Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Text chat

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
If you only have menu chat you should be able to see what people are saying in menu chat instead of just seeing ... . Especially when it is in private chat.

<Logan Goldcatcher lvl 83>

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
Menu chat is to protect children under the age of 13, if they were able to see all chat what would be the point?

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
mithy303 on Jun 28, 2017 wrote:
If you only have menu chat you should be able to see what people are saying in menu chat instead of just seeing ... . Especially when it is in private chat.

<Logan Goldcatcher lvl 83>
Menu chat is designed for a purpose. You can only see what is being said in Menu chat by others. Private chat is not Menu chat. The reasoning for chat to be the way it is, is to prevent young players from seeing or using numbers. KI isn't going to change their chat system other than making sure the filters do what they are supposed to.

I'm sorry, but menu chat is just that.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2011
If you only have menu chat, no one talking with menu chat says ... Only people with text chat or open chat do that.

Heather Goldengem level 55

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I think rather than it being automatic it should be a setting in parental controls.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Daniel BattleLeaf on Jun 29, 2017 wrote:
I think rather than it being automatic it should be a setting in parental controls.
There are settings in Parental controls but, the age a player uses when the account is set up also determines the chat that is available to them.

Delver
Dec 18, 2011
I think if your in a group (or chat channel when that hits live) you should be able to talk to menu chat people without them just seeing ...