Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crown Sale Mystery-Discount

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
I guess am putting this one under dorms as a suggestion from a business perspective.
I think most people would agree that reg crown price as of right now is a bit excessive,80 bucs for 60k crowns is basically saying your paying more for less. In my honest opinion 60k at 60 dollars or 1000 crowns per dollar seems a bit reasonable and fair per say, basically saying you pay for what you get. So when I entered the code as a test before initiating the check out menu I noticed i got 30% off on all purchases.

As i switched to another account I saw one for 15% another for 20% and so forth then something clicked at the back of my head. Why is this even a thing? and if it's to incentivize spending why not just do a reg crown sale for all accounts across the board. Wouldn't this be a better method of having more players spend more knowing that they all have equal opportunity of gaining the same? I mean like what if someone wanted 60k x3 but the sale is only 15% verses someone who only buys 1 60k work for 50% rofl. Yall get the picture here?

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
It has been a LONG time since we got a crowns sale. I would love for us to get one again as that is the primary way I am able to afford playing this game. I wanted to take advantage of the mystery discount this year but, for the ninth year in a row, I only got the 10% discount. Are there any plans to bring back the crowns sale so I can continue playing?

Delver
Aug 07, 2012
Totally agree with both of you. I only got a 10% discount when I checked. So not worth that. After taxes/charges, the $100 price comes to $96. I long for the $60 for 60,000 crowns...or something equivalent to $1 for 1000 crowns. Myself and others have requested a crown sale for some time now. Guess KI isn't listening. There is a crown event weekend but hey no crown sale. Tis the season of giving but how can one gift a friend or fellow player without crowns to spare.???? It would be to KI advantage to have a crown sale which focuses on ALL players not just new players who seem to get the benefits now with membership. Maybe instead of paying yearly, I should change to a month here and maybe..just maybe another month...or stop playing altogether.

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
Yeah, a lot of my friends stopped playing when the game's balancing started to shift towards pvp players. This is also coupled with the fact they started charging for stuff when it was requested years ago. Magic mirror, 7th character slot, etc. Then they took the report feature away from crowns players, and gave it to members. Many of my friends quit overtime as a result. I really like this game but if I cannot even get ONE sale or benefit as a crowns player, I may be next in line to leave sadly. I do not have the desire or funds during this pandemic to keep up with a membership after I already bought the zones. I want to reload my wallet with a sale but it seems they only cater to members now. And once my one month member ends, I will be further alienated from the community and not be able to post to the forums.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Yes, but today they did have the best Crown sale, for the first time in quite some while. (Thanks, KI).

-Indigo

Survivor
Feb 27, 2011
I am super happy about that. Although the one day only was kinda surprising to me.