Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

buff fire dragon

AuthorMessage
Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Please Kingsisle you need to buff fire dragon, it is incredibly weak, meteor strike is stronger than it with colossal on both of them and that is not right. Its because of the dot and in my opinion dots are completely rubbish in pve, not sure about PvP. I suggest buffing the damage to 570 as apposed to 440 and get rid of the dot. At the state its in right now its weaker than scarecrow which deals 583 damage which is definitely not right

Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
Why are you fire if you don't like DOTs? Lets take fires DOTs away, and Lifes healing spells, and deaths drains, and myths minions and double hits. Lets take away Ices shields and massive health. Lets make all wizards the same!

How about no.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
jordan night blood on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
Please Kingsisle you need to buff fire dragon, it is incredibly weak, meteor strike is stronger than it with colossal on both of them and that is not right. Its because of the dot and in my opinion dots are completely rubbish in pve, not sure about PvP. I suggest buffing the damage to 570 as apposed to 440 and get rid of the dot. At the state its in right now its weaker than scarecrow which deals 583 damage which is definitely not right
Fire Dragon is fine the way it is man.

Dot's are excellent in PvE as well! Keep in mind that they break shields and provide a more technical play if used efficiently.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
really? Meteor is stronger??? Meteor is 345 max before buffing, and fire dragon is 791, with 440 on the first hit! Dragon is just fine

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jordan night blood on Dec 12, 2016 wrote:
I like my fire dragon just fine. If you buff yourself as well as the spell, place a couple of traps, fire dragon can do quite a bit of damage just on the hit alone. You might think DoT's are rubbish but many of us like them.

Your own gear stats are also going to make a difference in how any spell hits.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Fire is one of the most overpowered schools as is, how could you possibly want even more.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
Seriously? Why are you fire then? Make a storm if you just care about damage.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
Luke ShadowHunter on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
Seriously? Why are you fire then? Make a storm if you just care about damage.
Storm is annoying, too low health. Fire is a perfect balance between damage and health except for what I mentioned, maybe if they changed rain of fire to flat damage instead of fire dragon.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
dayerider on Dec 13, 2016 wrote:
really? Meteor is stronger??? Meteor is 345 max before buffing, and fire dragon is 791, with 440 on the first hit! Dragon is just fine
Meteor is 345 and fire dragon is 440, yes, but when you take into account putting colossal and epic on it, meteor does more base damage which is far better than some crumby dot

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
jordan night blood on Dec 14, 2016 wrote:
Meteor is 345 and fire dragon is 440, yes, but when you take into account putting colossal and epic on it, meteor does more base damage which is far better than some crumby dot
If you don't like it, don't use it. You should try upgrading your own stats to add more damage to Fire Dragon. I use that spell a lot against mobs especially and when I have buffed up my wizard and the Spell, I have seen it do more than enough damage to take them out in one hit. They can also do considerable damage to a few bosses.

But as I said, if you don't like it, don't use it. I certainly don't use spells I don't like but others might.

Fire Dragon is fine just as it is.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Colossal Meteor = 580-620
Colossal Dragon = 578+489

For 2 extra damage, you're making quite a fuss.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
Storm is annoying, too low health. Fire is a perfect balance between damage and health except for what I mentioned, maybe if they changed rain of fire to flat damage instead of fire dragon.
Why do you want to get rid of what makes a fire wizard a fire wizard. Its dumb the fire spells are one the way they are. Like I said if you don't like dots change schools. simple