Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It's Not Fair

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 16, 2012
In my opinion, receiving only 10 crowns for watching some video on the Internet is not good enough. People should earn at least 1,000 crowns for every one video because:

I) it's less time consuming therefore less stressful.
II) It's pointless to receive only 10 crowns.
III) These videos would be viewed a lot more if the crowns reward was a lot higher.
IV) Players could get stuff they wanted or even needed from the crowns shop to complete quests, side quests, gardening, crafting or even simply buying items for their houses or dorm rooms.

That's all I have to say for now.

Daniel Deathcaster
Level 67 Death Wizard

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
WizardKing1332 on Dec 25, 2016 wrote:
In my opinion, receiving only 10 crowns for watching some video on the Internet is not good enough. People should earn at least 1,000 crowns for every one video because:

III) These videos would be viewed a lot more if the crowns reward was a lot higher.
IV) Players could get stuff they wanted or even needed from the crowns shop to complete quests, side quests, gardening, crafting or even simply buying items for their houses or dorm rooms.

Daniel Deathcaster
Level 67 Death Wizard
Elaborate; to what video are you exactly referring to?

Survivor
Jul 28, 2016
1000 Would be too OP, Bottom line, I do agree that 10 crowns seems a little low considering how some live off those crowns from watching vids. I think it could be more balanced at a number such as, 25-50 or anywhere in that range to where it's not too much, but again not too little.

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
It is plenty fair. How many things in life come FREE?

Besides, watching videos aren't the only way to earn free crowns. You can also earn some from daily rewards, quizzes and fan site contests.

It's Christmas for goodness sakes, be thankful opportunities like that even exist. Many games don't have that option.

Happy Holidays ~

Survivor
Sep 04, 2016

Daniel Deathcaster
Level 67 Death Wizard
Maybe they should give 25 crowns but 1000? That's kinda crazy.
If you think about, people buying crowns/membership is what makes the game run and continue to grow. They added this feature so people could get crowns slowly, in small amounts, but its free. It took me 8 minutes to get 150 crowns. Or if you get bored let your siblings do it (if you have any). They can do something else while is loading or you can even do that.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010

Daniel Deathcaster
Level 67 Death Wizard
Definitely to 1000 that is way too much, maybe 50-100 I think it would be good around the 75 mark.

Survivor
Nov 09, 2015
how can you even get crowns with videos ? I never heard of it tell me why!

Survivor
Aug 16, 2012
ChristinaFuzzy, i

f you log into Wizard101 the game and click on the "earn crowns" button, the game will automatically show a video and I've been told you have to watch the entire video right to the end to get the crowns.

To everyone else who replied to my complaint: after I read your replies, opinions and feedback I had realized and agreed that 1000 crowns would indeed be to many crowns for anyone to earn from just watching one video. I now find it obvious that I was clearly overracting. I'm really sorry for my behavior. I just need to see and focus on the positive side and things will work out for the best.

Thank you for your feedback everyone and again I'm very sorry for my complaint.

Daniel Deathcaster
Level 67 Death Wizard

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
10 Crowns does seem a bit low, but they're free. KI is generating revenue from the ads people are watching, but that extra layer of generating revenue comes with an additional hit to their bottom line needing staff to manage it. Not knowing the numbers, I can't say what would be a fair number, or even that 10 Crowns is unfair.

What is fair is that KI is offering an opportunity for people who maybe can't afford to buy Crowns a means to acquire them. My company doesn't offer anything to our customers where if they don't have the money to buy something, they can get it for free by watching videos.

Explorer
Sep 25, 2012
As someone who relies heavily on crowns, I agree. I've spent over $400 on crowns alone, and it took me years of buying packs to get the hydra mount. I say that we should get just enough to buy a pack for every advertisement we watch (which, I might add, doesn't always work). It would make the game slightly more friendly to free players, as higher level areas tend to cost more (6,000 crowns for mount olympus? Come on!) The game is already time consuming, so why not at least ease the boringness of advertisements? Besides, they break immersion, like, a lot. I can't even begin to go into how many times I've been tending to my garden when suddenly, I'm out of energy. Uh-oh! Better watch 25 ads so I can refill my energy! Additionally, my best friend just got the membership/crowns bundle, but I really hate asking him (or people in general) for gifts (barring the fact that it's the holiday season) because it makes me feel like I'm taking advantage. So please, if you're going to give us crowns for watching ads, can you please crank it up to like, 200? 10,000 would be ridiculous and would cause KingsIsle to go bankrupt. 10 crowns is, if anything, disrespectful to our time as a player. I could go down to Dollar General (on foot, mind), buy a $10 card, get home, AND redeem it in the time it would take to watch enough ads to get even half of that (5000 crowns from a $10 card). Is our time really worth that much less than our money?

Astrologist
Feb 28, 2014
I feel it's not fair when every time I throw crowns in a chest, the price goes up. So I can easily spend several thousands of crowns trying to get one item I cant get from drops after numerous times of trying. I'm not made out of money and earning crowns take up a lot of game time I don't have.So why not make it the same price for an example: 100, 100, 100; or make it from 50 to 500 max so it's more fair to school kids who can't afford crowns and don't have much game time to earn them

Survivor
Nov 09, 2015
WizardKing1332 on Dec 26, 2016 wrote:
ChristinaFuzzy, i

f you log into Wizard101 the game and click on the "earn crowns" button, the game will automatically show a video and I've been told you have to watch the entire video right to the end to get the crowns.

To everyone else who replied to my complaint: after I read your replies, opinions and feedback I had realized and agreed that 1000 crowns would indeed be to many crowns for anyone to earn from just watching one video. I now find it obvious that I was clearly overracting. I'm really sorry for my behavior. I just need to see and focus on the positive side and things will work out for the best.

Thank you for your feedback everyone and again I'm very sorry for my complaint.

Daniel Deathcaster
Level 67 Death Wizard
I already tried that it won't let me

your balance wiz. Christinafuzzy,

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
10 crowns is low, I admit, but 1,000 is DEFINITELY way too high for one video. That is certainly classified as free-loading. And Kingsisle is certainly not for just giving you the game for free.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
10 is perfectly fair. Consider yourself lucky. You are getting free crowns that aren't available to all players. Many of us don't even have the option to watch for free crowns. We all can get 100 per day for trivia, the videos are extra free crowns for only some players.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
I cannot help but to find it comical that the OP is complaining about the fairness of only receiving 10 free Crowns by watching videos.

Videos that I (still) cannot access because I am a Mac user.

Hope that helps your perspective.

Best of luck!
S.S.