don't lie..
Over the last year by doing daily quests on all of my wizards...
I now have nearly 40 Participation trophies acquired and
They are in my shared bank.
And I have used them as well on 2 wizards crafting the wand.
And I still have nearly 40 of them left.

So if I never PvP...then someone tell me how I acquired the trophies to make 2 separate wands that are required

I do not like when someone says you are lying when they have no proof what so ever. You do not get a Trophy every single day. They are random, and you don't know if you got one till you actually check your backpack for them. But Good Luck All...Happy Trophy Hunting!
Scarlet ShadowStone

Defender
May 30, 2010
You guys do realize that you do not need to craft this last crafting quest to continue crafting right? The refined wand is supposed to HARD. The participation trophies can be gotten though dailies rare or you can do 1v1 tourneys and just login off when the first match starts. It is not that hard. You will get 375 tickets or more if you have crowns to reroll.
I already have 3 refined wands though this method. (I would probably have more once I get more max levels)
Just try the second method as you get tickets though dailies and more tickets if you do the tourney method.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
anecorbie on Feb 18, 2020 wrote:
I received 6 Participation Trophies from Daily Assignments. You just had bad luck - that reagent drop is random. Calling people "liars" when you have no proof isn't right!
Please explain how having 12 wizards doing dailies and still NO Participation Trophies on a single one should work.

Nothing should be that hard to get for any crafting quest. Even the Potent Trap wasn't that hard.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
God life wizard on Feb 19, 2020 wrote:
You guys do realize that you do not need to craft this last crafting quest to continue crafting right? The refined wand is supposed to HARD. The participation trophies can be gotten though dailies rare or you can do 1v1 tourneys and just login off when the first match starts. It is not that hard. You will get 375 tickets or more if you have crowns to reroll.
I already have 3 refined wands though this method. (I would probably have more once I get more max levels)
Just try the second method as you get tickets though dailies and more tickets if you do the tourney method.
It is not the fact that it does not keep us from crafting in the next quest, but it is the fact that we do have it and the recipe and still can't get the Participation Trophies. Some of us have multiple wizards that have not received any PT's yet others claim to have more than enough to do the quest with many more to spare.

I do NOT PvP or buy the Scroll of Fortune, so it leaves only the Dailies. The whole thing is putting us in a position that if we want to finish the quest we are basically being forced to do something that does not appeal to us.

Yes, we are aware that it is supposed to be hard but not impossible, meaning, it should not take a year or more for any wizard to gain a reagent for one crafting quest.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
DragonLady1818 on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
Please explain how having 12 wizards doing dailies and still NO Participation Trophies on a single one should work.

Nothing should be that hard to get for any crafting quest. Even the Potent Trap wasn't that hard.
It isn't necessary for me to "explain" that; all I was saying was that calling people liars just because you had some bad luck in drops isn't right.. I said nothing about how easy it is, just that there is an alternative to doing pvp or joining tournaments.

Defender
May 30, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Feb 20, 2020 wrote:
It is not the fact that it does not keep us from crafting in the next quest, but it is the fact that we do have it and the recipe and still can't get the Participation Trophies. Some of us have multiple wizards that have not received any PT's yet others claim to have more than enough to do the quest with many more to spare.

I do NOT PvP or buy the Scroll of Fortune, so it leaves only the Dailies. The whole thing is putting us in a position that if we want to finish the quest we are basically being forced to do something that does not appeal to us.

Yes, we are aware that it is supposed to be hard but not impossible, meaning, it should not take a year or more for any wizard to gain a reagent for one crafting quest.
No pvp is not required. ALL I am saying is Sign up for a tourney and then LOGIN OFF of that character for 30 mins to a hour after you FLEE from your first match. You do not have to do one match. This is all I am saying. You WILL still get your tickets

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
God life wizard on Feb 21, 2020 wrote:
No pvp is not required. ALL I am saying is Sign up for a tourney and then LOGIN OFF of that character for 30 mins to a hour after you FLEE from your first match. You do not have to do one match. This is all I am saying. You WILL still get your tickets
And this requires either membership or crowns. While doing the daily is available to anyone.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
God life wizard on Feb 21, 2020 wrote:
That won't happen. As I said, I DON'T PvP and I won't sign up for a tourney just to flee and give another player a FALSE WIN.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
@Sparck, Something does need to change in regards to players obtaining the Participation Trophies.

