Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death Draconian's Change

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Hello, I just saw that Needful Things,
The Death Draconian from Beastmoon's spell has been changed from 2 to 1 pip.

That's good! I'm glad to see an improvement because this spell is an excellent idea
however it was unfortunately not worth using at all previously.
I'm looking forward to testing if it has a significant influence in battle.

Some Suggestions to consider:
1) Since the Death Pig and the Ice Krok can hold 2 pips, and they are very similar to the Death Draconian, I believe it would be fitting if he can hold 2 pips as well.
That's because: the Death Pig is able to do 2 pips for 200 damage, (can hold 2 pips)
while Ice Krok can do 3 pips for 225 damage. (can hold 2 pips)
Death Draconian can do 3 pips for 200 damage. (can hold 1 pip)
It is full of a lot of 5 pip aoes, which are very hard to use when starting with so little pips.
It's drain is 2 pips for 100, while it's trap is only 75, while Death Pig's is 3 pips for 150 and has a 100 trap for 1 pip.
I understand if the developers do not think that it should hold 2 pips,
however, I just wanted to point this information out. Please think about it.

2) An idea that came to me was: perhaps the Healing Card that the enemy gets from Needful Things could be a 0 pip Overtime Heal so that it can actually be something that players are more easily tricked into using.
The idea is that players would see a 0 pip healing spell, use it but this would turn out to be a trap.

3) Something else:
a lot of players confuse the Death Draconian for the Life one due to their very similar appearance.
Both are brown, both have yellow in their outfit, and the exact same wings/everything else.
So they never give it the Blade that it needs to get the most out of it's 3 pip 200 spell.

A solution that shouldn't be too difficult is to use the Undead Draconian model from Dragonspyre.
This model is a Reskin (not a complete different shape) of the Original draconian model.
The difference is that it has holes in the wings, and has a skeletal appearance.
I think it's very beautiful, and I'd love to see it one day in the future.
I've heard that you are planning to replace it only after the model has been updated.
However, personally, I don't think the model needs to be updated heavily.
Please don't change it's iconic appearance to something too different than what it is now.
Many players love the Undead Draconian model.
It has the same shape as the original one,
so all it's animations should be already available including Swimming and Jumping ones.
I understand it is your choice.

Thank you for your attention, and I'm happy to see that Needful Things has been looked at.
It would be great if it is on the same level as Pacify and Taunt, in terms of effectiveness.
Since the Death Drac, came with the Ice Fairy and Fire Cyclops who had these unique manipulation spells.
Good luck! Beastmoon is an amazing event, and I love to see it evolve with new options. It's really special.

Survivor
Jan 23, 2010
Drakula666 on Nov 11, 2021 wrote:
Hello, I just saw that Needful Things,
The Death Draconian from Beastmoon's spell has been changed from 2 to 1 pip.

That's good! I'm glad to see an improvement because this spell is an excellent idea
however it was unfortunately not worth using at all previously.
I'm looking forward to testing if it has a significant influence in battle.

Some Suggestions to consider:
1) Since the Death Pig and the Ice Krok can hold 2 pips, and they are very similar to the Death Draconian, I believe it would be fitting if he can hold 2 pips as well.
That's because: the Death Pig is able to do 2 pips for 200 damage, (can hold 2 pips)
while Ice Krok can do 3 pips for 225 damage. (can hold 2 pips)
Death Draconian can do 3 pips for 200 damage. (can hold 1 pip)
It is full of a lot of 5 pip aoes, which are very hard to use when starting with so little pips.
It's drain is 2 pips for 100, while it's trap is only 75, while Death Pig's is 3 pips for 150 and has a 100 trap for 1 pip.
I understand if the developers do not think that it should hold 2 pips,
however, I just wanted to point this information out. Please think about it.

2) An idea that came to me was: perhaps the Healing Card that the enemy gets from Needful Things could be a 0 pip Overtime Heal so that it can actually be something that players are more easily tricked into using.
The idea is that players would see a 0 pip healing spell, use it but this would turn out to be a trap.

3) Something else:
a lot of players confuse the Death Draconian for the Life one due to their very similar appearance.
Both are brown, both have yellow in their outfit, and the exact same wings/everything else.
So they never give it the Blade that it needs to get the most out of it's 3 pip 200 spell.

A solution that shouldn't be too difficult is to use the Undead Draconian model from Dragonspyre.
This model is a Reskin (not a complete different shape) of the Original draconian model.
The difference is that it has holes in the wings, and has a skeletal appearance.
I think it's very beautiful, and I'd love to see it one day in the future.
I've heard that you are planning to replace it only after the model has been updated.
However, personally, I don't think the model needs to be updated heavily.
Please don't change it's iconic appearance to something too different than what it is now.
Many players love the Undead Draconian model.
It has the same shape as the original one,
so all it's animations should be already available including Swimming and Jumping ones.
I understand it is your choice.

Thank you for your attention, and I'm happy to see that Needful Things has been looked at.
It would be great if it is on the same level as Pacify and Taunt, in terms of effectiveness.
Since the Death Drac, came with the Ice Fairy and Fire Cyclops who had these unique manipulation spells.
Good luck! Beastmoon is an amazing event, and I love to see it evolve with new options. It's really special.
I'm now thinking maybe this should be moved to "Events/Gauntlets"
or maybe the Bug section. I'm not sure.

Starting to think maybe Needful Things should be a zero pip spell if it's effect is relatively minor.
I just wish it is a spell worth using because I find it very unique and interesting.