Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connection issues

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
All of my characters are experiencing connection losses and I have tried the test realm and live realm. I am wondering if it is just me?, but I know I am at least not the only one. I lost connection the same time as another young wizard did in darkmoor. I usually never get a connection loss, but today it seems often. I have been able to connect to wizard101.com and other websites, after I disconnected from the game. Anyone else having this issue?

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi! You weren't the only one. There were a lot of sporadic server issues yesterday for a couple of hours in the late afternoon, but all is cleared up now and the tech wizards have things under control.

Sorry for the inconvenience and we will continue to monitor.

If you're still having issues connecting, please feel free to contact Customer Support for more assistance.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
Survivor
Feb 01, 2012
Yes, and its very frustrating. I have been having issues connecting for the last two days, sometimes it connects, sometimes you get a error 107 or 109 code, and sometimes it starts to connect then just forever spools on connecting to wizard 101 or connecting to server, but never actually connects. So yes, the issue is STILL there.

Survivor
Mar 13, 2012
Explorer
Apr 15, 2012
I have been having a lot of bad problems with the game lately.
It has been lagging and rubber banding a lot. My connection is perfectly fine
while browsing the internet or playing other PC games.

So I'm not sure what's going on, but I'd really like to see this looked into and fixed.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
oh my goodness please help guys! so I was playing wizard101 and the game crashed. I just went along with it and reloaded the game. but it keeps crashing. I have constant crashing every 20 minutes or so. its annoying because I wanna grind waterworks but I cant if my game keeps crashing. I just lately upgraded to windows 10 about 2 weeks ago and I was all fine, but today it keeped crashing and it was very annoying. I tried it on another computer to see if it would still do it and it did. I am not sure but maybe my wifi was just bad today but I am very frusterated. please help!

Anthony swift 110
steven soulstalker110
Anthony stormstalker 61

Survivor
Aug 24, 2011
Survivor
Aug 04, 2011
I know you guys at KI already probably know about this, but I feel better knowing for sure you do. I'm having connections issues and disconnecting about every 5 minutes,and the same thing happened to me yesterday (7/30/16). Earlier in the morning, though, I was doing fine! I thought you guys said you fixed it? Please fix it for real this time, thanks!

Survivor
Jun 23, 2013
This has been happening very often to me and i was in a battle and i lost it! Luckily it was not too important but im afriad its going to when im doing something really important just please fix this! I had to log out five times today cause of lost connect

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
In the past 3 or 4 days, me and many others have been having major connection problems. This doesn't usually happen, its fairly new. It happens every 30 minutes ago. It either pauses you for 5 minutes or it logs you out. It has caused some problems because we've been in battles while its happening. Me and all my friends checked our wifi connections and they were fine. Is there a reason for what's happening?

Thanks!
Angela Gem, 110
Katie GoldFountain, 110
Nicole StarSmith, 81

Survivor
Dec 31, 2009
I can concur, the server issues are still going on.
Yesterday, I had trouble even logging in, and when I did manage to get into the game I lost connection multiple times. Thankfully then, and today as well, it's stable enough to let me get some quests done before losing connection. However that doesn't change that I've lost connection four times today at least, each time I've been able to log back in without a problem - so I know it's not my internet at fault.
I hope that the server issues can be fixed soon!

Squire
Jul 04, 2012
Ya it hasn't stopped and it's extremely annoying! I had to completely discard a youtube video because of the connection errors. Please fix soon!

Angela Gem 110
Katie GoldFountain 110
Nicole StarSmith 82

Survivor
Jul 22, 2016
It looks like it's getting worse and worse. When the problems started on the 28th or 29th i only disconnected once or twice during a gaming session. A little annoying but since i am used to games crashing on me every hour or so thanks to having a crappy PC in the past, i didn't mind all too much.
Ever since then i have been disconnecting more and more. This morning i did my gardening and my daily members quest, which took around 15 minutes or so, and i disconnected twice during that time.
I don't know what's going on, but this isn't making a good impression on me. I am a new member to this game and i'm enjoying my time on Wizard101 very much, but it's really killing my will to play if i have to completely reboot the client every 15 minutes.

