Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Seven Characters

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 23, 2014
This has probably been suggested before (I hope) but can we have a maximum of 7 characters instead of 6 in an account since there are 7 schools

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
anisalt on Oct 3, 2016 wrote:
This has probably been suggested before (I hope) but can we have a maximum of 7 characters instead of 6 in an account since there are 7 schools
not only has it been suggested before, but they (somewhat) addressed it on a previous KI Live event, where the host said that internally, it had been talked about, but that nothing had come of it YET

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
I think there was a post like this not too long ago that you could probably find.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
no because that makes kingsisles lose money

1 account: 12 $10 1month memberhips, and say $25 worth in crowns every 2 weeks in a 52 week year, that's $770 from just one account for one year... now if the game is at it is, and you want all 7 schools, you'll make a second account... and buy membership and crowns that's $1540 just by you alone.... and there being 45 million players, lets drop that too a reasonable 30M due to inactivity, and duplicate accounts $4.62e10 aka $4,620,000,000,000 if i'm correct, so yeah, having only 6 char limit and forcing players to make a second account is a great move in profit thatt is needed to keep this and pirates101 in full working order and keep updates

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
camahawk on Oct 4, 2016 wrote:

1 account: 12 $10 1month memberhips, and say $25 worth in crowns every 2 weeks in a 52 week year, that's $770 from just one account for one year... now if the game is at it is, and you want all 7 schools, you'll make a second account... and buy membership and crowns that's $1540 just by you alone.... and there being 45 million players, lets drop that too a reasonable 30M due to inactivity, and duplicate accounts $4.62e10 aka $4,620,000,000,000 if i'm correct, so yeah, having only 6 char limit and forcing players to make a second account is a great move in profit thatt is needed to keep this and pirates101 in full working order and keep updates
I heard a rumor that KI is reconsider that option to add the 7 wizard in after it was turned down a few times because more and more players are coming forward with this idea but it's only rumor. I too would like to see this idea go though

Explorer
Dec 08, 2010

I don't know about you, but I don't spend $770 a year on Wizard101. Yes, adding a seventh character would reduce profit, but I don't think that it would be to the extent of over four and a half trillion dollars.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
Money does come in to play for KI. They also know we are important too for forgiving them a pay check for good profit. So it's not just all about them.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
well the $770 is also buying membership each month and $25 crowns every two weeks..... every player is different with different amounts of money.... but thats just a quick calculated estimate to express the point

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
I would love a seventh wizard slot. Look at it this way: More wizards, more wizards to buy crowns for, spend crowns for, buy houses and top level gear for...win/win.

I lack one wizard school and for some reason it is that one which I keep winning the best gear on. Argh! I keep it until I win an even better one...then I sell the old stuff to make room in the bank. But I'd love to know if this were anywhere on the horizon. I keep getting out my spyglass and squinting through it...Lol.

If it were a hard 'no, never' I'd just sell all that school-only gear immediately. But, if KI ever implement a seventh wizard slot, I want to outfit the wizard with good gear right away...so he can level up more quickly. It hasn't been long ago I have gotten through some quests and I didn't find them all equally fun...

Survivor
Jan 29, 2014
I think the extra slot should at least be available for a crowns purchase, if not free. Gary Smith on Twitter said awhile back that only allowing 6 wizards per account was not a business decision, but rather having to do with the amount of chairs available in the character selection screen art. I really hope they do make this available!

Defender
Aug 25, 2014
I think KI could potentially earn more money in the long run if they were to make a 7th slot purchasable as opposed to relying on the small number of people paying for a 2nd account. Plus it would make players happy, which is always a bonus.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
camahawk on Oct 6, 2016 wrote:
well the $770 is also buying membership each month and $25 crowns every two weeks..... every player is different with different amounts of money.... but thats just a quick calculated estimate to express the point
It's a grossly exaggerated amount. I don't believe it's even close to average and W101 doesn't have even close to 30 million members. If KI was making that kind of money, they wouldn't have laid off many staff members earlier in the year. I'm pretty sure it would be big news if KI was making trillions. I think is would be HUGE news if they made even 0.01% of your estimate.

