Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Annoying double discard

AuthorMessage
Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I have been away from the game a few months and restarted playing a couple of days ago. I am having a problem where discarding a card from my hand using right mouse click usually (not always) results in discarding 2 cards, the one I click on plus another at random from my hand. This is very annoying and makes duels very hard. Can anyone suggest a fix or workaround for this problem, or tell me what causes it? I don't remember having this trouble when I last played, and I am using the the same computer and mouse. It is a hardwired laser mouse connected to a desktop computer running windows 10.

Googling this reveals several old threads complaining of the same issue, but all the ones I found are at least 7 years old. It seems to me this must be an understood issue by now but I haven't found a useful write-up.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
My problem seems to have been caused by a faulty mouse, not anything on KingsIsle's end. To those experiencing a similar problem, I suggest googling "mouse test" and testing your mouse to see if may be sending erroneous double clicks. If so you may be able to get some relief by adjusting the double click recognition speed in windows. Replacing the mouse need not be expensive. I ordered a new one from Amazon for just $4 USD including shipping, but it did take a couple of weeks to show up.