- if i try to enter an area, i disconnect 90% of the time
- if i try to leave an area, i disconnect 90% of the time
- if i am in a fight, there is a 10% chance that i will disconnect when it turns over to my turn
- i have a lot of rubberbanding/lag when walking around, where it will lose connection and then put me back 300 metres (or whatever measurement is used)
- the game occasionally rubberbands while fighting, making me lose 2-3 turns in a row while the enemy wails on me and builds up pips
- when i disconnect it completely closes down the client, which means i have to boot up the entire thing again

Again, i don't know what's going on, but please fix it soon. It is giving new(er) players like me a very sour taste in the mouth when you can only experience 10% of the game.

Gilroy Taleweaver 22

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have been able to stay in the game enough to tend gardens but the lag is horrible. I have not seen this kind of lag in a long time but it is affecting spell selection/discard during battle as well as gardening spells.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2010
is it this connection issues again that's why I have not played for the past years and now going through again why should I be a member if we cant get this resolved and not be able to play should be compensated would be helpful like crowns or equipment or a pet since this issues been going on for the past few days now cause it's to toontown now ugh. PLEASE resolve this since my ISP says it is not on their end.

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
I've been having sporadic connection issues for the past several days. The game suddenly develops severe lag and freezes up. Sometimes it kicks me off entirely. It hasn't caused me any serious problems in-game, but I would have appreciated something on the main screen telling us about this so I didn't waste an hour trying to debug my computer and wifi. I'm reluctant to run any gauntlets until this is fixed because I would be annoyed if the group disbanded as a result of the lag issues.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Is there any new news regarding the server connection issues?

I've been getting the broken connection icon all day. The problem is still alive and well

Survivor
Feb 21, 2013
i am still getting these Connection issues what a pain in the ...I start a game and then everything and have to start over loosing crowns which is money down the drain for me not happy

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
Very frustrating keep getting disconnected every 20minutes during fights you don't always survive because of the issues please fix it

Survivor
May 25, 2010
This is upsetting. I absolutely love everything about Wizard101 and have been along for the ride for several years, through all the updates and changes made to the game, I am finding these server issues to be the hardest to cope with. The game is absolutely unplayable right now. As stated, I love Wizard101 with all my heart, so I'll keep trying to quest and enjoy the game. But I disconnect 100% of the time when changing characters or switching realms, about 50% of the time when changing zones and if I stay in one area to avoid the earlier stated problems, I generally lose connection within twenty minutes regardless. This makes it impossible to do anything that requires more than fifteen or twenty minutes of connection. This problem seems to be widespread and hasn't happened before the release of the test realm. I hope this gets corrected soon. Happy questing all!

Survivor
Jun 29, 2013
I really do love the game, but it is getting quite frustrating with the connection problems.

I can't get through a single battle without experiencing a glitch or watching some monster walk through walls. A few days ago the game reported a virus, and now I'm afraid Wizard101 may damage my laptop.
I can tell the W101 team is trying to fix the issue because it disconnects much less, but please keep on it -this issue is still active!

Isabella NightBlossom 107

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
Still seems to be an issue today. KI, will this be resolved anytime soon? Any way to post something to give us a heads up about it?

Thanks

Survivor
Feb 19, 2011
We seem to be having those connection issues again. Starting to get a little annoying, to say the least. I've been kicked out or set back about a dozen times so far today on all accounts. It's a problem, you know? Thanks in advance.

Survivor
Mar 20, 2014
I have been experiencing the same issue for the past few days now, and it has completely ruined my gaming experience, especially since I just spent quite a bit of money on crowns and what not. I am hoping that not only the connection issue be resolved as soon as possible, but also perhaps a courtesy gift is given to players for the inconvenience, especially to those who are dedicated players who have stuck with Wizard101 for years now.

Thanks, and like the others here, I hope to see a reply by an administrator soon.