Squire
Oct 29, 2011
People make second accounts for more than just to have all schools, I would say that they would make the same profit either way.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2009
I agree, every test realm I always suggest a 7th Player, even if it cost us crowns to open it up. The same excuse that Ki needs to make money so won't do it, well if more people come forward and suggest, then they will see that we want it to happen! People will still make additional accounts to help them quest, to help their pet talents/stats,

Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I think that by adding a seventh character slot, Wizard101 would benefit in ways other than money. It would be doing the entire community a favor and will win more respect for KingsIsle. Thinking of the game as a whole, they would be making a huge step forward in creating a more perfect game. Granted nothing is perfect, I find that the reason the word "Perfect" exists is to give people something to strive for. That would mean more to me than money. I think if they really want money though, they will find ways for that seventh wizard to earn them more money. I remember reading someone suggest that wizards pay for the seventh slot in their account, but I don't remember who. I think that it may be appropriate to allow players to have more than seven wizards on their account simply by making each slot cost extra. They may find other ways to make money besides creating extra wizards, like making even more crowns shop items or increasing the price of certain items. There are a variety of other ways they can make money and I do believe that one day they will realize this.

Explorer
Dec 12, 2012

I disagree. Kingsisle wants to make people have fun, yes? It's making people stop Wizard101. Furthermore, it's not expanding the possibilities of Wizard101. I myself have deleted my junky wizards to make new ones- I could say the storyline right now for Unicorn. So- this post is wrong. And, a lot of people aren't going to make a second account

Survivor
Sep 12, 2009
Katie LifeSword on Nov 14, 2016 wrote:
I disagree. Kingsisle wants to make people have fun, yes? It's making people stop Wizard101. Furthermore, it's not expanding the possibilities of Wizard101. I myself have deleted my junky wizards to make new ones- I could say the storyline right now for Unicorn. So- this post is wrong. And, a lot of people aren't going to make a second account
Love what you just said.

I hardly see people create second accounts. Out of my 7 years of playing Wizard101, I've only seen around 5-10 people with two accounts.

The chance of people not creating second accounts is probably abysmal. People won't spent $20 a month for a game membership.

The chance of Kingsisle losing money is also abysmal. If they market it correctly, like making it cost money to unlock, then it would turn out to work just fine. Plus, every new world that gets released, their sales go up. This is because old players come back to the game, purchase membership, and beat the new world.

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I agree with Katie Lifesword and Eric56379"s post. Most people won't spend another membership to create a second account just for a 7th wizard for whatever reason they may have and those who goes to school most likely can't afford an extra one. I have a second account but it's not for a 7th wizard. It's to help myself in battle when I need it. Good and reliable help is hard to find these days specially when there's beggars by your side.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
frostednutella on Oct 9, 2016 wrote:
People make second accounts for more than just to have all schools, I would say that they would make the same profit either way.
I think not many people can afford two accounts.

I think if they had 7 or 8 characters they would supply 7 or 8 wizards instead of only 6.

So it is a question of two different groups of customers really.

In not answering the needs of the 2nd group they are denying themselves an income stream.

I see many more desks in the welcome screen than there are wizards.

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
A few have suggested KingsIsle request more money for a seventh wizard slot. OK maybe but hopefully they wouldn't make it cost prohibitive. I don't want a seventh wizard THAT badly. And I can't really see how it would cost KI a lot to make that slot available to us.
If anything we'd need to buy houses and pets and mounts and gear so to me it would bring in more $$. But I dunno obviously. Just guessing.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Woah, there are vast exaggerations on both sides here wow! I'll share my experience, so this is my opinion so don't get all bent out of shape. I personally attest that I've probably spent too much money/time on Wizard101, but I definitely don't think that it's $770 dollars a year. Not even close. Maybe like over 7 years if that. There are definitely more than 10 people with multiple accounts. That being said! The reason I have two accounts is that my cousin had fun playing and created their own account and I linked the accounts so that we could play at the same time. That being said there have been exactly 3 months that I've had a membership on both accounts at the same time. (They have to go to grandma's house in order to play, and during the school year their computer time is greatly limited, but I payed for it so that we could play together.) So during that time, there was a 2 week window where I had access to both accounts. And it was then that I had the option to play both accounts (and thus access to all 7 classes.) I did create the final school Storm and I tried it out. I wasn't really that impressed by it and actually ended up playing a Myth character that I also created (my Cousin plays a Fire). I actually enjoyed playing the Myth (which I already have) and just ended up playing it on that account until the membership ran out. That account will probably not get another membership unless my cousin plays again. So in conclusion, Yes, KI can get extra money for me paying for an extra account, but I don't consistently do that. Whereas if it was a 1 time crown purchase that money is solidly purchased and also there is still the chance that I'll get a second membership anyway. That's just my case, and I know that my experience is not necessarily everyone's. That being said, I see the sides of both arguments, and I feel that it's ultimately KI's decision and if they include it that would be great as I think there are ways to offset cost, but it's up to them.

