Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

choosing a name for character .

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2019
my name is Lloyd but can't find this name anywhere on the game i can find other names. but i hope can you put a Lloyd name .

i been loved your game and wizard 101 . heard it from a friends on youtuber. but haven't played it i only saw it at you tube and heard it how it is fun from few you tuber friends.

if there is no my name on the game i don't know which name to use to create a wizard name.
i hope any one can tell me?

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
chocolatiercoffeep... on Jan 19, 2021 wrote:
my name is Lloyd but can't find this name anywhere on the game i can find other names. but i hope can you put a Lloyd name .

i been loved your game and wizard 101 . heard it from a friends on youtuber. but haven't played it i only saw it at you tube and heard it how it is fun from few you tuber friends.

if there is no my name on the game i don't know which name to use to create a wizard name.
i hope any one can tell me?
You can just make up a name for you wizard thats not even a real name like Wolf or something.

Explorer
Mar 04, 2018
When you create a character in Wizard101, it gives you something that looks like a name machine with random names, so I don't know how many and what names there are.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
I understand the wish to name your wizard after your real name, but sometimes this isn't a good idea; especially if you let it be known that it's your real name. That's private information and shouldn't be shared. Go through the names list given during character creation, maybe you can find something similar or even a different name you like!

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
I have a question. Is sharing your age THAT dangerous?, the only thing a person could get from that is a sort of sketch in his mind of how you look like ish and how you will act, technically even if you share what region you live in wont give anyone enough information to do anything bad to you knowing that a person is 15 years old and lives in east Bulgaria wont give them enough information to know anywhere close to who you are, there are probably 1000 or maybe even close to 10000 people that are 15 and live in eastern Bulgaria.

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Jan 31, 2021 wrote:
I have a question. Is sharing your age THAT dangerous?, the only thing a person could get from that is a sort of sketch in his mind of how you look like ish and how you will act, technically even if you share what region you live in wont give anyone enough information to do anything bad to you knowing that a person is 15 years old and lives in east Bulgaria wont give them enough information to know anywhere close to who you are, there are probably 1000 or maybe even close to 10000 people that are 15 and live in eastern Bulgaria.
Doesn't matter that you think it's not dangerous - it's KI policy that we don't share personal information, asking for or giving information can cause you to be banned from the game. Giving personal information over the internet is dangerous.
And what does your comment have to do about names?

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
anecorbie on Feb 1, 2021 wrote:
Doesn't matter that you think it's not dangerous - it's KI policy that we don't share personal information, asking for or giving information can cause you to be banned from the game. Giving personal information over the internet is dangerous.
And what does your comment have to do about names?
I am just asking a question, is giving you age dangerous? and the reason it has to do with this is because you said its not good sharing your real name.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2020
Coyle IceBalanceSt... on Feb 2, 2021 wrote:
I am just asking a question, is giving you age dangerous? and the reason it has to do with this is because you said its not good sharing your real name.
I'd say that It's just not beneficial to you and can harm you in the future in giving your age, name, and other potentially sensitive information to strangers over the internet for reasons that are more like common sense of security of private information

Delver
Sep 13, 2016
SmiteMario on Feb 13, 2021 wrote:
I'd say that It's just not beneficial to you and can harm you in the future in giving your age, name, and other potentially sensitive information to strangers over the internet for reasons that are more like common sense of security of private information
I was only talking about age, specifically age.