Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lore-master Spell drop rate.

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Does anyone have an idea of the drop rates %? also been farming 3 days straight only to get 5 spells of others schools other than fire. Winter moon, headless, deerknight, samoorai, and athena.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Hi
For headless krampus and the ice deerknight it's look like 5% only during special period (halloween and christmas/christmas in july)
For the other it's closer to 1.5% all year and the probability decrease each time you get one (cuz you can't get 2 time the same spell)

Thats not official thats just an estimation made by my own experience and many information took on google.

hope this will help you

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
Stormwind 8108 on Oct 24, 2020 wrote:
Hi
For headless krampus and the ice deerknight it's look like 5% only during special period (halloween and christmas/christmas in july)
For the other it's closer to 1.5% all year and the probability decrease each time you get one (cuz you can't get 2 time the same spell)

Thats not official thats just an estimation made by my own experience and many information took on google.

hope this will help you
Perhaps, but just goes to show how bad it is really and not even remotely worth the effort of spending money on.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
angellifeheart on Oct 27, 2020 wrote:
Perhaps, but just goes to show how bad it is really and not even remotely worth the effort of spending money on.
KI has stated Loremaster isnt working correctly, and that they want to fix it. I think the best thing they can do is to make her drop Spellements for the spells so you can bankshare them and give the spellements to the right wizard for the spells they want. That would end the Fire wizard getting a death spell they dont want type of thing

Geographer
Sep 30, 2018
dayerider on Oct 27, 2020 wrote:
KI has stated Loremaster isnt working correctly, and that they want to fix it. I think the best thing they can do is to make her drop Spellements for the spells so you can bankshare them and give the spellements to the right wizard for the spells they want. That would end the Fire wizard getting a death spell they dont want type of thing
I understand that, but i think it be way more easier to move spell drops to various bosses around the spiral with better or matching drop rates as catch of the day or burning rampage.

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
I have been farming her for years with different wizards, and I have the impression that the drop rate for spells has fallen off significantly. But I have not kept any records, so I can't support my impression with any statistics. But my older wizards seem to have picked up a lot more of her spells - ore quickly - than the young 'uns are doing.

I like your idea of having her also drop spellements, Dayrider.

-Michael

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
One idea I've talked about before that could fix one of the many problems with Loremaster is this: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/a-guaranteed-drop-system-8ad6a4277471ed630174a493443d2b56?page=1. I really dislike the way we are able to obtain spells from Loremaster. It doesn't feel fun at all. I've done about 200 runs and I've only ever gotten Krampus and that was around Christmas.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
Indigo Ring on Oct 27, 2020 wrote:
I have been farming her for years with different wizards, and I have the impression that the drop rate for spells has fallen off significantly. But I have not kept any records, so I can't support my impression with any statistics. But my older wizards seem to have picked up a lot more of her spells - ore quickly - than the young 'uns are doing.

I like your idea of having her also drop spellements, Dayrider.

-Michael
The probability decrease each time new spell are added to her drop table cuz that reduce the chance of getting specific spell and that add also the tcs that reduce the chance of getting a spell.

I like also the spellements drop i don't remember if thats true but last year she were dropping reindeer knight spellement (so even less chance to get spell i know)

My conclusion, is loremaster is good to farm seasonal spells headless/reindeer/krampus they are hard to get but after a day or too of intense farming you get them (most of the time) but for all the other spells its actually better to farm dimachaerus and hunt for tc to craft it cuz if you need to fight her 100 times to get a single spell and if you get another school one...you probably not happy at all.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2020
Again what you do in that problem is you increase the drop rate not lower so ppl always get something we are upset that days go by and nothing of use

Explorer
Nov 23, 2011
Stormwind 8108: "The probability decrease each time new spell are added to her drop table cuz that reduce the chance of getting specific spell and that add also the tcs that reduce the chance of getting a spell."

Si, but my point is that my newer wizards farming now are receiving spell drops at a much slower rate than my wizards farming in years past.

Could just be random swings, of course.

-Indigo

Survivor
Sep 09, 2013
Why is loremaster the only boss that drops all the spell with all the world's that have come out since dragonspyre besides side bosses?

Survivor
Sep 09, 2013
Couldn't you make a boss for the school spell you want like a life loremaster for the life spell dropped spells a death loremaster for death an so on?

Defender
Dec 20, 2008
jason102579 on Feb 2, 2021 wrote:
Couldn't you make a boss for the school spell you want like a life loremaster for the life spell dropped spells a death loremaster for death an so on?
KI probably could but it would split the amount of players going for each loremaster. So, it would take a lot longer for each queue per loremaster fight.

Delver
Jun 10, 2012
jason102579 on Feb 2, 2021 wrote:
Why is loremaster the only boss that drops all the spell with all the world's that have come out since dragonspyre besides side bosses?
loremaster drop nearly all lore spells of course but few boss on mooshu drop some (got samoorai on shirataki first boss and a friend got ninja pig on a myth boss in yoshihito part if i remember correctly)
im pretty sure the mooshu themed spell have all another source in mooshu.

(of course beside key spells)

anyway loremaster will probably change soon there is few theory about how ( drop spellment, spells on different bosses, ... )