Historian
Jun 17, 2014
exp613 on Nov 21, 2016 wrote:
Woah, there are vast exaggerations on both sides here wow! I'll share my experience, so this is my opinion so don't get all bent out of shape. I personally attest that I've probably spent too much money/time on Wizard101, but I definitely don't think that it's $770 dollars a year. Not even close. Maybe like over 7 years if that. There are definitely more than 10 people with multiple accounts. That being said! The reason I have two accounts is that my cousin had fun playing and created their own account and I linked the accounts so that we could play at the same time. That being said there have been exactly 3 months that I've had a membership on both accounts at the same time. (They have to go to grandma's house in order to play, and during the school year their computer time is greatly limited, but I payed for it so that we could play together.) So during that time, there was a 2 week window where I had access to both accounts. And it was then that I had the option to play both accounts (and thus access to all 7 classes.) I did create the final school Storm and I tried it out. I wasn't really that impressed by it and actually ended up playing a Myth character that I also created (my Cousin plays a Fire). I actually enjoyed playing the Myth (which I already have) and just ended up playing it on that account until the membership ran out. That account will probably not get another membership unless my cousin plays again. So in conclusion, Yes, KI can get extra money for me paying for an extra account, but I don't consistently do that. Whereas if it was a 1 time crown purchase that money is solidly purchased and also there is still the chance that I'll get a second membership anyway. That's just my case, and I know that my experience is not necessarily everyone's. That being said, I see the sides of both arguments, and I feel that it's ultimately KI's decision and if they include it that would be great as I think there are ways to offset cost, but it's up to them.
i did calculator math... $10 x 12 months is $120.. added $25 in crowns for every 2 weeks of the year... 26 weeks... you spend $650 on crowns... $770.... so yeah one year of buying membership and buying $25 membership every 2 weeks, the common paycheck timeframe....$770 a year... anywhoozers.... again it is 2 sided... both sides saying it's still going to need to be a purchase...

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
The calculations of $770 a year is correct but how many people do we really know can afford or willing to pay that much. Don't forget, most players go to school and/or don't have jobs. A lot of them may not have the money to pay $120 a year and if a person adds a second account, the cost for an extra membership alone would be a total of $240 a year. I don't see how this figure of math will help KI make as much as we think they would. But why are we talking about money. This topic is about "seven characters";are you interest in one or not and why. Not about money. Why not let KI worry about that

Champion
Feb 06, 2010

We are the ones trying to save money!!

I never understood why many people keep looking for things to cost US money.

Oh yeah KI please keep making us spend, and spend, and spend!!!!

I understand where you are coming from, but why do we (not just you) encourage KI to find ways to make us spend more money!!??

Did you forget who the audience is?

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Camahawk, I'm not arguing with your arithmetic, I'm just saying that in my experience that I a)don't buy $25 worth of crowns every other week and b) only get my second membership on occasion. (So it's not an extra 60, but rather I spent $15 for the second account.) Again though that's just my experience.

Blaze, I don't think the audience is as limited as you think it is, although....
I do agree with Patrick that the thread is about a seventh character, so I guess we should focus on that.

In an effort to get back on that track:

What is the character that you are missing? And why do you want that character?

For me I'm missing the character. The main reason why I'd want a Storm Character is so that I could do the school specific quests and learn more Storm Lore. I'd also like to just "complete the set."