Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Make Myth minions relevant later in the game.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 23, 2010
This entire post is PVE focused.

Hey all. I am currently power questing my second Myth in Azteca, and it seems one of the reasons that people dislike myth so much (on reddit particularly) is because of the useless minions. I honestly can't help but agree with them. They aren't helpful at all, to be honest. All they're good for is using up your traps, then getting killed.

I feel that an easy way to do this would be to give them an increased damage stat, like mobs in Mirage and Empyrea. If not all of them, then at least on the Avalon minions. The buff could honestly be anywhere from 30 to 90 percent... minions are not practical at all if the enemy has 10k + health, and their minotaur only does the base 50 then 445 damage. Complete waste of pips and possibly a waste of universal traps, hence why people don't use them.

I also think they would benefit greatly from resistances. This applies specifically to the late late game, when mobs and bosses all have massive base damage boosts. It would be a bummer to use Talos just to have him die in one hit because of his lack of any resistance (even against Myth, his own school!).

My second idea has been thought of a million times by now, but people would use minions more if you could select what they do yourself. No, I don't want Vassanji to use Cyclops over Ninja Pigs, like dude you have 5 pips so USE THE STRONGER SPELL PLEASE

This last idea is kind of an alternate to my first idea. If they can't give a buff to minions themselves, then I also think that a "minion damage/resistance" stat would work well. It could either come from gear (while being more common on Myth gear), or could be given to the player as they progress through the game, like Power Pip chance is given to a player from levels 10 to 50. Maybe sidequests that power up your minions?

Again, everything here would apply to PVE specifically. They could just be no-PVP changes.

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
I have an idea! In the new update on Test right now, you are able to upgrade your spells into better versions of what they were before. Maybe this could work to make Minions stronger?