I am at a point now that I am not running my two top wizards but will run my other 10 up to Mirage. As I have stated, I don't mind working for something but not to the point I am virtually forced to play events I don't like or enjoy.

Even allowing players to CRAFT the Participation Trophies would be better than what we are dealing with now.

Defender
May 30, 2010
DragonLady1818 on Feb 25, 2020 wrote:
That won't happen. As I said, I DON'T PvP and I won't sign up for a tourney just to flee and give another player a FALSE WIN.
then learn how to do it. Watch a streamer. Watch a youtube video. You do not need to be perfect at pvp. Or heck ask some of your friends to help you with a 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 and you can just stay there and jade and be immued.
But if you did not want to do pvp, just do dailys on ALL OF your characters. I have done it on 4 characters contastly and gotten a few on them. or heck buy the scroll and just get points though the spiral showcase the litterally easy event to do in the game

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
God life wizard on Mar 23, 2020 wrote:
then learn how to do it. Watch a streamer. Watch a youtube video. You do not need to be perfect at pvp. Or heck ask some of your friends to help you with a 2v2 or 3v3 or 4v4 and you can just stay there and jade and be immued.
But if you did not want to do pvp, just do dailys on ALL OF your characters. I have done it on 4 characters contastly and gotten a few on them. or heck buy the scroll and just get points though the spiral showcase the litterally easy event to do in the game
I don't PvP and have not since I tried it for a while with my first wizard. I WON'T PvP again for any reason.

I do Dailies on all 12 wizards and to date have NOT received a single PT. I am on a FIXED income with 2 small boys to raise so spending the money for Crowns to WASTE on Scrolls IS NOT AN OPTION.

The fact that Participation Trophies are even in a recipe is ridiculous. If it was in a recipe for STRICTLY PVP gear, I can guarantee you that MANY would be just as unhappy as those of us that don't PvP.

Please stop telling me and others that we should just do PvP, Scrolls or other events we are not interested in. The fact is that NO player should be virtually forced to do any event that we aren't interested in.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
I love PvP and I think that this is absolutely ridiculous. For starters, it's 5 trophies * 800 tickets each, so that's 4000 tickets. That's a lot of tickets. For someone who avoids PvP that must be nearly impossible to reach. I personally think that KI should leave the trophies in the Arena vendor but make better ways to acquire them, such as drops from bosses. If you only have one chance each day the player is robbed of their agency. If I want more Dragoon gear, I can grind longer. (As a side note, the Dragoon gear is awesome because you can slowly acquire pieces rather than being purely at the mercy of RNG for it) I can't grind longer when I'm limited to once a day. This needs a change.

Delver
Jun 17, 2012
I just checked my shared bank and I currently have 38 Participation Trophies and only 3 of them were from the Fall Scroll of Fortune. The other 35 were from daily assignment rewards. 6 wizards, daily assignments, not even every day. Just trying to prove I am not lying about how many you can acquire just from doing daily's. Keep doing them. It doesn't have to be every day. They may be boring to some, but that was not the intent of KI putting daily assignments in the game. It is my opinion that they put the assignments in the game for us to revisit places we don't go to anymore. A max level has no need to go to Dragonspyre or Wysteria. It's nice just to go there or battle an easy mob just for old times sake. If you are high level, it only takes mere minutes. I personally enjoy going all over the spiral and find it fun and relaxing to do daily's. Again, I don't do them every single day on every single wizard, (okay unless it's a Spiral Showcase ).

Pekron Reader