Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Almost Max to Max

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
I am a pet training, and hatching enthusiast in Wiz101. I do other activities as well, but the bulk of my time is spent with hatching, and making desirable pets. I then share these pets with others, and help them make good pets. Over the years doing this I have noticed something interesting when a pets numerical stat reaches one less than max. The whole process seems pretty random until this point, and then the bridge from almost there to there seems to widen exponentially. The average attempt to reach this seems to be around 4-5 hatches, but in the years doing this I have come across some that I label "Legendary Difficulty". My current experiment involves raising a pets power from 249 to 250, the other stats long since being maxed. As of today, my 54th attempt, and approx 7,000 crowns used for this specific task, she still sits at 249 power. I think this is a bit excessive, and the almost max to max bridge should be considered for a significant "nerf" improvement. Now please don't get me wrong. I enjoy hatching, and I certainly am not complaining about the time, and crowns spent in this endeavor. Its my choice to do this, and I am undeterred. I will continue to hatch until she reaches max. I am thinking of the average person who hatches, and comes across this impenetrable "Trojan Wall", and simply gives up. As for examples, my current pet is not even the worst I have come across. I spent almost 14 months trying to raise a fragmented dragon to max. I didn't keep a count then, but at several attempts per week, it would have easily been over 100. Has anyone else come across this? I would love to hear your thoughts on this matter.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Of course since posting this..... the very next day, i hatched and she went to max on the 55th attempt. It's almost as if Sparck is lurking around the corner, watching and messing with me.

Happy Spiraling!